It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article I working on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
hello everyone here is an article I had worked on for a friends newsletter, she asked me if I could do the article section of different subjects, so I said yes, and I wrote this up. I was wondering if anyone here would want to read it and critique. Please do not critique that what i am writing about isn't real, because I am talking mostly of the culture of the belief systems.

well here is the article

August 21, 2011

Hello readers, I am Lucas, and I will be the one doing this section of the newsletter. This section covers anything from different paths, to mythology, if there is anything you wish for me to talk about, just ask.

Today's reading will be a basic overview of two different paths of magic (or Magick if you prefer). The paths are different in some belief, but by accepting of these different paths, and learning from them, one could learn more about themselves, and gain a better understanding of other peoples. The first path that I will speak about is the most common path, the path of Wicca.

The Wicca is a religion, and path that many of the community follows. The religion came from the Ancient Mystery religions, which meant that one has their own relationship with god, they do not require someone to speak through to their god. The religion is also an initiatory religion, which means that one becomes a member of the religion after they study for a year and a day under a qualified Wiccan priest or priestess. The main thing when one is becoming a Wiccan is self-dedication. During the year and day, the initiate creates a relationship between him or her and the God or Goddess of Wicca, using the Priest or Priestess power to help you. This religion is the most common path that those who follow magick will follow in. On a personal note, some of the nicest people I have met and spoken with were Wiccans, so i hold a huge amount of respect for the culture.

The next path I will speak of is the path of the Shaman. Shamanism consists of helping others through the spirits, and the other worlds that exist that a Shaman, or Shamanka can travel to. They use the knowledge and help they get from the other worlds to heal the sick, or help others with their problems. The Shamans believe that spirit resides in everything in the world, and that one should have open communication with the spirits and otherworldly beings of this world, and the other ones. The other worlds that the Shamans travel to contains everything, such as gods, goddesses, animals, spirits, people, and even other beings that humans do not know of. Though the Shamans believe in helping others, they do believe in sometimes helping themselves, but they do this so they can better help the rest of the society. This path is very great, and personally I thought of being one with this path, I didn't, but I still research this belief system for how much it teaches about oneself.

Shamanism is a belief system that has been involved in almost every culture, except with a few changes. In the Native American culture, certain tribes had beliefs of a type of Shaman called a Skinwalker. The Skinwalker would take on the form of other animals, most commonly a hawk, or coyote. In Asian beliefs, the idea of the Shaman is called a Sage, who is a wise man that heals the sick with his knowledge of the imbalances of the Chi, or energy of the afflicted. I shall talk more of the Sage and Skinwalker another day though.
May you find happiness with your belief system
Lucas conspiracist, alchemist, and member of in the broom closet
edit on 22/8/11 by locololo because: editing

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The introduction is unneeded and redundant. Also, there should be some kind of conclusion at the end. If this will be a reappearing position in the newsletter for you, I suggest ending with a quick overview of the future article.

I think a story, or a anecdote about one of these topics would be a good start.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
yeah i agrea the intro is unimportant maybe provied that at the end or someting...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Correct grammar, puncuation and context is absolutely necessary. Periods, endings, commas, and beginning new sentences with Capital letters are all necessary for a publisher to put out your work.. An editor would not let this pass.

In the context of WHAT you are writing about...that is good! And dont worry....everything needs some polishing!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
thanks for the advice, I will improve this one, and the next one I do will be better, do any of you have suggestions on what I should use for topic?

new topics

top topics

join