It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would americas most intelligent patriots lie...(Apollo related)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I do not know from how many applicants the Mercury/Appolo astronauts got selected but what I do know is that these choosen astronauts were/ are mental healthy, highly intelligent, strong personallities and let us not forget and most important willing to die for their country.

I started this thread because this whole situation with Bart Sibrel and his own little Apollo project keeps me thinking. I do not understand....

It is easy to say that the tactics of Sibrel are unethical and that he is a blunt moron....maybe he is but that does not take away that the outcome of his confrontation with the astronauts was meaningless and worthless.

For the readers who do not know what I am talking about I have THIS YouTube vid with Sibrel confronting Buzz Aldrin. Sibrel is pushing all the 'Buzz buttons' he can find and gets rewarded with a punch after finally pushing the button that really does buzz.

With this formula of interviewing many of the Apollo astronauts and asking them the request of swearing on the Holy Bible that they indeed landed and walked on the moon he tries to provoke a...honest answer?

Anyways,...back to my not understanding. The thing is that the behaviour, body-language is pretty much the same with each of the astronauts when asked to swear on the bible.....they refuse....and get anoyed when asked to explain themselves.

It is my guess that a good experianced forensic psychiatrist will have an interesting conclusion after studying these Sibrel encounters.

Okay now you know that I am very doubtfull about the Apollo moonlandings. Taking all the other 'evidence' like photographs and other investigated material in account the question remains.....Why would these bright, honest, intelligent, patriotic and young men lie about their extra-ordinairy accomplishments?

To me, and many others it is clear that something about the moonlandings/apollo program does not add up. Maybe they did land but did not all the 17 Apollo-landers reached their designation.

So I am asking myself what could be a legitimate reason for these guys to lie for the NSA, CIA, President or Congress.

I do not think that it has something to do with corruption of a president, NASA officials or just because they just couldn't deliver the technology. After all...if you can land one on the Moon you can land the other 16 too...

How does it all fit in with the fake photographs.....i am convinced that photographs were faked. Do not ask me to proof that because even if there is proof it will be denied...by fanatics

If these men are willing to stand and live with such a enormes lie it must be something really convincing and vital. The only thing that can give such a reason is when the story of having been warned off the Moon by ET is true.

The whole country...the whole world was watching how the first Apollo rocket took off and the expectation was that everybody would pay close attention with the rest of the Apollo landings...so what to do...to keep the presence of ET and their message a secret to the people on Earth? Fake the rest.....

This is the only way I can make sense of the faked moonlandings and the cooperation of the astronauts with the lie.....

With my limited abillity to be a judge of character Neil Armstrong gives me the impression to be a no-nonsense and rightious kind of guy. He is not the man who will lie for a corrupt president or to lie for any scam. You can see that he is unhappy with not being able to tell the truth....but he can live with himself because the lie is for reasons justifiable....back then.

Listen to this interview to learn more about Neil Armstrong

Does my analysis make sense...? Do I understand correct or do you say, no......listen, this is how it all fits together.

edit on 22/8/2011 by zatara because: austronauts do other things than astronauts

edit on 22/8/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You lost me with "austronauts"?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Why would americas most intelligent patriots lie...

Because they are dedicated, honorable servicemen sworn under oath to not discuss or engage in conspiratorial matters that would reflect badly on the agency or themselves.

They (some) are merely trying to uphold that honor. Armstrong is one such individual. Others less so.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

I have no idea what you are talking about....

Second line...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure if I went to space, risked my life for my country, it was televised, and was the first or one of the first people in the world to do what I had done, that if some jerk kept hounding me basically calling everything I ever did a lie, I would be knocking heads.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

The thing is that the behaviour, body-language is pretty much the same with each of the austronauts when asked to swear on the bible.....they refuse....and get anoyed when asked to explain themselves.

This always bothered me, including the astronaut that joked about having him "whacked" or "waxed". Of course you don't see the entire encounter, just the edited portions.

All of which you can find in the film "astronauts behaving badly" which is a companion piece to "something funny happened on the way to the moon"

Anyways, to play devil's advocate:

Their reaction is that of someone so angry that someone would actually question something as important as their role in the moon missions, that they lose complete control.

the fact that they all do it is interesting, but without unedited film of the entire interview, we really don't know exactly what Bart said to get them going.

and from the smirk on his face while doing it, I'm assuming he was going for that reaction, and got it.

