It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community Groups Protest Philadelphia’s Crackdown On Flash Mobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's amazes me how they even deny involvement of Black youth in the recent Wilding sprees.And to think the community condones such action is ignorant.
Source

Protestors took to South Street Saturday night to voice their displeasure with Philadelphia’s new curfew laws, calling them draconian, and attacks against Democracy.The community walk against the curfew was designed to draw attention to what the event’s organizers called a war on the African Community, rejecting the claim that the violence of flash mobs is being caused by black youth.

(Alternative source)
Source

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Alot of people think that what is happening is class warfare.In your eyes maybe that is the case,but in the eyes of our fellow African Americans,it's not so.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Did you just reply to yourself?

In the film of the flash mob there were about 30 youths and every single one was a black person. How can they possibly deny that it is not a black problem? Ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Funny how they don't hold these events these guys go crazy.

Maybe if the did a little community love once in awhile these things wouldn't happen.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Community love is out there...They have to give it to get it. Right? Going around robbing people and stealing stuff cause they spent their welfare check on the new Jordans and a gold grill is not the best thing to do to deserve it. Its not my responsibility to fix these scum bags with love and rainbows, Although my peacemaker has an alternative way of fixing this issue.
edit on 22-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Daedal

Did you just reply to yourself?

In the film of the flash mob there were about 30 youths and every single one was a black person. How can they possibly deny that it is not a black problem? Ridiculous!

That's funny.I was just adding to the post..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i know how to solve this if i was mayor

i would tell these "groups" to simply tell us where they live

and allow no cerfew infront of there homes and businessses.

that way they can enjoy all they joys of letting these punk kids run a muck .

if they don't have the curfew kids will get shot

you can only push people so much before they snap and when they do...

ouch

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
More evidence of political correctness run rampant. How can we solve a problem we cannot even discuss with truth and honesty? Young blacks are doing these things. That is truth. We must accept the truth and then we can begin to address the problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by seedofchucky

That is actually what is happening. The curfew is only enforced in a couple of areas in the city not the entire city. Mainly downtown and center city. Howeve what I think is asinine is that they are already calling the curfew a success as if these mobs were occuring frequently.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

children make mistakes and need discipline, that's what adults are for. when youngsters across America catch on that chimping results in the loss of enjoying late-night conversation on the front stoop with one's friends or quality time spent on the street corner harmonizing some doo-wop tunes, perhaps they will make the choice to behave like civilized youth.

we live, we learn. when we fail to learn we get one step closer to reality: there is always someone who is bigger and badder out there, and the lesson they share leave permanent scars. some children learn quickly, others need it beat into them for the lesson to take hold.

maybe when a lot of 'parents' get sick and tied of having unruly teens under their feet at home, they will actually do some real parenting and get the point of good behavior across before some pissed-off ex-con does it for them late at night on a cold, wet city street.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
It's amazes me how they even deny involvement of Black youth in the recent Wilding sprees.And to think the community condones such action is ignorant.

...i didnt see that... can you post the article you based your opinion on?...

...on your source link, the video of the protest shows a diversity of people - not just blacks... futher on in the video are four young black people who explain the issues very well...

...i saw no one approving of flash mobs... some are disapproving of the expectation that curfews in a few select areas will stop flash mobs... some are also disapproving of $56,000 a weekend being spent by the city to prevent flash mobs... those are rational and reasonable opinions...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Haven't you seen the news or are you one of those types that only sees what they want to? All, or almost all the flash mobs consisted of all blacks. A fact is a fact. Maybe an occasional token white kid can be seen. Please, show us a video of a flash mob that consists of only whites, or asians that have attacked innocent bystanders or robbed convenience stores. Than take into consideratioin that blacks make up %13 of the population in the U.S. I am not racist, never have been but if it looks like a dog and barks like a dog than it must be a dog.

Do us and yourself a favor and look up the wilding that occurred in a Wisconsin fairground A few weeks ago. Or all of the hospital visits that occurred from flash mobs of all blacks. All most all victims were white. In the case of the fairgrounds (I believe in Milwaukee) they are now calling it a hate crime.

Truth be told, it is a black you problem. Mayor Nutter addressed it and now he's being called out. They are irresponsible and always use a scapegoat for their actions, they can't stand to hear the truth. Look what happened to Bill Cosby when he made his comments about the black youth. Cosby was a black panther mind you and now he is an "uncle tom" or as they now refer it as a "house 'n-word'". The truth hurts and they let it be known.
edit on 22-8-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by kimish because: to add

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Do us and yourself a favor and look up the wilding that occurred in a Wisconsin fairground A few weeks ago.

..."us"?..
...gosh, another poster with multiple personality disorder...

