It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Storm Tracked from Sun to Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I hope this wasn't already posted, I did a search and couldn't find anything so.... if it was, please just disregard.

Also, I am putting it in this forum because it really gives you an idea of just how small our planet is!

"The movie sent chills down my spine," says Craig DeForest of the Southwest Researcher Institute in Boulder, Colorado. "It shows a CME swelling into an enormous wall of plasma and then washing over the tiny blue speck of Earth where we live. I felt very small."

Very cool video, enjoy!

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Cool video. You have to wonder how that much energy hitting our planet affects it and us. I know that it can knock out satellites and power grids, but what does it do to the natural world and to our bodies electrical systems?
edit on 22-8-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Nice Video, I love the side view of the Sun, Heliosphere, and Inner Earth. It really shows how we are bombarded with the Suns particles in very very violent blast of energy. Cool Video

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

Yes I wonder about that myself. If you look at the big picture we are so small, yet we act like nothing can touch us. Oh well...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Thanks! I know that was a very cool image. They were lucky to get that... in the right place at the right time!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

It shows July 2009. Go figure. It must be some old information released by NASA.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Yes I think somewhere in the video it mentions how long it took to get the images and put them all together...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oh noez! A CME!!!
Hasn't happened a million times before right? *yawn*
I have yet to hear of a CME/space storm/what ever do more damage then knock out some power.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

I know right?
However, I didn't post it for that reason. I simply posted it because it's a cool video

top topics

join