It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO'S?? Yes !!! - Little Green Men??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I wanted to thread this for some input from all of you.. I have to start by saying I have noticed a spike in UFO posts due to various sightings and theories and other opinions and beliefs!! I am not making fun of what people believe but I have to say, why the multitude of sightings now? I mean if they are Little Green Men or Life forms from outter space, are they here to buy stocks, gold, houses? I don't question that UFO's are seen and exist.
I do question if they are beyond this world or a object that is man made to take attention off the real issues humanity faces. I could say it this way and be valid in my conclusion. The Powers That Be Have , Unbelievably Foolish Objectives (UFO's) and I don't know where they come from but it's not Outter Space !!

Thanks for taking a look..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well I'm sure an alien invasion is about as credible as a zombie apocalypse, both seem to be advertised ad nausea on the msm.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Around this time there is always a bump in the number of reported sightings. That's because people are spending more time outdoors and looking up into the sky. They have cameras to take holiday/vacation pictures. And with real news slow, news outlets are on the lookout for "human interest" stories, which UFO reports qualify as.

I wouldn't read a lot into it. I've seen the same thing happen for decades. Nothing ever happens as a result. But I guess that's the UFO game in a nutshell, anyway.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

post by CherubBaby
I have to say, why the multitude of sightings now?

Youtube .
People desperate to believe Et is here .

Just two but there are probably many more .
I have seen nothing posted or reported recently that hasn't been either a miss-identification of something prosaic , eg; planes , balloons or lanterns , or a plain CGI Hoax .

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Dr. John Mack from Harvard talked about "patterns of truth" that could not be denied, that emerge when one objectively studies cases that deal with ordinary people who experience extraordinary things. Their reactions are typical, their emotional responses are typical, they are all left with the distinct impression that something other wordly has taken place to them. The French who have released their documents talk of the extraterrestrial hypothesis as being the most probable for many of their more remarkable incidents. There have been enough excellent mass sightings and pilot sightings of massive silent craft that points to "not from our playground".

If you want to play yes and no positive , negative binary science, then no, little green men don't exist the evidence science needs is absent for now. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of variables to consider before writing it all off.

You all realize the Earth was still round the day before that prevalent view took hold.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
double post
apologies
edit on 22-8-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

I have no doubt that ET exist , I'm even 99% that they have visited , but I don't believe ...for whatever reason , that they are here now nor have they been for at least a couple of decades .

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

... nor have they been for at least a couple of decades .

You seem pretty sure and specific.
So why the departure in the '90's? Couldn't take the grunge scene?

Maybe they have just gotten better at being discrete?
If they were here wouldn't it stand to reason they could still be here?

Besides if it is conceivable they are here how do we know how many species there are and what their agendas are?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Your exactly right! And to add all the recent alien invasion movies, tv series ect... People are jumping on the bandwagon, again!

Not to say there's more sightings, there may be, but a lot of them are miss identification.

There is no doubt something is out there! Government and ET alike.

Oh, and OP what the hell is up with calling them "Green Men" ! at least go more MS and call them all Greys!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

post by sparrowstail
If they were here wouldn't it stand to reason they could still be here?

As I said "for whatever reason" , I mean we could speculate , maybe they only pop in every so often or the old story of the accidental shooting of a grey by the US military deteriorated relations or they got fed up with being blown out of the sky or ...... they just got bored with our warmongering ways .
Or maybe they are still here and for whatever reason we don't see them

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Thanks for your post. I hadn't really thought about the patterns etc.. I did a bit of surfing and found out your right on the money..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
There seem to be a few basic questions:

1. Are there strange things flying around up there that seem to defy our ideas of the laws of physics? Well, some governments have admitted that much but are not ready to say what they are. Even some ufologists don't want to go further than that. Some knowledgeable debunkers will even admit that much, calling them UAPs (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) rather than UFOs. Reading just three of the free online books available at NICAP's Web site The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects (by Edward J. Ruppelt, first head of Project Blue Book), Flying Saucers Are Real (by Donald E. Keyhoe) and Flying Saucers from Outer Space (also by Major Keyhoe), or even just the first one, can establish that much pretty well.

2. ET or not ET, that is the next question: There are plenty of non-ET theories as to what those UAPs might be, most rather silly. And if we had proof that folks on some distant planet were observing Earth from dozens of light-years away, it wouldn't be nearly as big a deal as finding out they were here in mass as anthropologists, tourists, and perhaps more.

3. If ET, how could they get here, and how could their ships and small probes demonstrate such flight characteristics that we normally think would result in excessive g-force? Well, Bernard Haisch, Ph. D., who operates a Web site called the UFO Skeptic (professing healthy skepticism of both the believer side and the debunker side) is one of the scientists who participated in a NASA-funded project on exotic propulsion systems and produced several papers proposing from a quantum-mechanics perspective that the elusive so-called zero-point energy is responsible for the van der Walls force, inertia, and gravity, raising the possibility of a means of propulsion that has some surprising advantages but requires a tremendous amount of energy but no propellant, presumably useful only if combined with extremely efficient use of zero-point energy as the fuel source (which, as explained by Haisch and his coauthors, does not violate the laws of thermodynamics). Like a sailing ship, a craft with such a system would take its propulsive force from the environment (in this case not-so-empty space) but also (what a coincidence!) exhibit those same UFO-type flight characteristics that seem so weird, even impossible, to observers only familiar with flying machines built with known Earth technology. But those are mainstream scientists working on out-of-mainstream theory, and known experimental support so far lies mainly with the Casimir effect, whose strength depends on distance of plates, where two uncharged plates in a vacuum cling together with strength equal to that of a suction cup of equal surface area (under normal atmospheric pressure) when the plates are 10 nm apart, and strength increases as distance decreases. But it's one possible answer.

4. Where's the beef? There's the popular concept of 1 photo > 10^3 words. Well, some of the most famous UFO photos are proved hoaxes,.like one of the Belgian triangle (recently admitted to be a hoaxed photo) or that of several "UFOs" over the U.S. Capitol Building in 1952 (lens flares [look at the building's windows], even though the official explanation for the case itself has been confirmed to be false). With so many hoaxed photos, nearly all are in doubt. If ET, then of course clear, smoking-gun pictures exist but are locked away or have been destroyed. Those might be the stills taken with two cameras, together with film, that Gorden Cooper turned over under orders in 1957 but said he looked at and found to be of excellent quality. There is also footage from Project Twinkle not available to the public, which shows whatever was flying over and captured on film on several occasion from at least two locations, using cinetheolodites, which were used for tracking missiles during tests and put azimuth and elevation data on the motion-picture film in addition to a visual image of the subject. There is also gun-camera footage from military jets scrambled to intercept UAPs, also not available to the public. Perhaps Congressional hearings could bring out such evidence plus artifacts (if any are being held). But if the ETH is true, perhaps Washington would experience a massive power failure (and a similar disruption each time hearings restarted).

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So I have to ask again. Why the increase in the UFO sitings and why now? Are they Govt.? If ET is here why don't the Governments of the world talk about it? Is it smoke and mirrors?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
So I have to ask again. Why the increase in the UFO sitings and why now? Are they Govt.? If ET is here why don't the Governments of the world talk about it? Is it smoke and mirrors?

Honestly, I would not be surprised if it had to do with 2012 paranoia, people looking to the sky for meteors or even aliens based on some beliefs. You're bound to find something out of the ordinary, especially when thats something you happen to be looking for.

new topics

top topics

join