...this thread is about the protest in philly - not the milwaukee fair event... this thread is also not about your low opinion of me (which is all fantasy)... my last words to you are - see a shrink, asap, for your rage problem, your belief that your fantasies are real and the mpd...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

"Us" meaning other ATS posters.
I don't think lowly of you, I think maybe you need to broaden your outlook. Note I said think. It is not up to me to judge.
Yes the thread is on the Philly protests. They are claiming it to be racist against blacks, its always "out to keep the black man down". But the flash mobs are also in many other places, many of which were all caused by black youths, something you seem adamant on denying. Is that racist because %99.9 of the perps are black youths?

Regardless, these protest wouldn't be happening if Parents did what they had to do. Culture is also a huge part. I live in a city, i see all walks of life, have worked with all walks of life and of my 31 years of living I can say i blame poor parenting and culture. Wear MLK t's instead of Tupac. Idolizing thugs does not spawn productive citizens.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by Daedal

...i didnt see that... can you post the article you based your opinion on?...

...on your source link, the video of the protest shows a diversity of people - not just blacks... futher on in the video are four young black people who explain the issues very well...

...i saw no one approving of flash mobs... some are disapproving of the expectation that curfews in a few select areas will stop flash mobs... some are also disapproving of $56,000 a weekend being spent by the city to prevent flash mobs... those are rational and reasonable opinions...

It was a generalization based off of Eric Holder's testimony.And the outright disbelief that these acts are not Hate Crimes.
Source

One African-American teenager arrested Wednesday confirmed witness statements suggesting that the large group of black teens, who had originally fought among themselves, specifically targeted white people as they spilled out of the large fairgrounds on the outskirts of Milwaukee at closing time. According to the West Allis Police, he said he personally picked out white people because they were "easy targets." Eleven people were hurt.

The teenagers in this video appear as if they are at an organized event.The crimes being committed are not taking place where there is adult supervision of children.And to liken this to martial law is preposterous,curfews have been law for quite some time.
They deny involvment that it is a Hate Crime and the Black politics cover it up with BS laws.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Daedal because: Added info

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

This is new to me, I mean I lived in Philadelphia over 5 years ago and they had a damn curfew AND ENFORCED IT! So why now are they protesting this now? This has always been in effect in philly at least since 2001 at least! Or what did they do? They change it to an earlier time, or what?

I think any community should have a curfew because imbicile parents won't give their kids curfew. Mine were always told to be in when the street lamps came on, if they weren't they'd be grounded!!! But yuo can't expect imbiciles to do the right thing so the community has to.
Oh well, I know going back at least 5 years ago they enforced it for the white kids, I guess they're gettin their panties in a bunch now cause they're finally enforcing it against the black kids? Cry me a damn river. seriously. Curfew always been reinforced against the white youth in Philly, I can tell you at least four kids I know all white who got fined for curfew in Philadelphia, and two ended up in juvie cause of it, they need to quit crying foul because they're just getting equal treatment now!

edit on 22-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

There is no equal treatment. There's only white guilt and affirmative action.

I believe there is a 9 0'clock curfew for certain sections. I grew up in a town with a curfew and The city had and still has a curfew that is enforced

To me this is people looking for an opportunity to gain something by playing the race card, which by the way has been played way too many times IMHO

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by ldyserenity

There is no equal treatment. There's only white guilt and affirmative action.

I believe there is a 9 0'clock curfew for certain sections. I grew up in a town with a curfew and The city had and still has a curfew that is enforced

To me this is people looking for an opportunity to gain something by playing the race card, which by the way has been played way too many times IMHO

Agreed!
I know the very nice section of Philadelphia which also is mainly white, always had enforced curfew (Manayunk/Roxborough) the curfew was 9pm during school nights 11 pm on weekends/summer nights. And a lot of kids were snagged on it...I know the curfew is city wide (supposedly) but like you said some sections it just wasn't enforced Downtown hardly enforced it. South street was a nother place it wasn't enforced but you'd be caught if you came back from south street after 11 pm to roxborough no doubt. It's crazy they didn't have a problem before when the white sections were the only sections enforcing a city wide curfew!!!
That's just steamy brown cowpie!
edit on 22-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

...in the beginning of the video that you sourced in your op, as i stated before, there were not just blacks attending that protest - which could indicate that not all non-blacks are offended by the protest - but - obviously, you dont want to give credence to that possibility...

...you dont like the reasons they are protesting and thats okay... i detest the principles behind the westboro fruitcakes protests but i support their right to protest and dont see their protests as hate crimes... the supreme court agrees...

...as for the violent flash mobs being a hate crime - i have issues with that... prior to the hate crime law being passed, i had concerns that it would be abused and, while i do see a need in some circumstances for harsher penalties for bigots who commit violent crimes on those they hate, i'm still torn about the need for the hate crime law...

...since that putrid thread on the milwaukee fair event - i've read quite a bit on how flash mobs started - and - the reasons why some of them have morphed into criminal mobs - and - why those who participate in the criminal mobs are mostly from impoverished metropolitan areas...

...its far more than just unruly teens who werent raised right - but - i'll stop there because i'm well aware of the many on ats who not only dont agree but become livid at the mention of the realities of government enforced poverty on non-whites...

top topics

join