It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens could be just like us as far as space travel..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ok, so here me out.

UFO's are reported all the time, but there isn't hardcore evidence that we can actually see and touch and understand as a whole. (I don't need someone to show me evidence because I believe but I know there's many unlike myself).

Anyway, I have a belief that aliens could be just like us humans, a planet far away from ours. Too far to put one of their own in a spaceship to travel to earth. These UFO's that we see could just be their exploration spaceships that are "unmanned". They could be watching us from these exploration spaceships and seeing that there is life far away from their planet but have no means to come here themselves..plausible?

What would we do if we were to send spaceships to MARS and were able to confirm that there was a city with beings on it living on the planet. What would we do? Most likely send more ships to explore and find out as much as we can about them.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Authenticated because: Added one more though

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Very good post.

You are definetly on to something here so I'm gonna flag your thread.

Keep up the great research

can't flag yet though sorry
edit on 22-8-2011 by Tangled4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Authenticated

Perhaps, but you forgot about this... the Earth is about 4.6ish billion (give or take) years old and the universe is said to be about 13 or 14 billion years old. So whether they're humanoid or not, it's a great possibility that many lifeforms, intelligent lifeforms, have a huge head start on us Earthlings.

Another theory, aliens (humanoid or not) could also be interdimensional beings. So they don't need to travel as far as you think. Their world can be on top of ours, existing at the same time but just on another frequency, kinda like a radio station. Some scientists are pondering new theories, such as the "Multiverse" theory.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Anything is possible, and that's a decent theory.

I happen to believe that we are not alone in the Universe, however I'm not sure we have been visited.

To be honest, I don't really care. If we have, great. They haven't killed us all yet. If not, great. They haven't killed us all yet.

Kudos to the aliens for being cool enough to let us live. OR Kudos to the aliens for being smart enough to stay away from Earth. Either way, I'm happy.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Milk

the percentage of time we have spent as humans compared to that of which we have spent in space is large. If ET was 250 years more advanced, they would be WAAAAY farther on for all we know. other theory is that ET is still in the dinosaur (or equivalent) phase or still a bacteria....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Kinda in the line of my thinking. I believe there's life other than ours in existence out there, but not to the full possibility of contact with earth, yet. Maybe they are at or level, as mentioned, or a bit behind. Even to say their advances are different, maybe more primitive that they have not seen space as such but their planet in a spiritual manner with no need to travel.
On the other side of the spectrum could be as far to say they are using technology far more advanced than known here and it would take no time to travel(inter dimensional?). Even though have have studied contact and changes to humans(aliens as the missing link), the missing part, some say, still prevails and just may be of earthly origin. If that has no significance and the UFOs are really government craft and other anomaly from on this planet.
edit on 22-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
ive been saying this forever, yeah I belive in aleins... but im also 75% sure that they are just going to be little red lizards on a planet that eat little red flys with 343434 eyes

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Heaven help us you can't just drop from the sky and offer such a simplistic "solution." You are floating the concept of UNMANNED PROBES may be the explanation for UFOs and they are sent from folks just like us but they can't get here? Sagan would be proud of you for that last, closed-minded view of what may be possible in space travel. You seriously float that as an original idea?

Believe it or not, there is a whole field of literature about the UFO phenomena that dates back at least to 1947 and earlier if you study the works of Charles Fort and others. Never heard of little green men, abductions, etc.?

Like many others, you ignore or are ignorant of masses of data that realistically, phragmatically and practically prove the existence and manner of UFO beings in their operations upon planet Earth. As we hear frequently here on ATS, please, please do your homework Prove your case to some extent if you want to be taken seriously.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thanks for the reply. Your right, the earth is so young compared to the rest of the universerse. But who knows maybe the more advanced non-humanoids are too far away and maybe ones that are closer to us could be in the same range of evolution(if you will) as we are. How many "aliens" could there be out there? Some more advanced, some less, and some in the same range as us. So many possibilities.

I have read about inter-dimensional beings, but its just hard to grasp since we really don't understand how that would all work yet. .There are so many theory's that's why it's exciting because none of us really know its all just speculation. but its fun to think..."what if"

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, and I know this "theory" isn't original. I brought it up because it came to mind, and there's really know way I could do a search on it.

As for all the evidence that's out there, I would love to see some if you have some. Problem with all that is there's a lot of people that can shrug it off as something else..Not aliens. Plenty of good explanations for the so called evidence.

The problem with a lot of it is, most of us are just your regular everyday people. We can only do so much searching and digging through websites for "evidence" but it comes to a point where you have to actually be hands on with certain things and be very knowledgeable in areas(i.e. chemistry, physics, etc), and most of us aren't.

That's probably why a big majority doesn't believe in aliens without a doubt because the evidence that is out there can't be dumbed down into terms that anyone can understand and believe.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I have long believed this due to a simple scientific phenomena known to occur daily: momentum. The force of those accelerations would instantly kill a human, and probably just about any other animal life.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

What you don't understand is this, which was actually pointed out in a post above, but imagine just our own race 50 years from now, then add another 50 and so on. Imagine what our technology will be like. If you can't look to our own recent past and realize just how fast we are moving in the tech department. Have you heard of Moore's Law? So, if any alien species is at least, oh I dunno, 1000 years ahead of us, well, technologically they're way more advanced than we can imagine. Now what if they're ahead of us by 5,000, 10,000, 100,000 or 1,000,000 years? Well, sky is not the limit for them!

We are in the 3rd dimension. Here's a clip of Carl Sagon trying to describe the 4th dimension.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I do understand what your saying, but for humans to have evolved the way we did, we had to have everything JUST right. Other planets might not have everything earth did, climate, atmosphere, etc etc. It's possible that it was the perfect time and place for us to evolve the way we have. Other planets might not have that luxury. Now I know that it's very possible that other planets and alien life forms might not need the exact things we needed for evolution and advancement but I can only theorize on what I know, as far as what we needed here on earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Again, you have to understand just how vast the Universe is. Do you really think the Earth is the only planet capable of producing life, intelligent or otherwise? And there is always the question of how old our race really is. Science has an idea but is that idea the end all be all?

Hubble Ultra Deep Field - Looking To The End Of Time

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have read that the outer areas of our Galaxy would have the best possibility of advanced life due to being perhaps millions of years older than our planet

How about Aliens useing stacis ? Instantly turn them into rock..they could travel who knows how long and then be revived.
Would it be a one way trip ?

top topics

join