It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please. Sell your Gold NOW! It's a trap.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Morning, Bob!
Nice poem. just FYI: It's "HEAR ye, HEAR ye", unless you're calling a dog....
and I think you meant "taxES", correct? Sorry, being pedantic this morning.
-------------------------

As for the gold/silver value thingy...historically gold has always held value, mostly for aesthetic purposes. Silver has value for industrial, technological, medicinal, aesthetic, and scientific uses. Silver actually has MORE uses than gold ever could, and there is LESS of it above ground and much of it is simply buried in landfills.

So, to say they are worthless is really untrue. But that's only in terms of PHYSICAL metals. Paper ETFs are a sham. As I understand it, anything going on in the "markets" is all pretend anyway, and there are more "paper" gold ounces than there are physical gold ounces. So the price isn't representative of anything except the imagination.

The prices are manipulated by the markets. But the fact is that when the market crashes altogether, there will still be demand for silver and gold and copper and aluminum...without them, there will be no further mfg of tech or appliances or scientific exploration of alternative energy production (my kid worked in a lab as an engineer using precious metals to design tiny fuel cells. used precious metals EVERY DAY.)

Now, as for having land and resources, I agree that is the way to go...and I wouldn't be worried about "regulations", because I would be growing things simply to put into the cake-holes of myself and my posse.

Either way, when the SHTF, which it appears to be imminently doing based on my research of the banking system imploding day by day...(ha ha ha haha)....the powerful will try to confiscate EVERYTHING. They may be urging people to sell because they want the physical metals rather than "on paper."

Just like when they seized it back in the early part of last century. I personally think we're heading back to a feudal system. Glad I know how to garden.

And while you're reserving your small plot of land, don't forget to buy or collect SEEDS -- even from the produce you are now buying at the market. Save the seeds.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

When gold hits USD 2500 per ounce, shall I come back and remind you of this thread or do you think I am talking through my hat??

I dont see Gold geting more valuable, just more and more dollars getting printed, an economy that is in the worst shape for decades and National debt that is impossible to reduce under present Government fiscal policies. Therefore the dollar price of Gold rises.

Look around the globe, it is pretty much the same story all over Europe and much of the developed world.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Biggest Gold Drop Since December 2008 Sends Metal To... Week Ago Levels

Gold this morning is plunging by the most since December 2008. For those seeking the reason for the sell off, it once again appears that the market is about 24 hours late in processing news that has been out for over a day. One of the main catalysts for today's gold price is the realization that the Shanghai Gold Exchange hiked gold margins by 26%. Of course that this happened not one but two days ago (as we reported) is irrelevant. There are other factors to be sure: on Tuesday holdings of the SPDR Gold Trust , the world's largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund, fell by nearly 25 tonnes, their biggest one-day outflow since Jan. 25. Furthermore, there is another rumor that hedge funds that have been crushed by the market volatility over the past month are shoring cash ahead of Jackson Hole by selling their winners. Either way, at last check gold was down to $1770. This is the price it was on August 16: about a week ago. As for where gold will go next: we suggest investors consider what the options for the world central banking cartel are, and how many of them do not include diluting paper. We are eager to hear the alternatives.

edit on 24-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Oh my god! Gold just dropped to where it was 8 days ago!! Ahhh.... time to buy more!!! WooHoo!

edit on 24-8-2011 by hero_25 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The recent high in Gold was just over the top of the upper channel line on the long term chart. We have already dropped $150+ but a drop of $350 is doable (2008 analog). I realize that it is "different": this time but "past is prologue" with respect to technical analysis. Also the Elliott Wave letter was calling it a W5 blow off. Altho I doubt that (preferring v of 3 as the count) we could certainly pull back to the $1560-70 area....as they "shake the tree."

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by galdur

Sorry about that mis/ignorant info...

I am thinking about what I do know which is how my families CDs are worth about 1% right now, they were at one time about 15%. Sad but true.

