It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New and improved overtime Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Bush's new gift to buisnesses. Apparently buisnesses have been lobying for decades to get this & bush was the one to give it.
Story

[edit on 20-8-2004 by jmilici]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is a crime!!!!

Lets deduct Bush's pay everytime he goes to the ranch!!!

Com'on America!!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Funny you say that, guess where he's at right know?

You guessed it. Him and Barb are at the ranch. Although "they" say that they are working on thier speech for the convention.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Probably take him all that time to learn the words of his speech!!!

Con-ven -shun

Sov- er-nin-ity

aaahh

ahhh

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The Labor Department says as many as 107,000 workers could lose overtime eligibility under its new rules, but about 1.3 million will gain it. The Economic Policy Institute, a liberal Washington think tank, says 6 million will lose, and only a few will get new rights to premium pay for working more than 40 hours a week.

i trust the Labor Department more than i trust the Economic Policy Institute(liberal "think tank")

"It's absolutely true that it's been much more of a political issue than it should have been," said Michael Eastman, U.S. Chamber of Commerce's labor law policy director. "It's been on the regulatory agenda since the Carter administration. It shouldn't be this controversial."

my thoughts exactly

"We wanted clarity and we wanted reduced litigation," Eastman said. "Business was willing to accept some increased labor costs in order to get it."

bottom line is reduced litigation...more overtime pay for laborers...

the only people who would benefit from this law not going into effect are the trial lawyers in America....

hmmmm......

Trial Lawyers or Laborers

im for the laborers myself...

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Creepy]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Have to agree with Creepy....

Probably take him all that time to learn the words of his speech!!!

Even then he won't get it....especially when he starts talking about Iran going "nukular"....or of how North Korea threatens all of its "European" neighbors!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I understood it differently. So basically the laborors will benifit if the laws go into affect? Or is it the other way around.

top topics

join