It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defenders of the Wild film in the Artic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was just sent this video and was very touched by it. It was made by The Defenders of the Wild in the Artic.

We all know the Big oil companies just want to drill drill drill and it is very obvious they really dont care what they destroy to get what they want. We can't even really fathom the amount of damage that has been caused in the Gulf with their last Oopise.

To know that inventions of free or alternative forms of energy have been invented only to still be suppressed is just insanity at this point in time. Yet, we let it continue.

Yes this video below is really only about the penguins in the Artic, (and a very beautiful video it is), but too me they are still among the innocents that will have no voice in their future.

Are we just going to sit back yet again and say awww thats so sad when there is another disaster? Or can we possilby save one of the last pristine places on Earth?

Sometimes I just feel so helpless... Anyhow, enjoy the video.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Just a question here, but where did they manage to find such a large herd of Penguins in the Arctic? Perhaps the Antarctic?

World Penguin Populations

Antarctica is already protected into perpetuity against Oil drilling by existing treaties?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Penguins in South America, Africa and Australia?

Well you learn something new every day!

Maybe they just like the letter "A".

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
the stupid idiots dont fight for them self's.
they will never save the fish/birds!.
they may make a token gesture.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Thank you for pointing out my slip of which artic the film was referring too. Your link was enlightening as well.

As far as treaties go, they seem to have a habit of being over looked or slip through the cracks when man wants something.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

As far as treaties go, they seem to have a habit of being over looked or slip through the cracks when man wants something.

^^ That is certainly the truth. There was a point in time where drilling in the Arctic sounded great to me....then the BP spill came along. I'm not sure how it can work after seeing not just what can go wrong but how little they care when it does. Thanks for the thread! It is important to keep this discussion alive given the man-made calamities we've seen in just the last couple years.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I agree with you, that this should role for a bit, but sadly, folks don't really get angry until after the fact or the disaster. That is when they start to question about thinking they thought we had a treaty etc. Only to find out it somehow slipped pass with a mere signature one day when no one was paying attention.

Wouldn't be the first time the lobbyist got their way with a few newly greened palms.

top topics

join