Thanks for educating me.
edit on 24-8-2011 by antar because: N

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Bonds trade at price and yield and price move in opposite directions. In a debt driven economy yields must obviously be driven down. Thus the FED actively buys long govt. bonds pressing down their yield which in turn reflects in short bills. It´s a market that is very manipulated and also gigantic so this basic manipulation of debt price and yield affects all other markets in a very big way.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Even I am hesitant to say this is the end. I would see a drop like that as a lot of big names dumping their shares onto the market, dropping physical gold for cash in anticipation for the real drop. I think that they are doing exactly what I have advised, buying things with real value. Land, Energy, Water. For them, seeds are a non-issue. For us, they are very important.

www.google.com...#

As you can see, the price of pure energy is going up, but the price of baskets are going down. This means that the only reason they aren't going down much more is because they contain energy in them.

www.google.com...#

Here's water with nearly all positive results.

www.google.com...#

A lot of private owners for land, but you can also see the trend is going up. Reading the description of some private holdings, you can gather from the other markets they are probably going up at the same rate of better.

edit on 2011/8/24 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Of course the manipulation mainly consists in that the FED sets the guideline for the bond market and the market follows. The FED itself has a relatively small stake in the gigantic bond market. But it´s extremely highly leveraged against its capital. It has bond assets of maybe 3 trillion or so but capital of only 50-60 billion. So, it´s leveraged 50-60 times against its own capital. Which in turn means that a relatively small fall in the price of its portfolio would render it technically insolvent. That´s how far stretched this mess has become. QE3 is impossible, all they can do at this point is sell their shoer bills to buy long bonds.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Thank you for this great thread man.

I have been saying it for a few years now, that gold looks like a bubble ready to pop. And it keeps getting bigger and bigger!

If you look at the charts for the value of gold on the market for the last decade, you will see that it's value consistently rises although the values of other commodities stays fairly consistent aside of natural fluctuations such as oil values.

The gold charts show it going up up and away. That's impossible. What goes up must come down.

You cannot show me a single instance of a commodity surviving inflation like this and continuing to increase in value indefinitely, it's simply not feasible.

It's gonna crash sometime, I don't know when but if you have ever heard of gravity or balance, you should know what is going to happen.

Get out of gold now and get into something stable and increasing in value like pork.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Did you know that the price of pork increased so much this last month that in China the government had to release truckloads of it from their 'national security' reserves of pork?

It's because there are a lot of hungry people who want to buy a nice meal to eat. They always will. So until at least another year or two when efforts to start new farming operations commence and get on track, pork is going to skyrocket in demand as supplies dwindle.

Short time frame on that one though because China is going to increase it's production capacity significantly over the next few years, so we are talking a small window of opportunity. Perhaps within the next 2-3 quarters.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A guy like Soros can divest himself of all his gold he wants and drive the market down. People get scared and sell theirs. Then ol' Georgy-boy can buy it all back and then some at a greatly reduced price.

Not a bubble, it's just playin' the system like the super rich tend to do.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
A guy like Soros can divest himself of all his gold he wants and drive the market down. People get scared and sell theirs. Then ol' Georgy-boy can buy it all back and then some at a greatly reduced price.

Not a bubble, it's just playin' the system like the super rich tend to do.

Peace

seekingalpha.com...

Feed free to check out the Soros "Quantum Fund" top 5 highest yielding stocks.

I'm pretty sure there is something that didn't make that list, like GOLD.

He's dealing in -

Petroleum
Company Restructuring and Leveraged Buyouts
Other Energy
Mortgages
Debt and Equities

So if you really want to follow the big boys, stop listening to them and do your own research. You're about to be left holding the bag.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
So if you really want to follow the big boys, stop listening to them and do your own research. You're about to be left holding the bag.

The only "bag" that people will be left holding is a bag full of useless dollars! I appreciate your concern, but I'll continue to hold my bag of gold which has more then doubled towards the price of worthless dollars since 2008. Now I can sell half of my gold today (and make a small profit) while holding onto the other half of my Gold which I've now paid nothing for! WooHoo!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Op, you still don't understand why people are buying gold.

It isn't an investment to make a profit, it is simply a purchase to protect your wealth in uncertain times. Yes, you shouldn't buy more then you can afford if you are simply trying to make a buck....if you have your bases covered (food, water, land etc) I would recommend buying precious metals / gems.

(and gold would have to drop a ton for me to take a loss, same goes with silver)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Op, you still don't understand why people are buying gold.

It isn't an investment to make a profit, it is simply a purchase to protect your wealth in uncertain times. Yes, you shouldn't buy more then you can afford if you are simply trying to make a buck....if you have your bases covered (food, water, land etc) I would recommend buying precious metals / gems.

