It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond discovery in candle flames

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Scientists Turn Tequila into Diamonds?
www.guardian.co.uk...
Now you can get drunk by candlelight and be surrounded by diamonds

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ironorchid

Awesome, I got hundreds of candles. Might aswell melt them all, and extract the diamonds out!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
sweet discovery, though chances are there's much more to learn (or relearn) where this is all going, coming from..

1 up for science and her beautiful body.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Could it be that this was also known in the past? I mean wizards, witches, etc using candles in all sorts of potions, spells, rituals, etc.

Just a question tho great find amayzing!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Have to admit, I haven't heard of this one but then there is so much new to learn.

"Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds "? - totally trippy but who knew?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

Dunno - I find candle magic fascinating but thought it was really down to the power of positive thinking.
Maybe I'll have to think again.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
lol thanks for this op, now i got something i can get my fiance for our anniversary coming up on the 4th lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I wonder if you could put some of your own small loose diamonds inside you candle. Maybe like substances will atract other like substances. hmmmm... I doubt I would ever see anything though seeing as they are nano sized. dang!

oh yeah S&F

edit on 23-8-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The Candle is now Diamonds!

LOL.

Awesome discovery.
I wonder if all flames have diamonds at their center.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It is really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Amazing!.

It wont be long now until we have candles the size of space shuttle spitting out golf ball sized diamonds!! lol.

Jah bless

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm glad that you all liked it.

It's exciting to be living in times when science is discovering magic.

I blame quantum.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Wow that is fascinating! Just goes to show just how how minuscule our knowledge our universe is.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironorchid
I'm glad that you all liked it.

It's exciting to be living in times when science is discovering magic.

I blame quantum.

RE-discovering.

Magic has been around since the dawn of mankind, we simply lose touch with it from time to time.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Ah chemistry...

The playground of the gods, lunatics, and accident prones.

... all those times I washed the soot off of my hand after running it across a flame.

Who'd a thunk ?

Take an "F"in look at this

If gold is heated to over 5000 degrees, it breaks down to a white powder which is monatomic gold atoms. If this powder is heated up it suddenly becomes 56% of its former weight. When the powder is cooled it becomes as much as 300% its former weight! This was explained by looking at the nucleus.

Humans have eaten this white powder (monatomic gold) and reported that it somehow revitalized the DNA… but that is something I have not yet researched. I am more interested in the anti-gravity properties. But the idea of consuming atoms capable of inter-dimensioality and levitation (anti-gravity superconductivity)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The functional uses here could be interesting. They are not just diamonds, but rather nanodiamonds. On the nano scale minerals have vastly different properties. One funtional use of nanodiamonds:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Researchers at the University of Calgary and Hewlett Packard Labs in Palo Alto, California, have come up with a way to use impurities in diamonds as a method of creating a node in a quantum network. In addition to making powerful and secure networks, this discovery may also help sensitive measurements of magnetic fields and create new powerful platforms useful for applications in biology.

"Impurities in diamonds have recently been used to store information encoded onto their quantum state, which can be controlled and read out using light. But coming up with robust way to create connections needed to pass on signals between these impurities is difficult," says Dr. Paul Barclay, who recently moved to Calgary to start labs at the University of Calgary in the Institute for Quantum Information Science and at the National Institute for Nanotechnology in Edmonton.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i wonder how many diamonds are in the flames if the sun?!

cool find!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Thats a very funny video hahaha but it was cute,,thanks..Peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join