It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Sniper Released From Prison After Just 5-Years For Killing Two Marines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Again, why are we in iraq? Weapons of mass destruction and saddam wasn't it? No weapons and saddam is gone and what was the other reasons? Oh, they just keep on coming.

We don't need to be there so serving the country is well off the list. IMO.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FPB214

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban
reply to post by Victor03

You dont know # you smug assholes. You dont know that he was part of the syrian/iranian/baathist terrorist groups that murdered more Iraqis than they did US military personnel. Being that this guy was sniping he very possibly may have had formal training from the iranians or syrians. Real sniping isnt the same as when you sit your ass in a chair and play sniper on the xbox. Iran and syria were giving crash courses on how to shoot, stalk, make ieds, gather intel, ect and PAYING these folks to go out and kill. THAT MAKES HIM A MERCENARY NOT A POOR IRAQI FIGHTING OFF THE INVADERS!!!!!!

And what are you tough guy?

You are nothing more than a mercenary working for the US terror squad. Did you kill your enemies? Some civilians perhaps, collateral damage?

Than you are no better, don´t kid yourself with your false sense of rightiousness.. You should be in jail too then.

It´s ridiculous to think that you guys have some sort of moral superiority or a better justification for your actions, as opposed to the people you were fighting.

I think Americans killed more innocent Iraqi civilians than any other group did.

Who is a smug a hole exactly?

Sure civilians die during war. Death is apart of war. But who the hell are you to claim the U.S is a "terror squad?" Im not debating on whether the shooter should be punished or freed, I have mixed emotions. Show me the proof that Americans killed more innocent's than the terrorist groups. Sure some were tense and scared and innocents get killed, mainly by mistake. Yet, here's these different terror organizations killing their own damn people every single day deliberately, it happened then and it's happening now. Still America is the biggest terrorist of them all right? Considering we strap bombs to our children because we are afraid to fight back ourselves, that's America right?

Fact is, any man who serves his country, no matter where he is located in the world deserves more respect and appreciation then you cowards who would never be brave enough to put your own life on the line for your country. You just sit behind a computer screen and criticize.
edit on 22-8-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

Death is a part of war... Good glad we agree..

Now quit your crying when Americans die in WAR.

What america needs to waken up the public is another Vietnam, infact, BIGGER.

edit on 22-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

And what are you tough guy?

You are nothing more than a mercenary working for the US terror squad. Did you kill your enemies? Some civilians perhaps, collateral damage?

Ah, sorry, Gus. Have you actually taken the time to look up the meaning of "Mercenery"? You'll find that the US Marine Corps isn't a "mercenary army" and neither are any of the US Armed Forces. Try again.

I think Americans killed more innocent Iraqi civilians than any other group did.

Got any proof to back that BS statement up?

Who is a smug a hole exactly?

Well, I'm not smug, but I'm pretty arrogant. You would be, too, if you were me.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

What I think is really funny is that on wonderful ATS (Deny ignorance!), it's quite alright if US Troops are killed, Hey, it's just war.

But, if an insurgent gets killed, suddenly, it's "War crime! The US is killing innocent civilians!"

Whatever.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Sure civilians die during war. Death is apart of war. But who the hell are you to claim the U.S is a "terror squad?
reply to post by FPB214

A realist.

Yet, here's these different terror organizations killing their own damn people every single day deliberately, it happened then and it's happening now. Still America is the biggest terrorist of them all right? Considering we strap bombs to our children because we are afraid to fight back ourselves, that's America right?

And was this started before or after america invaded Iraq?

And no, you just shoot everything in sight from a Bradley as you enter hostile towns, saw the gunner say he lost count, was talking about 600 plus.

I´m sure this was just incidental.....

Fact is, any man who serves his country, no matter where he is located in the world deserves more respect and appreciation then you cowards who would never be brave enough to put your own life on the line for your country. You just sit behind a computer screen and criticize.

Life for your country? Ah, so naive. They died for money and greed, not for protecting your country.

I would put my life on the line for my family, friends, or for whatever is right.

Not for some imperialistic war.

Btw, I didn´t critisize, I merely said that the Iraqi guy is not morally inferior or less justified than you are.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

What I think is really funny is that on wonderful ATS (Deny ignorance!), it's quite alright if US Troops are killed, Hey, it's just war.

But, if an insurgent gets killed, suddenly, it's "War crime! The US is killing innocent civilians!"

Whatever.

I see the opposite actually, if an American is kill it is "poor wee innocent kids", but if an Iraqi is killed "terrorists, they deserved it!.

