It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Sniper Released From Prison After Just 5-Years For Killing Two Marines

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So if you joined not for the money, you can tell payroll to stop sending you pay cheques and hand back any money they have already sent you ok?

You chose to work for the military wing of the government to enforce their will abroad. Doesn't matter what happens, you chose to work for them.

You can always leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay. Many have left.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I can, but how come ATS can't? Just in this thread, Captain Clueless was blaming insurgents killing civilians on the US invasion. "They wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't for the US being there." Gimme a break; that's a lame excuse for a war crime, yet it's ignored and "justified" by the statement, "Well, he wouldn't be doing it if the US wasn't there!"
reply to post by jerico65

Still doing your freestyle interpretations?

That is not what I said.

I was talking about the OP, and that the sniper was no less a soldier than the guys that he killed, then the other poster irrelevantly added that different groups were killing innocent people.

I never said that they had the right, just pointed out that this was obviously going to happen if you invade a country that has always had opposing groups, and remove the power balance.

It is not relevant to the discussion of the OP.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Victor03
reply to post by earthdude

Im a US Marine. If they caught this guy there is a 99.9% chance he did what he did which is kill 2 of my brothers that i never got to meet. Its real easy to sit at a computer and consider yourself superior to two dead men and say "they invaded a country they get what they deserve". Or "the poor terrorist is really just defending his country". ##SNIP## You dont know that he was part of the syrian/iranian/baathist terrorist groups that murdered more Iraqis than they did US military personnel. Being that this guy was sniping he very possibly may have had formal training from the iranians or syrians. Real sniping isnt the same as when you sit your ass in a chair and play sniper on the xbox. Iran and syria were giving crash courses on how to shoot, stalk, make ieds, gather intel, ect and PAYING these folks to go out and kill. THAT MAKES HIM A MERCENARY NOT A POOR IRAQI FIGHTING OFF THE INVADERS!!!!!! I had buddies get shot up in fallujah and few more gone from ieds one being family. Anyone marginalizing these two Marines deaths and showing any type of support for the terrorist that killed them I have something to say to you. Go look in the mirror and tell yourself you will never be the type of person that Captain McKenna or Cpl. Glover was, you will never be that good. Shame on every damn one of you talking like that. Semper fi.

good reply

its really sad when a thread like this takes off with people bashing me the OP because they think these marines deserved to die for doing their job and putting their life on the line for us and Iraqi citizens. it makes no difference if you think TPTB are just using them and that our armed forces are just dumb foot soldiers marching on propaganda.
where were you when we started sending these boys to war where were you when these men got STOP LOSS'd send back for 2nd and third terms they did not sign up for.

these were American BOYS who died for a noble cause. maybe they were lied to and yes maybe they were invading country all i can say is i have more respect for them than most in this thread. at least they got up and DID something with their lives.

I made a thread about 2 young men and soldiers who lost their lives in war. one man was down and the other was trying to help...

this was not a thread about an American helicopter firing at some innocent reporters then laughing as they fired on the van that was trying to help them or some such story..

war is hell for both sides... how dare any of you assume that I support the terror or war that is going on today. killing of anyone this way is a crime terrorist or not.
in the same breath you justify the killing of your own countrymen and protectors.Really?

just to be clear you are a terrorist in my eyes when you kill one man as bait to kill others who come to his aid.., yes this has happened before and it IS a war crime this sniper just like any US soldier should be locked up for doing the same.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
It's horrible that those young men were killed, but it's war. American soldiers are not being imprisoned for killing Iraqis.

ETA: Though I have to say, I think the second killing of the soldier rescuing his buddy may have been a war crime, but I'm not expert.
edit on 22-8-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

its a war crime to shoot a medic. medics are usually clearly marked as medics by wearing red crosses.

but america abandoned the laws of war a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

the USA has been sending those who join the Marines off to kill and be killed from before I was born, a long time ago.

I never wanted to kill people so I did not get a job with the Marines. Did not want to be sent to foreign soil where their citizens may kill me, either.

we reap as we sow.

author Dalton Trumbo's graphic war novel 'Johnny Got His Gun' was first printed in 1938. buy a dozen copies, and give one to every young person you meet or know that thinks joining the US Armed Forces is the way to go. maybe they won't choose to be a big bad 'war hero' but they also may live a nice long life and be able to sleep at night.

Very few sons and daughters of senators, congressmen and our nations well-to-do families join the Armed Forces and go get killed on foreign soil. Learn from this.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Also, in regards to countries other than Iraq, these same terror groups are killing their own people everyday, but you seem to ignore that. How ignorant.

Yeah, but some groups were siding with the US and some weren't.

This is standard, introductory politics here. You invade a country, there are people of that country that will or will not support the invasion.

Now you have created enemies within the population.

Traitors to their countries or trying to bring democracy?

Trying to rationalize war is mental masturbation. There are winners and losers and it's better to be on the side that wins. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

That's what happens when you invade a country, people fight back. I mean compare the atrocities American soldiers have committed upon the Iraqis to vice versa. The numbers themselves should tell you who is wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

add Israel to that list. Agreed.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
He's a soldier!