See, for these guys, asking them to swear on the bible is essentially saying "You are a liar and I know it" which, if they are telling the truth, would totally make me angry too.

There is plenty of information out there to lead you to suspect the moon missions weren't all they were said to be, and there is plenty of evidence to suggest they happened exactly as NASA said.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

Second line...

Well you DID have an idea - before you went back in and edited your OP to correct the misspelling of the word astronauts in your first line (as you originally spelled it; "austronauts". Do you really need this explained to you?

Remember the ATS motto: "Deny Ignorance" (that doesn't mean that you are to deny you were ignorant, by the way. It simply means that we are to attempt to eliminate or prevent ignorance from gaining a voice. You failed.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
simple way I can put it is, its 50% "I believe I am doing the right thing" because I know information at my level that others don't and I've been told its in our best interest ...."told" ....can't question everything or you won't make it far in the chain of command

and 50% these people in charge can take you life or the life of the ones you love, and at the very least put them in jail for who know how long really (its basically 1 man against the entire capabilities and resources of the most powerful 'reach out and touch somebody' country in the world)

might be pushing it, but how it could go down reminds me of the scene in Dark Knight, when the snooty lawyer tries to blackmail Bruce Wayne, and Lucius Fox is like, "let me get this straight you want to blackmail the most powerful man in the world that spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp and you want to blackmail him? Good Luck.
edit on 22-8-2011 by all answers exist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think this video proves that Bart is an annoying fool. Asking Buzz to "swear on the Bible" like that would prove anything. Anyone can lie and lying under oath is just as easy of a lot of people. There is a time and place to ask things and hassling Buzz as he trying to leave a hotel is not it.

Neil Armstrong is a shy unassuming person. The parrot joke was just a joke. Nothing deep and meaningful.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Lindbergh said referring to the coldwar...

"I think my flight to Paris came too soon for the civilizations of the world. They were suddenly thrown together by air travel and they weren't quite ready for it." en.wikipedia.org...

and there are many reasons why Neil Armstrong would not want to do any interviews.
Why would someone lie? Everyone has at least one reason to lie...MONEY.
An enlisted man has two; money and... ORDERS.

I was disappointed Neil Armstrong didn't show up at our event;
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Why would americas most intelligent patriots lie...

Because they are dedicated, honorable servicemen sworn under oath to not discuss or engage in conspiratorial matters that would reflect badly on the agency or themselves.

They (some) are merely trying to uphold that honor. Armstrong is one such individual. Others less so.

Were some of these men not in service of a civilian agency (NASA)?

It still stands that they...at least some....say that they themselves walked on the Moon...If they didn't...they are lying.....and that would reflect badly on the agency or themselves when the truth will come out...and they didn't. If they were part of a cover-up it would reflect better for the agency and themselves if they told the truth.

So, what you are saying is that everything they say is the truth and there is no Apollo conspiracy whatsoever...

edit on 22/8/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Originally posted by zatara

Second line...

Well you DID have an idea - before you went back in and edited your OP to correct the misspelling of the word astronauts in your first line (as you originally spelled it; "austronauts". Do you really need this explained to you?

Remember the ATS motto: "Deny Ignorance" (that doesn't mean that you are to deny you were ignorant, by the way. It simply means that we are to attempt to eliminate or prevent ignorance from gaining a voice. You failed.

read what I wrote after editting....I was just pulling your leg...no reason to become unfriendly.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by zatara

The thing is that the behaviour, body-language is pretty much the same with each of the austronauts when asked to swear on the bible.....they refuse....and get anoyed when asked to explain themselves.

This always bothered me, including the astronaut that joked about having him "whacked" or "waxed". Of course you don't see the entire encounter, just the edited portions.

All of which you can find in the film "astronauts behaving badly" which is a companion piece to "something funny happened on the way to the moon"

Anyways, to play devil's advocate:

Their reaction is that of someone so angry that someone would actually question something as important as their role in the moon missions, that they lose complete control.

the fact that they all do it is interesting, but without unedited film of the entire interview, we really don't know exactly what Bart said to get them going.

and from the smirk on his face while doing it, I'm assuming he was going for that reaction, and got it.

