It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you vote for, and why? This is important.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
After having a conversation at a company picnic, then returning home only to have a nearly identical conversation with a family member, I'm not thrilled. As a matter of fact, I'm very disappointed, so I am turning to each and every one of you. The question is simple:

Person A: In the 2012 presidential election campaign, who would you vote for?
Person B: If any of them are still running then who are running now I won't vote for (sh*t)

Person A: In the 2012 presidential election campaign, who would you vote for?               
Person B: The same as last year, Chuck Norris. (with stupid chuckle).

Not to be unfaithful to my loyal ATS family, but I am posting this on three other political oriented message boards, in 30 days when the numbers tally, I will update with solid numbers and a color coded graph.

Please remember that this is a statistics pole and is completely anonymous, if it bothers you, you do not need to participate, or if you would like to be double sure of anonymity, use your local public library, create a new account, or download and install TOR on your home PC for complete anonymity.

I would like to keep this simple, but feel free to explain why you choose to vote for this person.

Thank you, wonderful internet world for making this a reality!

NOTE: I do live in a predominantly Republican state.
edit on 22-8-2011 by NewWorldDisorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

I'm leaning toward Perry today. My mind seems to favor one candidate one week, and another the week after, and so on.

The Republican roster has some great people to choose from, and most have something unique to offer that helps them to distinguish themselves from the field. It's from constant reading and researching and listening that my mind continues to change.

I love the free market, strong immigration control and border security, strong national defense and small government with minimal regulation. Each candidate has his/her own ratio of these qualities, and for this reason, this is the bottom line:

I will vote for any person, or inanimate object for that matter, that the GOP gets behind. Even the weakest of the weak candidates (for GOP) would be much, much better than this jerk that is currently soiling the office of POTUS.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only choice imo. All the demoncrat candidates are scum(apologies to any actual scum that may be perusing the thread). The repuklicans are not much better. I am tired of choosing the lesser of 2 evils. Ron Paul even if as a write in.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Already posted

By you even lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Ron Paul.

He wants to end the wars, end the Drug War, audit the Federal Reserve, and follow the Constitution. I think those are some of the most important things that this country needs, but there are many other issues that I agree with him on. In fact, the only big issue I can think of that we disagree on is taxing the rich. Other than that, he and I see eye to eye on basically everything.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

This is fuel for worries. Remember the Perot debacle? If there is a solid Independent runner on the ballot, this freedom-hating-nightmare could stay in the WH until he find the end his destructive path; the complete tranformation of The United States of America.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, I'm still voting for Boondock-Saint.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

To be honest, I'm not sure. I am leaning towards Dr. Paul at the present time but actually I expect to be voting "against" someone and not really for anyone as this has always been the case in the past. But Dr. Paul could be the exception.

I could have voted for Obama again if he had of not turned into a neocon as bad as his predecessor.

edit on 22-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Who ever has the best chance of beating Obama, period. I could care less about anything other than electability to get this nightmare over with.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I have said it before and say it again. I don't think "Our" vote matters until the electronic balloting system is removed. I don't trust a computer telling me the results of our votes..

Thanks for the thread!!

top topics

join