It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please. Sell your Gold NOW! It's a trap.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by sbctinfantry

All precious metals that I have were willed/given to me. They are secure and accessible if need be.

I think I'll hang for the next ride.

I do think gold will plummet soon, but when it goes back up over the next ten years, it will double it's worth than current prices.

Edit: And I will bet you dollars to donuts that when the gold bubble bursts...Soros will be there snatching it up.

Gotta let You in on something, Dawg... When You take into account inflation, that "money doubling" is all eaten up.

Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Buy land?
Then they just Take it off you.
and Make you work for them.
on your land!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
CNBC's headline story this morning just after opening was " Is it time to sell gold? Is Gold in a bubble?" or something to that effect.

My first thought, hold the gold (not that I have any). If the media is pushing us to sell, it's time to buy more.

Same thought I had a couple of years ago when the Cash for Gold agenda started to catch on. I have been invited to a couple cash for gold parties, but always declined and told my friends that it was gonna go higher. They looked at me like I was some conspiracy theorist! Guess I showed them, not, they still think it's a bubble and everything is groovy, and were just happy to get $600 to buy a new TV.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My thoughts on the ultimate gold & platinum endgame on my below thread. Quote follows.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Disclaimer: I'm no expert on gold, silver & platinum nor involved in banking or financial planning and a simple barstool conspiracy theorist. I hold no gold, silver nor platinum group commodities. Hi guys, How's that economic recovery that the news has touted for the last year working out? In just one day "mainstream truth" as we know it has suffered a fatal blow. Be sure to ask those deniers around you how the economic recovery that they believed in is working out and remind them to hold on to this day along with all the brainwashing broadcasts they've soaked up the past year on the recovery. Tell them to dare to reflect on it for a whole minute without fiddling with their dumbphone. So what is the plan? Well gold is obviously in the platinum range now. This is a specific turning point, I believe, or a crossroads in the economic system. AN ESCAPE PLAN! Today the game is on equal footing where either us or them can come out on top. He who sells first likely wins. I would no longer hold gold. I believe the marketing machine on gold is about to go nuclear over the next month or two but think about it, WHO IS DOING THE SELLING IF SUPPLY IS NOT MEETING DEMAND? I believe the market makers are going to pump and dump gold now for another 5-15% upwards while dumping into the panicking dollar market -only to slide their gains into platinum just before the mega gold & silver crash. This is just my gut feeling on this as I cannot see any other rationale driving things forward on this course. Let's keep in mind that we have the world's best scam artists running the commodities markets and, no doubt, they will defend & hide their current scheme because they are FULLY EXPOSED to it. Tungsten bars plated in gold are no longer a secret either yet tungsten keeps going up despite a virtual ban on their #1 use -light bulbs (another story altogether). I think that whoever starts selling into this market now is going to ultimately win. If I had reserve gold or cash I would slide it over to platinum right now while I could and before the banks do it. I'm thinking they are well underway if the $1 trillion dollar platinum coin already discussed by the economic committees was a real consideration. If platinum is on par with gold why mention it? Do they $know$ that it is likely to hold value in the future where a gold coin would not? Think about it a minute. The dollar is going to fall further and more people are going to buy gold, no doubt, but don't get too damn greedy or you will surely lose it all like happens every other time. I'd cut my gold in half (at least) and split the other half into a basket of non gold, non silver commodities and platinum. Just a thought. In summary they are likely manipulating you to buy what they are dumping, backing their new profits with platinum group metals and setting the market on fire from a safe distance. Buyer beware.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Gold stocks are worth nothing. Gold in your possession is valuable. I agree sell gold stocks and get rid of them and instead buy physical gold.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What's the easiest way to Short gold?

Can we PUT on it?

Can we use normal excanges or is this the metal exchanges only which most brokers probably dont do.

edit on 22-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Gold stocks are worth nothing. Gold in your possession is valuable. I agree sell gold stocks and get rid of them and instead buy physical gold.

You didn't really bother to use critical thinking, did you?

What is artificially raising the price of gold?

1) Paper Gold being sold off.
2) Inflation

Paper gold gets sold off, price skyrockets because there is theoretically LESS on the market to buy. Supply + Demand.

Then, when the bubble is finally burst, the market tumbles. Your gold is worth less than you bought it for, and guess who's willing to buy it up? The guy that sold all that paper gold.

