It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Sniper Released From Prison After Just 5-Years For Killing Two Marines

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I suppose there is a difference between bombing a market full of people with a car bomb etc and dropping a from plane into a crowned city/street MULTIPLE times in a few hours. hm?

PS. I am not saying it's ok with what is happening around the world both sickens me.
edit on 22/8/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban
No, I think that is an interpretation that was erronously made by your mind, actually.

I was saying that this was a result of the chaos caused by the American invasion, actually.

Right. So you're saying that because of the chaos caused by the Amercian invasion, it's OK for insurgents to kill civilians.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by JennaDarling
Draftees don't get a pension or beneifts as those who SIGNED UP do, go as WW2 veterans in the UK.

If a draftee decides to make the military a career he does. The last US Army draftee from Vietnam just retired this year.

Someone that gets drafted for four years (for example), isn't going to get a pension. Would you give a retirement pension to someone that worked in your business for only four years?

If he is wounded, tho, he does get medical care, etc. Whatever that might be worth nowdays.

Worked? He didn't chose to work, he was enslaved in via yet another terminology game
Slavery = Conscription / Drafting

The reason the US doesn't use a draft is because there would be a backlash for 2 reasons, vietnam history, and more important to them, public refusal, objectors are in the majority now.

Glad you accepted that the Military WORKING in Iraq are doing it as a job, not any other reason, just to be PAID, for WORK.

Same thing mercs do, they do a JOB for MONEY, to be PAID.

Blackwater comes to mind, also hired by the government.

Merc and solider are very intertangled, infact the definition is pretty much the same nowdays.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
dlb post.

edit on 22-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
I suppose there is a difference between bombing a market full of people with a car bomb etc and dropping a from plane into a crowned city/street MULTIPLE times in a few hours. hm?

Hmmm.....let's see. Insurgent blows a car bomb in a crowded market place and kills civilians (supposedly the people he's fighting to free from the horrible US. )

US forces drop a bomb in a town and kill civilians because the insurgent decided to hide in the civilian population, using them as human shields.

Tricky.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Your the naive one for making a remark that is your opinion, obviously believing it to be true.
Whether it happened before or after, nothing is wrong with sacrificing your children before yourself? Be brave and fight back, I understand the mentality behind that, but to put your children first is the right thing to do?

Also, in regards to countries other than Iraq, these same terror groups are killing their own people everyday, but you seem to ignore that. How ignorant.

And no, you just shoot everything in sight from a Bradley as you enter hostile towns, saw the gunner say he lost count, was talking about 600 plus.

Wheres the proof of this statement?

Invading Iraq, like I stated didn't really agree with but something good may come out of it one day if peace ensues for it's people. As for Afghanistan and fighting the enemy that struck my country and continues to kill it's own people every day and spread evil throughout the world, I will glady put my life on the line to help erase that evil from this Earth. I believe in peace one day on this Earth for all of mankind, and to attack and get rid of the evil that struck my country and many others, that kills its own because of their differences or just to make the news and be recognized, I will gladly die for that cause.

"I hope I die for a principle, or a belief that I had lived for" - Tupac

I'd rather die for something I believe in then die for nothing at all.

Like I said before, you are an internet coward who would probably never have enough courage to die for your country no matter what the cause. It's good you love your loved ones as everyone does, it takes more courage to fight for something bigger.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

Hmmm.....let's see. Insurgent blows a car bomb in a crowded market place and kills civilians (supposedly the people he's fighting to free from the horrible US. )

US forces drop a bomb in a town and kill civilians because the insurgent decided to hide in the civilian population, using them as human shields.

Tricky.

Yet they bombed the civilians anyway and made up some excuse to justify it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Exactly. that's what im getting at jenna, they always have a reason to make killing ok

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The reason the US doesn't use a draft is because there would be a backlash for 2 reasons, vietnam history, and more important to them, public refusal, objectors are in the majority now.

