It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Sexual assault charges against Strauss-Kahn will be dropped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Attorney: Sexual assault charges against Strauss-Kahn will be dropped

www.cnn.com

New York (CNN) -- Former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn will no longer face criminal charges related to allegations that he sexually assaulted a hotel housekeeper, the housekeeper's attorney said Monday after meeting with prosecutors.
Kenneth Thompson made the announcement following a meeting that lasted less than half an hour, and hours after filing a motion asking a judge to halt proceedings in the case and appoint a special prosecutor.
"Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance has denied the right of a woman to get justice in a rape case," Thompson said in as p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It is amazing what you can get away with if you have enough money, hey?

It is crazy that the elite of the world can get away with, and the fact that this is happening just proves that they are above the law even more.

This is crazy world we live in where money buy ANYTHING.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

www.cnn.com

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

It is crazy that the elite of the world can get away with, and the fact that this is happening just proves that they are above the law even more.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

www.cnn.com

I bet you would take the money too.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Doubtful, not all people sell out.

Dignity is more valuable than any amount of money...

Pred...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Doubtful, not all people sell out.

Dignity is more valuable than any amount of money...

Pred...

Yeah, until they get handed a big roll of cash.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I don't know what to believe, this case is so fishy, since day 1 I've always thought of this as staged/controlled, a really wealthy man caught trying to assault a maid???? banksters can giveth and take it away

always seemed like a public/political execution to me
edit on 22-8-2011 by all answers exist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
old bare nude man forces physically working black woman to bj him --- twice

the accusation of rape is getting far too often instrumentalised.
edit on 22-8-2011 by CriticalCK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Who says he got away with anything. This was a strange case, it could have been him being set up... Or the woman trying to keep herself in the US seeing that she was facing deportation.

Plenty of stuff in this one that will never be disclosed I presume.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You get as much 'Justice' as you can afford

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The woman admitted lying about a gang rape that never happened. I doubted her since that part of the story came out. If Strauss is totally innocent, this woman single-handedly destroyed him. With her history of lying about such cases, we'll never know if it really happened. As for me, I think she is in a profession where she can create such stories to make a good buck and get on the front pages of newspapers. I don't trust liars...
www.examiner.com...
edit on 22-8-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You seem to be under the illusion that everyone feels their existence is based upon the attainment of currency and will always seek more, while in reality there are quite a few of us who are more than happy to go without and are quite content with what we have.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Any thoughts?

Pred...

www.cnn.com

How about the other side of the coin? It's amazing what people will try to frame you for if you have enough money, eh?

Just because somebody has money, does NOT mean they're suddenly evildoers who do bad things all day long and should be locked up.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

While I am not saying there is people out there that exist like you say, why would we side with the rich guy?

I would hate to imagine how much money this man makes and how much influence he could buy himself regarding this woman. Who is to say an accusations about this woman are true and they are not trying to smear her name?

The bankers and elite have done much worse in the past, so why would we even consider these people, who are the biggest criminals in society today, to be telling any sort of truth?

Pred...

new topics

top topics

join