It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors seek to dismiss Strauss-Kahn charges... Yahoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Prosecutors.... dismiss

NEW YORK (AP) — New York City prosecutors asked a judge Monday to dismiss all criminal charges against former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn because they aren't sure beyond a reasonable doubt that the hotel maid who created a cross-continental sensation by accusing him of sexual assault is telling the truth.

The looks of it are that she lied...

"In virtually every substantive interview with prosecutors, despite entreaties to simply be truthful, she has not been truthful on matters great and small," the lawyers wrote.

or is it a case of prosecutors deciding to late they cant handle the pressure....

Diallo, and her attorney, Kenneth Thompson, met briefly with representatives of the Manhattan district attorney's office to discuss the decision not to proceed with the prosecution. Thompson didn't say what had happened inside or reveal what his client was told, but he recited a short statement condemning prosecutors for their handling of the case.

"Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance has denied the right of a woman to get justice in a rape case," he said. "He has not only turned his back on this innocent victim. But he has also turned his back on the forensic, medical and other physical evidence in this case."

Thompson is asking a judge for an order disqualifying the prosecutor's office from handling the case. Diallo is also suing Strauss-Kahn, seeking to make him pay financially if not with his freedom, a move that the diplomat's lawyers helped erode her credibility.

Well having followed it I was left with some weird thoughts on this one... WHY????

It made very little since on the progression of events.... I know this will start stuff but something smelled fishy to me...

My thoughts is that regardless it is a huge set back for rape victims but I have to file it under false charges set back.... Either way I hope regardless the woman seeks help or continues it...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
CNN's da drops...

New York (CNN) -- A New York district attorney recommended Monday that charges be dropped against former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who was accused more than three months ago of sexually assaulting a hotel housekeeper.

In "a recommendation for dismissal" filed in court Monday, two prosecutors in the Manhattan district attorney's office laid out their arguments for requesting that numerous charges -- including attempted rape and sexual assault -- be dismissed, citing fresh evidence and questions about the accuser's credibility.

You know I probably should keep reading these but it does make me mad... how could the DA precede then drop the ball because it now appears that the witness is unreliable... I really do hope he sues the crap out of the NY DA's office....

well I am off to fox to see if they covered it differently

join