Objectors are in the majority? Source, please

Glad you accepted that the Military WORKING in Iraq are doing it as a job, not any other reason, just to be PAID, for WORK.

I did? Hmmm.....don't recall saying those words. But, someone joins the military, do you figure they are going to do it for free?

Merc and solider are very intertangled, infact the definition is pretty much the same nowdays.

No, they aren't, and like others on ATS, you need to do some research.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Draftees get paid, too. Research: It's not just for breakfast anymore.
reply to post by jerico65

Did I say they didn´t?

The point is that draftees are forced to fight, while the American forces are fighting voluntarily, and it´s their occupation.

The are nothing more than mercenaries. Period. You say do a little research, I say grow a brain.

Wow, nice deflection.

Ehm, I clearly did not post a fact, I started with I think, and I said I have no direct proof.

Since you seemed so sure that I was wrong, I figured you would have some proof that I was wrong.

I don´t know what I should be deflecting.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Go onto the street and ask the population.

There is your source.

Somebody joins the military, they don't do it for the pancakes and marshmallows or a camping trip.

They got here to act hard and kill or blind patriotism. Pick one, they are all mental illnesses.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yet they bombed the civilians anyway and made up some excuse to justify it.

As I said, tricky, huh?

So it's wrong to have dropped that bomb. What about the insurgent that blew up the civilians? Was he freeing his oppressed brothers and sisters by killing them?

How do you go about justifying that?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Not tricky at all.

Both are wrong,

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Can you not see that?

It is clear as day.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Go onto the street and ask the population.

There is your source.

So you don't have a good source for your statement that objectors to the draft are now in the majority. Feel free to go back and retract your statement, then. Mainly because it's not a fact, but an opinion.

Somebody joins the military, they don't do it for the pancakes and marshmallows or a camping trip.

They got here to act hard and kill or blind patriotism. Pick one, they are all mental illnesses.

Right. Lemme guess: Never been in the military, right? Yet you're running your suck like you actually have a clue. Funny.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban
No, I think that is an interpretation that was erronously made by your mind, actually.

I was saying that this was a result of the chaos caused by the American invasion, actually.

Right. So you're saying that because of the chaos caused by the Amercian invasion, it's OK for insurgents to kill civilians.

You are free to interprete my post as you seem fit, since that´s what you seem to be doing anyways.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I would think the public is a good source.

We have national service in countries all over Europe but you don't see those people gagging for war.

America, no national service, yet the most militarly active country in the world.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What was this thread about again? Oh yeah....

2 U.S. Marines got out gunned by a crafty Iraqi insurgent sniper.

The sniper got processed by the U.S. Sponsored Iraqi Justice System, was found guilty, and served his time in prison, and was then released to freedom.

The irony? THIS IS EXACTLY THE OUTCOME THAT THOSE U.S. MARINES DIED PROTECTING, YET MARINES ARE BITCHING ABOUT IT.

You wanted democracy? You got democracy. IRAQ: Love it or leave it.

edit on 8/22/2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Not tricky at all.

Both are wrong,

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Can you not see that?

It is clear as day.

I can, but how come ATS can't? Just in this thread, Captain Clueless was blaming insurgents killing civilians on the US invasion. "They wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't for the US being there." Gimme a break; that's a lame excuse for a war crime, yet it's ignored and "justified" by the statement, "Well, he wouldn't be doing it if the US wasn't there!"

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Did "liberating" Iraq / Afghanistan help the people more or did it help American enterprises more?

The brutal life Americans claim the Iraq and Afghanistan people had, is still there, in fact it is probably WORSE. The only difference is, the people doing it, now it is mostly the Americans.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

ha! Keep it up. I joined before there was any war and before 9/11. that stuff came about during my enlistment. I did not CHOOSE for that stuff to heppen. I did not join for money that is absolutely ridiculous because i did not make any money. The military is not a money making scheme. I joined when Clinton was president why was he unconstitutional?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join