It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GOP: No tax hikes -- except for the poor"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yes this is crappola This is the rich feeding the rich. Political Posturing. And is part of the stripping down of America. Our country is being destroyed by the rich. Why? They don't care about the poor, the upper middle class, the middle class or you!

So here's how I think we fix the country.

1. Kick out all of the illegal immigrants. If you are not here on visa. Get Out!

2. Stop Policing the world. Why are we always flipping the bill to protect some country that we have no business in anyway. Put your guns away and your wallets.

3. No more aid to foreign countries. We need help here. Helping other countries doesn't do crap for American people.

4. Stop raising the expenses of small businesses.(taxes, unemployment insurance) That in itself is killing the American dream and jobs.

5. Outlaw fine print on everything as a matter of fact make the fine print xtra large print. That way people see your crookedness before you sign the paper work.

6. Shorter terms for congress. Less pay. They should have the same medical insurance we do.

7. No more secret meetings for congress. We put you there to do your job. So we have the right to know what your doing and why. It's the least you can do. We did hire you to do a job ya know.

8. Allow real Americans (you and me) to run for office. Why should it take millions to run for any office. The only people that can run and win are those that already have money. Can you be president?

9. No more bailouts for Big Business. No more Banks, Car Manufacturers, Insurance companies, and any other company wrapped in that bunch. Big Business should have to file for bankruptcy like the rest of the country if they can't pay their bills. Why are they any different.

10. This is the big one in my opinion. If you want to boost the economy and create jobs for Americans. The next time you want to bail out someone. Give the American people that money. What would that do? Americans might payoff their house. Their School loans, Their cars and their personal loans. We would start going on vacation again, eating out, buying wide screen televisions. We might open small businesses, create jobs and the economy may actually take a turn for the better. All money cycles through our economy whether you bail out banks or the American people. It's all a matter of where you insert your stimulus money.
In turn Banks would start receiving payment on defaulted homes, loans and fee's. Big Business would get a boost in sales because of new purchases.

The trickle down theory does not work. The rich create jobs so that the poor can survive. That's the short of what our awesome Gov believes. Keep the rich, Rich and the wealth will trickle down to the not so rich.

But I can tell you. The Gov will never give the American People a stimulus for one reason and one reason only. If they did that. Banks would not be able to collect the interest on things like 30 year loans. And you know who runs this country right? Banks. Know why medical insurance is so high. Because the banks own them and they don't care about you or your health. Just your money.

Ron Paul has got it right folks, smaller Gov, Fair Tax, No Federal Reserve, NO IRS. Two hurdles with him. One getting him into the white house 2. Making him deliver on his words.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I was hoping the ones that questioned this would actually check for yourselves but here is the link. Its common sense really, the more people employed= more income tax revenue.
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
According to a recent Forbes article, the wealthiest 400 Americans pay of average of 18% of their income in Federal taxes. blogs.forbes.com...

Now what do you think a minimum wage earner pays? Well they pay 15.3% of their income in Social Security taxes, half of this is hidden from them, but they pay 15.3%.

For a middle class person, making around $100,000 per year, they are paying approximately 21% average income tax, and 15.3% Social Security tax, or about 36%. Double what the wealthiest Americans pay.

Most interesting, we always are told by the wealthy how much they pay, and how little everyone else pays. This is a lie. Warren Buffett, the third wealthiest person in the world, points out his marginal tax rate is lower than his secretaries. Social Security taxes account for 40% of federal revenue, and income tax provides 41%. www.factcheck.org...

So we have an extremely regressive tax system. The poorest pay the same percentage of income as the wealthiest, and the middle classes pay far more.

Of course the wealthy want to cut Social Security payments rather than remove the salary cap on taxation. If we remove the Social Security cap on salary income, we might go ahead and tax the ”unearned” income of wealthy at the same time. If we apply the 15.3% Social Security tax to the wealthy, they then would be paying 18% + 15.3% =33%. Now the wealthy would have to pay about the same tax rate as a middle class individual.

