It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ticket for 2nd mandate - ABC News: "'Obama Doctrine,' NATO Strengthened by Gadhafi Downfall".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
As the rebels assaulted Tripoli, it's getting more and more blatant that MSM is building the Obama-took-down-libya-dictatorship scenario for boost his power as NWO leader and buy him a 2nd term.

When President Obama announced military intervention in Libya in March, he was criticized by liberals for injecting the United States into a third war, and by conservatives for doing it too slowly. As the mission dragged on, from "days and weeks" to months, the bipartisan criticism only grew, with charges that Obama was "leading from behind" and violating the War Powers Act in the process. Now, the impending downfall of Moammar Gadhafi brings one of Obama's key foreign policy objectives closer to fulfillment, and signals that the president's strategy was at least partly a success(...)

abcnews.go.com...

It's the first time I hear the expression "Obama Doctrine". If Gaddafi is arrested or killed in the next hours, I bet Obama will interrupt his vacations to make a TV speech, with some bombastic statement concerning the actions in Libya. Most likely Gaddafi's downfall will buy him more 4 years in the White House.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Personally, I don't see this happening and I see this becoming a place he will come to wish he'd never of. They have a tiger by the tail and nowhere to run when they let go. The tiger comes in the form of our Libyan Rebel friends.

We've all read from the start that these are a mixed bag of civilian school teachers to hard core Jihadis fresh from the street fights in Iraq. Anywhere else in the world, we'd have been fighting THEM, not supporting them. Now they have or very soon will have total control of a nation with everything that entails both military and economic.

At the same time, the nations who did this believe they have the right to 'influence' how things are done and what is permissible. This won't end well and it won't be of any help to Obama by the election. We should have left this place alone, entirely.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think it would be wise for everyone to wait a little longer before they start claiming a great victory for the "Obama Doctrine." Do the words "Mission Accomplished" bring anything to mind??

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
(rubs eyes) I may be out of the loop a bit, but it appears to me as though the Obama doctrine is just a retread of the Bush doctrine.

You know…… the bush doctrine. Topple one dictator and install a just government. It will make the neighbors uppity once they see how good they could have it, so it will spark revolutions in the neighboring states.

Just slap a sticker on it and call it your own.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The GOP blamed Obama when it seemed like a bad idea, and now that he has succeeded they will give him no credit. Bush bankrupted the country with ten years of hopeless wars and now Obama wins one by leveraging 1/1000 the assets for less than a year.

Yeah, I would say Obama just gained big time for the election. And the Repubs look like fools to suggest otherwise. But please, please, keep talking.

new topics

top topics

join