It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell the truth? Get fired. S&P CEO fired for calling the US on it's BS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well well well... the scam just got another notch higher.

S&P Board Fires CEO For Telling The Truth, To Be Replaced With COO Of Citibank

Following years of pandering to client demands, and assigning trillions of dollars in fixed income securities with whatever rating money bought (among other things, a factor to the credit bubble and its subsequent implosion) S&P finally tried to do the right thing and tell the truth. However in this case it picked if not the worst, then certainly the most hypocriticial credit in the world to expose - the US itself. Sure enough two weeks after the downgrade, someone made the phone call and the CEO Deven Sharma is no more. As for the kick square in the gonads: Sherma will be replaced with the COO of...you know it... the bank which demanded tens of billions in secret Fed bailout loans itself, Citibank, and whose existence is inextricably tied to America not seeing any more downgrades ever again.

And he's replaced by Citibank chief operating officer...

So let us get this straight: in America when you dare to tell the truth, your career is over, while if you are a corrupt, lying, incompetent tax evader you not only get to be Treasury Secretary but likely will be on for life as long as you do the one duty you are entrusted with: pander to the interests of the Too Big To Fail financial institutions

Indeed.

The truth? You'll never hear the truth again! Not to mention, this isn't just a move against S&P... but a message to whoever would want to call the US on it's BS and ponzi scheme economy... especially to Moody's and Fitch.

Let's be real, in corporate America, crime and fraud pays... a lot... if you're a bank, a politician, a judge or a cop. If you are none of these things, you go to jail for 20 years, especially if you smoke a joint or make a 5$ mistake in your tax returns.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
S&P AAA rating restored within Weeks anyone?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon

Things are so nuts these days, I wouldn't be surprised.

Still it won't matter soon... Bondzilla is gonna make it's entry at one point or another... and blow up a bank or a country and they won't be able to stop it... and then the scam ends.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yeah, this really instills faith in the rating agencies. I'm trying to find out more about the reasons for the firing other than Zerohedge though. I love ZH but it can be more than a bit hyperbolic at times. That being said, it sadly doesn't surprise me a bit anymore.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well I honestly never gave the idea of him being fired any thought...It doesn't surprise me this happened, what does surprise me is that it happened this soon..It's like they aren't even trying to be discreet anymore. I could see the rating being restored but it doesn't matter, the U.S. is just getting they're pieces in place so they can welch on their debt by declaring war on everybody....At least that's how it seems to me at this point
edit on 22-8-2011 by NewsWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Yep. Whats scares me the most right now,is not "what" they are doing,but "how" they do it lately. They don´t even try to hide it anymore,that tells me that they don´t care,since we are too close to an "Endgame" Scenario...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Obama keeps on saying that there is no recession and that we are in recovery. A lot of the media (usually Left wing) and owned by Obama's buddy GE (which owns NBC) CEO Immelt is also pushing these lies. So of course the people will believe that we are doing well. Even though the facts are right in front of their noses!!!!

I've never seen a good economy get negatives one day and smaller positives the next have you?
I've never seen a good economy with this much unemployed and our government giving them free money to spend!!! Have you?
I've never seen a good economy with this much uncertainty have you?
edit on 22-8-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Yep. Whats scares me the most right now,is not "what" they are doing,but "how" they do it lately. They don´t even try to hide it anymore,that tells me that they don´t care,since we are too close to an "Endgame" Scenario...

My thoughts exactly....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The truth shall set you free.

Too bad these criminals want to stay in the jail that is corporate life.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately the whole political culture is sick, twisted and perverted when things like 9/11 and the GFC go through unanswered. Wikileaks and Bradley Manning have shown that the truth is a very dangerous game. It is reasonable for things to fall apart when integrity is no longer valued and is considered a liability.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Screw that, we'll be A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+++plus+Miracle++A+A+ rated. Phooey on the wimpy AAA rating.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Not so much "End Game" as maybe the first shots in a different style of War .. Seems they have lost twice now .. Desperate times needs desperate measures.

US loses "Economic War Game"

Guess there won't be a lot of truth from now on.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They probably threatened him or something if he didn't leave S&P and reverse the AA credit rating back to AAA.

I seriously wonder how much longer these Banks and Governments can continue operating in this bubble. They're practically living off imaginary money which doesn't exist.
edit on 23-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

More truth than fiction. Uncle Sugar knows how to spank his nephews if they are naughty. We do not have the same rights which we had twenty years ago. Even network news has to worry about going too far. Look how CBS got threatened over the Waco situation. Thou shalt not embarass your Secular Lords!

Gracefully resign and leave without making a scene, and we will add a little bit to your nest egg. Make a scene and force us to drag you out kicking and screaming, and we will make you pay.

new topics

top topics

join