See, for these guys, asking them to swear on the bible is essentially saying "You are a liar and I know it" which, if they are telling the truth, would totally make me angry too.

There is plenty of information out there to lead you to suspect the moon missions weren't all they were said to be, and there is plenty of evidence to suggest they happened exactly as NASA said.

Not to mention that Bart now has an entire following also calling them liars and of course being the type "investigator" that Bart seems to be you can be sure that the astronauts were made well aware that they were being set up and filmed and there was nothing they could do about it.

I feel for the astronauts with idiocy like this which is a cross between McCarthyism and swift boating for Bart's personal fame and fortune.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I don't believe we went to the moon., I think we were in earths orbit but never landed. they probably sat in orbt and faked the rest of the trip. the reason I think this is because the technology at the time(at least what was public) did not seem capable of getting us there. this has nothing to do with rocketry but the materials used to build the craftthe and the space suits for the conditions outside orbit.

also it was very balllllsy of them to televise what could have been a horrible disaster that would have put a black eye on americas reputation. the chance of faliure was enormous., it was a huge gamble OR it was rigged.

But if we did go to the moon. they staged the televised deal to hide technology and et said to go home once they got there.

I think there is truth and lie in what they did and that's why they squirm a bit. although im pretty sure having people question you would get really old. I sure as he'll would not swear just to prove it to some bozzzzzzoo even if they did they would still call them liars.
edit on 22-8-2011 by yaluk because: ..

edit on 22-8-2011 by yaluk because: because droid x changes words for no reason.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyed
I think this video proves that Bart is an annoying fool. Asking Buzz to "swear on the Bible" like that would prove anything. Anyone can lie and lying under oath is just as easy of a lot of people. There is a time and place to ask things and hassling Buzz as he trying to leave a hotel is not it.

Neil Armstrong is a shy unassuming person. The parrot joke was just a joke. Nothing deep and meaningful.

What I do not understand why these astronauts would have this excuse for not swearing on the Bible.

If I walked on the moon I would say.....where do you have this bible.....if it will give you peace in your heart, your live is on hold because of your worries about that question I will help you....no problem.

If I have nothing to hide and I know for myself that telling the truth, why on earth would I make a case of it if he thinks that I am a lier..?

Maybe it is a cultural thing to feel insulted and become pumped-up when asked about your honesty. In my experiance it is people who have something to hide or do not want to tell the truth who become pumped-up and evasive on such questions.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Why? The short answer is they wouldn't, and they aren't.

I'd get tired of yahoos constantly questioning my life's work, too. Imagine being to the moon and having reams of photographs, videos and other accounts to verify your accomplishment, only to have a bunch of people with nothing better to do trying to diminish your accomplishment by claiming against all evidence that it never happened.

There's not one piece of evidence that supports the idea that the Apollo missions were faked. Can't we just grow up and let this go?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

I see that this thread is annoying you...I should have warned that unconditional "Moonlanding Believers" better skip this thread. It is not really meant for people with that conviction.

But I would like to say that there is so very much official Apollo material considered "unclean" that it is impossible to think that every investigator is wrong. Mind you not, educated people with proffesional expertise in the investigated materials have concluded that there are man-made inconsistancies.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The whole moon hoax stupidity is important to me. It allows me to immediatly discern who amoung us is ignorant of grade school math and science, then they are easily dismissed next time they post what I now know to be an opinion from a position of complete ignorance.

There, plain and simple..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
There's not one piece of evidence that supports the idea that the Apollo missions were faked. Can't we just grow up and let this go?

Could you explain what the Apollo 11 crew are doing faking shots of a distant Earth. I'd really like a convincing explanation. And don't tell me they are practising for a telecast.... If they were only practising they wouldn't need the image of Earth!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

"Banned in America". That's from Sibrel's stupid movie.

For some reason the jackass Sibrel didn't show the complete footage. I wonder why. Maybe because it makes it clear that it isn't a "cutout" of Earth.

Original

To answer the OP; why would an astronaut dignify the jackass Sibrel by answering?

edit on 8/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join