(and gold would have to drop a ton for me to take a loss, same goes with silver)

I agree... that's part of the problem with this thread. I myself already own property. I have well over a years worth of food. I have an ecoloblue water system that creates 4.5 gallons of water each day out of the humidity in the air (link below).

ecoloblue.com

Not to mention, I live just outside of Seattle where we get plenty of rain and I have access to lots of water. Plus, I have a major Solar system setup on my house with an 8 battery backup system which pays for ALL of my electricity and I'm now currently averaging about $100 of "credit" each month from the Solar!

Now... all I need is a safe way to protect my wealth. Clearly the dollar is not a safe place. Because the dollar has been going down in Value, Gold has been going up 20-30% each year for the past 11 years.

Question for the OP: For those of us who already have everything else we need (land, food, water and energy). Why shouldn't we want to buy GOLD to protect our wealth?? What do you propose we buy instead?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You are all incredible.

☼ Not once have I said the US dollar is superior to gold in any way.

☼ Owning real assets is superior to gold, like Land, Water, Energy. Once you own those, it doesn't matter what you spend your money on. As a matter of fact, since you guys don't care to do enough research to even READ what I've written, I have some ocean-front property in Arizona I'll sell to you at a steep discout.

☼ If you don't think that golds behavior is a bubble, either based on market manipulation or the fact that even with the dollars behavior a vertical climb is unsustainable and will be corrected.

☼ Of course, if you believe everything you hear from MIDAS, GOLDLINE and other peddlers, as well as the hype in the MSM, I guess you're farther gone than I thought.

Deny Ignorace, or Embrace Ignorance, you decide.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hero_25
Not to mention, I live just outside of Seattle where we get plenty of rain and I have access to lots of water. Plus, I have a major Solar system setup on my house with an 8 battery backup system which pays for ALL of my electricity and I'm now currently averaging about $100 of "credit" each month from the Solar!
---

Question for the OP: For those of us who already have everything else we need (land, food, water and energy). Why shouldn't we want to buy GOLD to protect our wealth?? What do you propose we buy instead?

]

Good luck relying on solar energy in Seattle, I lived there for years in the US military stationed at Ft. Lewis (Now JBLM) and if you're telling me that you're relying on solar energy in that area of the world as a last resort, you're a bigger fool than I could have ever thought.

Also, your question was answered at least five times in the course of this thread, you're just too lazy to even bother reading it before blindly inserting your cut and paste opinion that is coming straight from the mouth of the people who are robbing you daily.

That's fine, let the blind lead the deaf.

If you want a pass this time, check the reply above mine and realize how asinine your question really is because once again, it has already been addressed just like it was before.

Deny Ignorance, Embrace Ignorance, you decide.
edit on 2011/8/24 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Good luck relying on solar energy in Seattle, I lived there for years in the US military stationed at Ft. Lewis (Now JBLM) and if you're telling me that you're relying on solar energy in that area of the world as a last resort, you're a bigger fool than I could have ever thought.

Lol... calm down buddy! I never said that I am "Relying" fully on Solar! But it doesn't hurt that we have great state incentives that are currently paying me 54 cents per kilowatt hour. This is purely a money investment and a hedge against the rise of energy cost. I enjoy not having to pay ANYTHING for electricity! Not to mention... the last statement that I received a few weeks ago showed that I have a $800+ credit! Not only am I not paying for electricity... I AM MAKING MONEY!!! But I guess according to you... I should feel like an idiot.
As someone who has Solar... I can tell you that it's hard to put a value on "guaranteed" electricity! I've had Solar now for almost 2 years and even in the middle of winter it is still producing a great amount of electricity. Besides, I own a Software company and work from home. It's nice to know I'll never lose power!

Also, your question was answered at least five times in the course of this thread, you're just too lazy to even bother reading it before blindly inserting your cut and paste opinion that is coming straight from the mouth of the people who are robbing you daily.

That's fine, let the blind lead the deaf.

If you want a pass this time, check the reply above mine and realize how asinine your question really is because once again, it has already been addressed just like it was before.

Dude... your title to this thread is "Sell your Gold NOW! It's a trap." What did you expect would happen with a thread title like that? It should say "Get out of the Dollar NOW! It's a trap." You've got things A$$ backwards.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hero_25

It sounds like you have all your bases covered, so just sit back and relax, and if you have the disposable income - purchase some gold and silver in the lows and sell some during the peaks.

as to the OP - looking at the replies, if you don't agree with him your ignorant and/or a troll.....and all it appears that OP wants you to sell your gold because in the near future it is going to crash - SO DO IT - CAUSE OP SAYS SO
edit on 24-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join