God!

Line three!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

So what a cop got 2 years for shooting an unarmed man in the back so what's difference

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Its rather silly the guy spent time in prison in the first place. He should have been killed on site or allowed to go free, one of the two. Thats how war works

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Well Will, good read.......but i would love to see all the cases/incidents that the invading soldiers did to INNOCENT people.

Either way you people say war is war......but thats bull# when you illegally invade a country going off very poorly done intel........."where are the wmd's again"

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Juba the sniper is IDF false flag op killing our boys in Greenzone.

vimeo.com... Uncensored Graphic Snuff

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
this news leaves me speechless, I am furious why was this sniper let go from prison? it makes me wonder why were these soldiers even there if we are just letting terrorist snipers back out into the fight?

Shortly before the fifth anniversary of their sons death, the parents of Captain John McKenna and Lance Corporal Michael Glover found the man who killed their sons was released from an Iraqi prison.

According to The Daily News, Muhammad Awwad Ahmad was paroled in November of last year after Iraqi officials promised he'd never be freed before American troops withdrew from Iraq.

The U.S. military was assured the sniper would see "proper justice" after the 2006 killings when he shot Glover as the Marine crossed a Fallujah street and then shot McKenna as he pulled Glover to safety.Source

I hope something gets done about this. what can we do? write letters organize protests ?
that's unlikely as we are all over here living/working trying to pay our Gov. for our freedom while our youngest adults go to fight and die for what>? to use our money to go make more war?

So, Americans can kill innocent people in the eastern wars, yet when a Iraqi takes out 2 marines it's a "shame" when he is released after 5 years of jail?

Sorry but morons like you PISS me off! NOBODY has the RIGHT to take a life! WARS are being 'justified' with stupid reasons, but that does not justify KILLING people! Who are WE to say what other countries need to do?

We are on the edge of another freaking crisis, yet we start a WAR we cannot even afford! Yes we are the PERFECT people to lead and tell 'other' countries what to do!

Come on open those hammered shut eye's already and see the meaningless wars we are making where! We are not bettering this planet we are messing it up even harder. Violence is always MEANINGLESS! Hurting someone is easy, killing is to! But helping people takes a real man/woman! A 7 year old kid can pull a trigger, that is not the hard part.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Im so happy we are over there fighting to give these people the freedom to deny education to females..

Just warms my heart.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

As hard as it is for me to both say this and swallow the reality of the situation; I'm not sure I am against this depending on the man himself. If he is in fact one of the "freedom fighters," meaning an individual who engaged our forces for no other reason than protecting his homeland; let him free. My stance would change drastically if he were an Iranian, Syrian, Saudi, Pakistani or Afghan "holy warrior."

In the entire clusterscrew that is and was Iraq, we engaged multiple groups of people. Not everyone was attacking the coalition forces under a single united banner. In many cases we actually sat down and reached cease-fire agreements with local neighborhood militias due to our mutual disgust and hatred of the fundamentalist, murderous, zealot b-holes that were terrorizing the local populace.

No disrespect intended for these Marines, their brothers in arms or their families. Had I given all in Iraq, I would not hold a grudge against a single one of the "freedom fighters," as most were actually good men. Imagine our corrupt politicians finally being denounced by an imaginary, more powerful military force. Now imagine that force decides to take it upon itself to rid our country of said officials. Even if the invading/occupying military's intentions are good, would they not be fair game for you and your neighbors to engage? Once you saw the inevitable civilian casualties that come along with ANY armed conflict, would you not pick up a rifle yourself and fight back?

The situation in Iraq is anything but black and white. I do not know the Iraqi shooter that has been released, nor do I know his intentions and or affiliations. I find it hard to pass judgement on the man given the circumstances. Then again, why does the opinion of a man who has been there and lived it matter in comparison to those who sit at home and send us there?
edit on 23-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

While it is sad that these two young lives were taken,they were in a combat situation and were killed by an enemy combatant,label him a terrorist or an insurgent or whatever,he was fighting his enemy and to me that would make him a prisoner of war,maybe this is not going to be a popular opinion,but i've served in combat zones and you can't expect it to be all hearts and flowers.
Again,I feel it a waste that those young lives were lost in this fashion,but perhaps those that put them in harms way should shoulder some of the responsibility?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Here is what we can do. GET THE FUDGE OUT OF THEIR COUNTRY AND QUIT RAPING THEIR WOMEN!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victor03

ha! Keep it up. I joined before there was any war and before 9/11. that stuff came about during my enlistment. I did not CHOOSE for that stuff to heppen. I did not join for money that is absolutely ridiculous because i did not make any money. The military is not a money making scheme. I joined when Clinton was president why was he unconstitutional?

But wait I thought you said you were paid, and I’m sure someone as smart as you took advantage of the collage benefits handed out at the time. As for Clinton being unconstitutional, how’s the ’93 assult weapons ban work for you.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Eh, not surprising...

Eco-terrorists get a much more severe punishment than actual terrorists...

Teh law is screwed...

Teh world is screwed...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join