It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad is now bombing his own people using warplanes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is totally DISGUSTING.

It's reported on Al-Jazeera Arabic.

- AJA is reporting that Syrian jets may have bombed Rastan, a town near Homs
- I see now that the UN team finished reviewing Homs province Bashar sees it fit to start bombing town there! #Syria
- Confirmed: from sources on ground; that the Syrian regime is NOW using Air Force jets to bomb civilians in Al Rastan, near #Hom

This is horrible.

AJA BRK: Loud explosions heard in Rastan (near Homs) after intensive overflights by military jets. #Syria

- Heavy plane presence over Alrastan and heavy bombs are shaking Alrastan now #march15 #Syria #homs #homsbleed

A no-fly zone please? You don't even need a fly zone... just find Assad with spy plane/drone/satellite... and then SEND A CRUISE MISSILE UP HIS BUTT.

How hard is that... just assassinate the SOB.

Turkey should do it... it's in their backyard and they have the means to do it.

Syria unrest: UN says 2,200 killed in protest crackdown
edit on 22-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Isn't this the same thing Khadaffi (I give up on trying to spell his name) was reportedly doing before that whole mess started and NATO got involved in Lybia? Weird.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's time to see if Turkey will back up the big talk it issued the other day.

Someone needs to step in, and it can not be the United States this time around. Hopefully help will come to these individuals, as they are surely in dire need.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If you want disgusting, then lookup what his father did in 1982 and 1983. The world sure didn't seem to mind back then or since.

That said, this is all rigged and planned. They are causing dissent in Syria knowing that Assad (the dictator son of a mass murderer) would respond the same way as his father and then they could get in and 'tweak' the country to suit their needs.

Who is the bad guy in this? The one killing or the one that setup the people to be killed? I suppose Obama will come out smelling like blood and roses though.
edit on 8/22/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

What do you think about Turkey jumping in, and Iran having syria's back. Would the US jump into if Iran did? Potential WW3? Might sound crazy but seems Syria is a lot more ruthless and harsh than Libya was/is.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just find it unfathomable why these dictators do what they do when they know full well what's gonna happen to them. Does he really believe he has an option out other than complete compliance?

He deserves what is coming.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
A no-fly zone please?

Are you going to set it up with your own private funds? I highly doubt it. In no way do I want my money wasted on interfering in the affairs of yet another country.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Authenticated

The US should still stay out of it if the situation became one involving Turkey, Syria, and Iran. More likely than not, Israel and Saudi Arabia would join the fray (Check the wikileaks documents, they were prepared to launch a joint-coalition without the aid of the US against Iran in the first place). It would be a large scale Middle Eastern conflict, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. It needs to happen without the aid of the US, for we can not always be there to assist others. Sometimes states will have to settle things on their own terms without an outside and unrelated third party interfering.

That's simply my take on it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by Vitchilo
A no-fly zone please?

Are you going to set it up with your own private funds? I highly doubt it. In no way do I want my money wasted on interfering in the affairs of yet another country.

I'm not saying the Us should do it.

Turkey should do it... they have the means easily to do it...

Go Turkey.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I think Turkey could deal with Syria on its own from a military point of view.Iran for all its rhetoric is unlikely to get involved in a big way. Iran does not have a land border with Syria so any help would need to be done by air.

What would be good was if Saudi Arabia went in militarily. However they do not like to attack other Muslim countries or regimes even if they are Shia. (They usually ask America to do their dirty work eg Iraq) I don't think Obama would be keen as he is anti-war. So really I cannot see any change as Assad does not listen as he believes no one is going to stop him.

Perhaps Israel might go in. Do wonders for their public image. Destroying a crap regime and saving 1000s of sunni Muslims. lol

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Looks like things are winding down in Libya and the rebels are almost in control. NATO can shift operations east a little ways to Syria and basically do the same thing.

It tells me a lot that Israel have not only agreed to a truce with the Palestinians but also APOLOGIZED to Egypt - both incredibly soft responses by Israel's usual standards. Why? Because they know things are about to heat up in Syria and they'll need all their military on high alert very soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

No it's probably because we told them to shut up and sit down. This is one of the benefits we get for sending them aid all the time which people who are yelling for us to quit don't understand.

It's also why they didn't make a move when Saddam was hitting them with scuds. We have influence which the aid we give them allows us.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It seems now they see a end to the Libya situation ,it's time to push the Syria agenda ...

As it turn out that Libya wasn't bombing it's own people ,but it got the push NATO needed?

I'm sick to death of this so called Humanitarian missions ,as no doubt this is what Syria is being pushed as now.

Syria are no threat to the western world ,we should let them sort there own problems out.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Iran had better stay out of it. I start work in Dubai in a few weeks, the last thing I need is to be stuck in another flipping war!

Not selfish or anything...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Don't believe any of it.

It's obviously a CIA, MI5, NATO, MTV, DVD, VCR, RCA, VHS and your local PTA plot to overthrow that Government.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

AJA is reporting that Syrian jets may have bombed Rastan, a town near Homs

There's a Bible prophecy about the destruction of Damascus, people have long interpreted this as an attack by Israel on Syria but since all the turmoil started there I've been wondering if Assad might bomb it himself if he felt like he was going to be deposed just to spite the Syrian people.

Isaiah 17:1
The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thing with Syria is... they've got lots of Scuds with chemical weapons... and they are close to Israel and Iraq.

So... let's say NATO were to get involved... Assad might be crazy enough to load those missiles and fire them at US military bases in the area and at Israel.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyed

I don't think Obama would be keen as he is anti-war. So really I cannot see any change as Assad does not listen as he believes no one is going to stop him.

Allegedly. His track record so far says otherwise, what with the whole invasion of Libya without congressional approval and what-not.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Russia has a massive and strategic base in Syrian port of Tartus which is vital to them and there presence in the Mediterranean ,they wont take lightly to a no fly zone.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Since ist reported the same Libya was even though it wasnt true i wouldnt trust Jazeera Arabic, if NATO attacks Russia will Join in, do you think the russians will allow the killing of its own Naval base in Sryia all every young man?

I think not.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join