It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama in Close Race Against Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
www.gallup.com...

Well there you have it. In a poll, Paul is right up there, granted behind, Perry, Bachmann, and Romney.

I'm actually surprised by the Romney numbers. I suppose people aren't that informed this early, however.

Well ATS? opinion?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Once again this why is Mainstream News polls are useless 1,000 people phoned? must have been obama suppoters they picked, i see alot of support for ron paul for more then he had in 2008.

And i have to ask you OP were you ever polled? i would guess not.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It's the second chart of numbers in your linked story that gives me a chill. I didn't realize the Democrats were still behind him in such numbers with indies that split. By the numbers alone, it still looks like a real toss up. That was a bit surprising.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3ffd4eedbd3e1a87.jpg[/atsimg]

You do realize that when they phone polls... specifically when they poll nationally, they literally get a randomly generated list?

I've even been phoned for such polls. And you know what? I actually said Obama wasn't doing all that bad a job. I just said he's bad on the economy.

Now how about you go do your homework on polling and especially gallup poll before you fling wild accusation.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

To be honest I'm not that surprised. I'm still on the wall with voting for him. I hate his economic policy and I blame him for it, but what can I say about the man? He's been a halfway decent president. Maybe that's insane, but really. I don't feel too bad about him.

Now granted, if Paul wins the primary, Obama can go suck my voting finger for all I care, he's going down Novermber 2nd.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Encouraging poll in my opinion. Just think what would happen if the majority of the population went from "Ron who?" to hearing what he has to say on mega primetime debates vs. Obie

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Indeed. What this poll proves is that statistically, nationally, the pockets of his supporters are pretty even.

What this doesn't show is preference to candidate however. Rather, which you would vote for IF he won the primary.

Still encouraging. Very much so.

Though it just be a lot don't want to vote for Obama and don't know who Paul is. Still now, being asked, they will look him up.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Imagine the numbers if MSM were giving Ron Paul a fair shake at exposure.
Being a full-on Paul supporter, Im optimistic by these numbers.

Its early, and when the populace are actually paying attention to politics, Dr. Ron Paul might actually turn out to be the man to beat.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

Imagine the numbers if MSM were giving Ron Paul a fair shake at exposure.
Being a full-on Paul supporter, Im optimistic by these numbers.

Its early, and when the populace are actually paying attention to politics, Dr. Ron Paul might actually turn out to be the man to beat.

If he can get far enough to be a man on the ballot for the 2012 election, he will have more than earned the majority of the public's vote. No question. This poll certainly is encouraging by showing the public really is looking past MSM and not influenced nearly as much as in past election cycles. Very encouraging! Dare we hope?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes hope. For as the old media dies, the new media goes on.

It's a threat to them, and to be honest, this is one of the most important elections in decades.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

fine so polls are real, but still feel ron paul will win.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

A phoned poll is vastly superior to an online poll, precisely because it has a much greater chance at being random.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

As TheWalkingFox said, Phone polls are more random than Internet ones.

Internet polls are never accurate. I would expect just this from a random poll by phone. He's been getting popular since 2008. And now he's entered the arteries of hearsay. Soon, he will be a common name, and thereafter win. There are many months till then. God willing Perry, Bachmann, and Palin will be outed with the NAR near-heretics and their vile distortion of religion for political gain. All that leaves is Romney and Paul for the ticket. And Romney isn't exactly popular.

Remember, this is a poll for either or, not who you favor. It's a forced choice, not an ideal one.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I tend to bring this up a lot on this website, but there are still 12 debates left and regardless of whether or not the MSM gives Ron Paul an equal amount of coverage, millions of people who have never heard of him or heard his stance on the big issues will get to hear his voice and make up their own minds, and I think his poll numbers will improve greatly in the next few months.
edit on 22-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Here's hoping dude. Here's bloody hoping.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

A phoned poll is vastly superior to an online poll, precisely because it has a much greater chance at being random.

If you ask me i would ignore any polls 1,000 does not compear with a population over 307,006,550 or so just wanting to add that.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You need to go to National Polls to see a better representation of where they stand. Paul isn't even close to Romney or Perry.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

thats because Polls are from the mainstream news who dont want ron paul
polls are fixed not even close? Rick perry is stupid as the others in the fileds expect for ron paul.

You need to go to National Polls to see a better representation of where they stand. Paul isn't even close to Romney or Perry.

see a better representation of where they stand. Paul isn't even close to Romney or Perry.

a fixed representation of whom the mainstream wants not the people.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
All I ask is that you guys don't vote for PERRY

Really

I mean it

Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

www.realclearpolitics.com...

You are extremely biased when it comes to this man (for whatever reason). Paul is polling pretty well nationally, and not at all far from "front-runners" Rick 'Family Values' Perry and Mitt 'Corporations Are People' Romney. You can bet he'll be doing even better as the Iowa caucuses and other state primaries begin to roll out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join