There's a reason he's holding the real gold, yes. It is worth something. It's only worth something to the people that manipulate its price.

Can you manipulate it? Well then it's not worth much to you, is it?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What is artificially raising the price of gold?

How can you consider inflation ``artificially`` raising the price of gold? Have you filled up your gas tank lately? Or brought some fruit? Inflation seems very real to me, prices are steadily going up in spite of the near-comatose CPI.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My head is going to explode trying to explain why the gold bubble is about to burst, can I try this crowd out and maybe you can critique my methods?

What is artificially inflating the price of gold?

1) Actual inflation is occurring because of paper gold flooding the market, which has been the driving factor behind lowering the price of gold from what it should be. Now most investors are, or have, sold their paper gold, and kept their real gold. Why is this? Once the markets start to realize that the paper gold is worthless, they are hesitant to buy it. The real powerbrokers get out long before the jig is up. Once they are caught, it is too late, and those who didn't get out are left holding the bag. A bag full of paper.

2) The price of gold is a indicator of the real value of the USD. Almost every major commodity is pegged to the dollar. Oil, would be one of the largest. Now that the fake gold is released into the market, there should be a dip in the price of real gold briefly, until people realize it was fiat all along, but because of inflation and the market speculation, the price will continue to rise until the bubble bursts.

What bursts that bubble? The Fed, is my prediction. Once the interest rates are raised to start reigning in that fiat currency, and real dollars start to dissapear. An interesting thing happens.

As the Fed stops loaning, the dollar will not gain strength, because when the banks stop borrowing the exorbitant amounts of money, the markets will crash. Uncertainty will follow like a rabid dog, and the dollar will fall like a brick. So the Fed is only left with this scenario or to kick the can down the road. Both lead to the Dollar declining either through hyperinflation or deflation.

With the real truth of the Fed's loaning practices, as stated in my other threads, of giving out quadrillions between 2007 and 2010 in secret hits the markets, the dollar will lose almost all purchasing power, and no matter who you try to sell gold to, no one will buy. You won't be able to buy bread with it. You won't be able to pay your basic needs with it.

Now that the major players have dumped their paper gold to make the market volatile, they have taken that money and invested it into Agriculture, Natural Resources, Land, Mining Rights, and the likes.

Those commodities will skyrocket, because it will be the only thing that is sellable, buyable, tradeable.

And then guess what they buy up for pennies on the dollar? Gold, Land, Everything. The sheep will be sheared and they will be begging for 1/100th of what they paid per ounce of gold.

It's history
It is what has always happened

It is only valuable if you can manipulate it. It is basically the lining to the shackles of the debt slave, who is so oblivious to reality, that as long as his checking account has a positive number, he believes he is not a debtor, an indentured servant. Even with a mortgage over his head, he believes he is not in debt. Even with a US debt of over $50k per person doesn't seem to matter to average debt slave.

Gold is the money of Kings, Silver of Gentleman, Barter of the Poor, and DEBT is the money of SLAVES.

Please understand that this quote does not mean that poor people can not afford gold, ever.

It means that gold is meaningless to a person who can not manipulate it's value. The same with silver, and the poor at least create something of value.

For the proletariat, there is only debt.

You think you're pretty slick if you understand it, I did once, but we're not. Even if we lived in a matrix, as some people believe. You still die in the matrix when you are shot. In this world, where value is assigned to tangible items that are valueless to God, you can not buy food without them. You can not survive without the chains around your neck. Get a clue, you're a slave.
edit on 2011/8/22 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

You may be right. Speculating is gambling after all.

I just want to use what little I have to purchase arable land, free and clear, with the mineral, water and mining rights attached. It can be done.

And then I would have actual tangible assets.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The dollar will lose almost all purchasing power, and no matter who you try to sell gold to, no one will buy. You won't be able to buy bread with it. You won't be able to pay your basic needs with it.

You make no sense.

Yes the dollar will loose all of its value, that's why people are going to gold and silver. No one is buying gold to sell it for dollars at a later date, that would be stupid. As for gold not being money -- that just isn't true there are many ways to make purchases with gold.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Buy land?
Then they just Take it off you.
and Make you work for them.
on your land!

They can have it after they kill me.