Any tax rate the wealthy pay that is lower than what the middle class pay, is an Entitlement for the Wealthy.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

employed= more income tax revenue

let's see.....
around half of the population isn't paying taxes....
food stamp enrollment isn't 25% nationwide....
I think that just about guarentees that over 25% of that half of the population or whatever have jobs now....
and alot of the ones on food stamps do also!!!

so, well, have a job does not equate to paying more in income tax, so thus, doesn't equate to more tax revenue....
and, well, I've looked up the mean income for our location, and we don't hit above that mean, and yet, we pay taxes....
and I know of people who make less than us, who pay taxes...
I don't think the non-payers are all falling into the realm of "poor", but rather are mixed into all the income brackets...
they just have a better understanding of all those deductions that can be taken advantage of and are able to take advantage of them....
after all, how many poor people are running out to buy solar panels for their apartment, or more energy efficient appliances to replace the ones that the apartment came with???

and that doesn't even cover the fact that the gov't gives more away in these deductions and credits that it takes in for taxes!!!

so no , jobs do not equate to more revenues......
the jobs have to be decent paying, or else we have to look at the other side of the coin, and see just how much the employee is draining from the system in the way of child care, hud, food stamps, ect...

and well, we have to consider just how much in deductions the person will be taking at the end of the year....

and the better off you are, the more you able to take advantage of many of those deductions!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
reply to post by Flatfish

I was hoping the ones that questioned this would actually check for yourselves but here is the link. Its common sense really, the more people employed= more income tax revenue.
www.washingtontimes.com...

Your right it is common sense and that is something the GOP seriously lacks. Even the most stupid person can see after decades of giving tax breaks to these so called job creators that it's not working and so they should lose their tax breaks. Anyone can look at history and see when taxes were higher the economy does better.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It's amazing how the message of "Hope & Change" has been transformed into Hate & Loathe.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Are people not getting that this is NOT A TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a pension plan. YOUR PENSION PLAN! It's Medicate, it's Social Security. It's your retirement!

Fine! Be okay with putting 50% less, I'm not okay with it. How is contributing LESS going to do anything other than kill it off faster?

Obama is killing YOUR retirement for HIS reelection!

edit on 23-8-2011 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
real faces always come to resurface one day or another, here you see the real faces coming out of darkness of devilish politics !!

you wonder ?? I do NOT !!
we know and knew them for a long long time !!
they are called : neo-capitalists, neo-cons, kind of old friends together : Reagan, Thatcher, Bush of course with his devilish friends like Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld, ... remember ??
it's a choice you have to make man/woman : you like neo-capitalism ?? neo-conservatism ?? corporatism ??
ok but then do not come and cry after a while, ok ? cry about yourself ok ?

otherwise look about it : neo-etc etc I told you yet ok ??
look about Mandel, a very well known professor who did write lots of books about this # !!!
en.wikipedia.org...
www.marxists.org...
www.marxists.org...
do not think marxism is dead and of course : stalinism is NOT marxism OK ??!!!!!!
have a beer and do some research,
you will not sleep well tonight after this little studying .....
peace but not at all price ok ?? !!!!!
edit on 23-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
All the things they are proposing to cut could be saved if they simply ask the rich and corporations to pay their fair share. They get more from society from the labor of others, why shouldn't they pay more? They use all the infrastructure to move their trucks, ships and planes and pollute our air and water but they want to pay nothing. This is unacceptable but they think its the natural order of things. This is EXACTLY what happened in France before the revolution. They defunded the govt becuase the nobles didnt want to pay taxes, then to refund the govt, they raised taxes on the poor. It didn't end well for the elites. Just ask Marie Antoinette.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

FICA IS NOT A TAX

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

I'm one of the poor, always have been and barring some great stroke of

luck, always will be. Because of where I grew up most of the people I

know are poor (small town). Hell, with the exception of the business

owners I'd say damn near everyone is poor to middle class mostly in

the $20,000-40,000 range. Although there are a few that make more

(local business owners mostly) but they make their money by not paying

their workers anything but minimum wage or $1 over it. They're not

alone, most companies won't pay a decent liveable wage anymore. They

will pay you between $8-12 per hour for your services whether that's

driving a forklift, running a combine, working an assembly line,

machining, working as a cashier, soddering circut boards or working in

a office. It pretty much seems if you aren't a proffesional you have

a hard time breaking the $15 hour mark.
This is where I think most of our problems lie. Most of the

people I know have jobs similar to those mentioned above and the thing

every one of them has in common? They can't make ends meet on their

own and are all on some form of government assistance or another (Wick

& foodstamps mostly). These people are expected to live and raise

their families on this paltry amount, how? How do you support a kid

with a wage like that let alone send them to college? You don't. You

need assistance and most of the time that comes from family, friends,

or the government (usually all 3).
The working mans salary is for the most part a joke. You pay

us peanuts and then make us feel bad when we can't pay for all our

bills and need to go on some sort of government assistance. We pray

we don't have to go to the doctor since most of the medical plans

offered are expensive jokes that hardly cover anything but since your

company offered you a plan (a high priced POS usually) you can't get

on the good "state plans" medical care. I was on the "state plan" as

a child (father died when I was a young leaving my mom to raise 4 kids

by herself) and it was a great plan. Don't be fooled into thinking

the government can't do healthcare well. It can and in many states

does.
The truth of the matter is, if the average worker had a decent

wage there wouldn't be such a need for so many government "handouts".