But then again, I've never met They or Them. The land I buy will be rural and of little use to the "PTB" in the long run as I intend to grow and sell organics. Though the Regs and whatnot are a pain to deal with.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
yeah many purchases are made with gold, its just like money

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Yes the dollar will lose all of its value, that's why people are going to gold and silver. No one is buying gold to sell it for dollars at a later date, that would be stupid. As for gold not being money -- that just isn't true there are many ways to make purchases with gold.

People are buying gold and silver right now, because the dollar is losing it's value.

The fallacy is that gold / silver and other precious metals will not lose their value.

The price of gold is high because people want it, to hedge against the dollar decline.

Well, what have I been saying? If you're in gold right now thinking it's worth the buy, get out. Sell it and buy something real, follow the banking cartel and buy something with tangible and historical value.

Do not buy gold at $1,900 an ounce thinking it will hit $5,000 an ounce. It will not. It will crash and you will be lucky to buy a meager meal with it. Remember, gold was $300 an ounce not long ago. The dollar has lost over 90% of it's value since the FED came into existance. That means that your gold isn't worth what you think it is. An ounce of gold will not buy real assets when it crashes. It might buy you groceries, but it cost you two months rent.

Whatever, enjoy the ride, I'm washing my hands of the ignorant who don't bother studying the info I have presented.

I would gladly send you to a peddler of precious metals if it weren't against TOC. So good luck!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

"The price of gold is a indicator of the real value of the USD"
false
"The price of gold is a indicator of the real value of a mans labour"

HERE YE HERE YE

"Here is the gold
for service's bleed.
As promised ,
when the King ,
lost his head,
After taxs, after tax's
after taxs of course,
as Kings, might do.
Leave us something,
a gleening if u wish,
No said the King,
as he reached,
for his dish.
Made from Gold by the way.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

My advice would be to invest in lead, as in ammunition. That will be quite the bartering tool if money and other precious metals are considered worthless.

But I think that there will be some form of currency regardless of the markets.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Buying gold and silver as a hedge, you'd be much better off buying something of usefull value, something that won't deteriorate or overflow the market, the best would be to buy Copper, pluss you can posess copper .....still....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Oh it'll fall some - it's spiked like crazy and there will be profit taking.
I bought at 268 an ounce though, and I'm not selling what I have just yet.
Silver was 4.00 now it is 43.

If it falls back to where it was, I've not lost anything.
I'm poor of cash but I'm still a dragon. I have to have my hoard.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

People are buying gold and silver right now, because the dollar is losing it's value.

Yes. That is what I said.

The fallacy is that gold / silver and other precious metals will not lose their value.

They won't loose value and they never have, throughout the entire history of man precious metals have been used as currency.

If you're in gold right now thinking it's worth the buy, get out. Sell it and buy something real, follow the banking cartel and buy something with tangible and historical value.

Commodities do have historical value.

Whatever, enjoy the ride, I'm washing my hands of the ignorant who don't bother studying the info I have presented.

You haven't really presented anything, just your conspiratorial opinion.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Like hell if I'm selling off my precious metals.

I dumped all of my investments and purchased gold and silver bullions back in 2006 for the purpose of security, not some stupid quick money making scheme.

Our home is paid off, we carry no debts of any kind, and are sitting pretty with a pile of precious metals in our hands... why the hell would we want to exchange the real deal with a bunch of fake paper endorsed by debt accumulation ?!

Yes, the price jumping of gold is a bubble of sorts right now and it will plummet at some point. However, once the dust settles, gold and silver will stabilize and the GDP will eventually establish realistic prices and growth rates in the near future... as was always the case historically when the world utilized the gold standard before this fiat currency crap came along.

The US is desperately trying to cling onto their reserve currency status and are playing the numbers in an attempt to drag out the inevitable, but the rest of the globe is pushing back... the US will not win this fight.

It will, however, be one hell of a long rollercoaster ride before that happens... so buckle in and hang on.

Keep your precious metals, stay the hell out of this get-rich-quick-crap (stock market, risky investments that are backed by nothing, etc.), get out of debt as fast as can, and then sit back and watch the ride of our lives.

Do not fall for the numbers game.

The only security you're going to have in the future will be actual tangible assets, not some piece of paper that represents nothing but a "letter of intent" per se.

R.I.P. fiat international exchange currency, it was fun while it lasted.
Not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join