I'm not advocating that regular blue collar guys should get the same

wage as a proffesional but is enough to live on asking too much.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

What you aren't getting is that that's not how social security works.
There isn't an account with your name on it.
What you pay today, goes out today.
At this time SS is solvent, even gets plundered for non SS purposes.

What would be much more interesting though is what GOP Chairman Grover Norquist has to say about this?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BakaKing

Sounds pretty tough. Isn't it at least a little comfort to know that you will receive medical and Social Security monthly payments when you are of the age to retire, provided you worked at least 10yrs?

Forget it! Just keep the extra 50 bucks a month and figure out your own way to survive when you're 65!

Obama says it's your right! Those evil republicans! They want to make us continue to put that 50 bucks a month into the pension plan, but I want my cigarrettes NOW!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
Are people not getting that this is NOT A TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a pension plan. YOUR PENSION PLAN! It's Medicate, it's Social Security. It's your retirement!

Fine! Be okay with putting 50% less, I'm not okay with it. How is contributing LESS going to do anything other than kill it off faster?

Obama is killing YOUR retirement for HIS reelection!

edit on 23-8-2011 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

Social security was already dead before Obama walked into office. Clinton took part of the trust fund and Bush emptied it out to pay for his wars and tax breaks. And that is what all the money we pay in for now goes to. This is why the GOP wants to get rid of SS they killed it off and they just don't want to deal with yet another one of their failures.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

What you are not getting is how the pension plans work! Tax dollars disappear into thin air. At least my FICA is officially accouned for. I know, I receive a statement of my contributions every other year.

That will hold up in court.

Tax money withheld doesn't not have to prove a paper tral. MY FICA DOES

People are not getting it

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

from ssa.gov

Note two caveats concerning these rates. Public Law 111-312 reduces the OASDI tax rate for 2011 by 2 percentage points for employees and for self-employed workers. The loss of payroll tax revenue due to this one-year reduction will be made up by transfers from the General Fund of the Treasury to the OASI and DI Trust Funds and will thus have no financial impact on either program. Furthermore, starting in 2013, the Affordable Care Act imposes an additional HI tax equal to 0.9 percent of earnings over $200,000 for individual tax return filers, and on earnings over $250,000 for joint return filers.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Screw it then. Because 'they' say it's dead, why bother?

Why are people so upset about this when it is money that is purposed and guaranteed. We may not have a lot of faith in 'their' guarantee at the moment, but iti's a guarantee, nonetheless.

This was put in place by a democrat. Now, they want us to stop contributing, just when those who have paid 20, 30, 40 years into it are just now of the age to get a return>

Oh, you better believe it is DEAD. They/we are killing it before it has a chance to really prove itself.

Why the hell aren't we asking the real obvious question here:

Obama said SSN checks may not go out if ceiling isn't raised, yet two weeks later he is calling for us to continue to NOT fund it?

What is going on here and why do I feel like so many have already given up and are full ready to surrender and just blame it on the other guy?

I can't! I cannot face my little girl, with so mucch hope and promise in her eyes and say, "it's already DEAD"

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SaturnFX

those people who are standing for half this country not paying any taxes and take from other people who are

is what i am against any sane person would be.

Again with the ignorance!

If you consume, you are taxed. NO ONE unless they are dead or an infant avoids paying any taxes. NO ONE.

Sales tax, meals tax, tax on gas, the list goes on.

Say it with me "If you consume, you are taxed".
edit on 23-8-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Gotta call BS on some of this.

IF all the repubs are helping the rich, why are so many of the rich dems?

For example, hollywood?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

All rhetoric but no facts. All you defenders of the indefensible can do is sprout noise without substance or reality. When, as is inevitable your house of cards philosophy comes tumbling down like humpty dumpty all what is said is tired meaningless rhetoric, as there is not a single fact or piece of information in your post or that of your friend.

The noise of the intellectually defeated!
GO BACK TO SLEEP!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join