NATO does commit warcrimes, bombing of civilians in Libya but they get away with it. If an Iraqi commits war crimes, they are hung (Saddam) after a kangaroo court.

The trick here is use of terminology,

Middle East = West
Insurgent / terrorist == Freedom fighter / resistance

Just like Bush's administration using terminology (read 1984 on heavy use of opposites).
Bombing == Kinetic Event.
Invasion / Occupation = Liberation

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

And was this started before or after america invaded Iraq?

So, according to your statement, it's OK for Iraqi terrorists to blow up a crowded marketplace and kill women and children (which they have done). I mean, since the US invaded Iraq, it's OK?

I would put my life on the line for my family, friends, or for whatever is right.

Not for some imperialistic war.

I've read that quite a few times on ATS and doubted it every time. Sorry, Gus.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Ah, sorry, Gus. Have you actually taken the time to look up the meaning of "Mercenery"? You'll find that the US Marine Corps isn't a "mercenary army" and neither are any of the US Armed Forces. Try again.
reply to post by jerico65

They are fighting for a wage, and are not drafted, are they?

Seems they are hired by the State to fight for them.

I think it is clear to most that there is really not that much difference, bub.

Got any proof to back that BS statement up?

Not at hand, no, do you have proof that would show me my error?

Well, I'm not smug, but I'm pretty arrogant. You would be, too, if you were me.

Very nteresting no doubt, but I wasn´t talking to you, was I?

link   

Originally posted by David291
Ignorent fool, not once was it said that it's ok when a us soldier dies it's ok. It's not ok when ANYONE dies. got that? ANYONE.

I made what is called a "Broad general statement". Sorry if it got your panties in a bunch.

"Ignorant fool"? You may want to review the terms of ATS and jiggycheck the name calling, before you get slapped down.

link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Exactly.

To be honest, I find it quite funny how they brand it terrorism/terrorists.

"ter·ror·ism/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Noun: The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. " for those that do not know.

Aren't our wars political based too? Infact, we do more damage to the civilian base than any terrorist could dream of.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriendlyGopher

Hello there Mr Mercenary, as patriotism is not really a valid reason to invade a country like Iraq you yourself can be classified as one. Anyways lets not dwell on salaries and other lucrative spoils of war.

If you say that syrian/iranian/baathist are training the Iraqis what is different to the US intel training Bin Laden back in the day? Kinda backfired didn't it ? Maybe this will be the same for the "islamists" although I am sure that the Arabian Spring produced some mighty fine "leaders" as well that will be another problem in the next 20 years. So although I don't believe that there is some state organized terrorist training given in Iraq it might be possible some individual groups of people payed by various corporations/groups. Even likely I would say.

btw you make it look as if making an IED requires special training, I think episodes of macgyver is enough to make them

Anyways I don't know the exact circumstances but I think it's hard convicting people to maximum prison sentences in a time of war. In an ideal world every fighting party would go to a re-education camp or whatever to teach them to love people instead of kill them for corporate interests.

And good luck with the nightmares if you were in the theater of war, not my cup of tea I'd rather get hemorrhoids sitting behind my computer playing my X-box games. Call of duty is one of my favorites

We are no mercenaries and there are no spoils of war. I dont have nightmares and never have. What do you know of patriotism? It still exixts and i feel it every time someone insults my coutry or Marine Corps. Sure innocent people die in wars..you folks are so focused on how many innocnt people have died at the hands of americans...look up the books written by service members. Read them and youll see that even alot of those deaths are caused by the jihadis or mujhadeen.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Victor03

Originally posted by FriendlyGopher

Hello there Mr Mercenary, as patriotism is not really a valid reason to invade a country like Iraq you yourself can be classified as one. Anyways lets not dwell on salaries and other lucrative spoils of war.

If you say that syrian/iranian/baathist are training the Iraqis what is different to the US intel training Bin Laden back in the day? Kinda backfired didn't it ? Maybe this will be the same for the "islamists" although I am sure that the Arabian Spring produced some mighty fine "leaders" as well that will be another problem in the next 20 years. So although I don't believe that there is some state organized terrorist training given in Iraq it might be possible some individual groups of people payed by various corporations/groups. Even likely I would say.

btw you make it look as if making an IED requires special training, I think episodes of macgyver is enough to make them

Anyways I don't know the exact circumstances but I think it's hard convicting people to maximum prison sentences in a time of war. In an ideal world every fighting party would go to a re-education camp or whatever to teach them to love people instead of kill them for corporate interests.

And good luck with the nightmares if you were in the theater of war, not my cup of tea I'd rather get hemorrhoids sitting behind my computer playing my X-box games. Call of duty is one of my favorites

We are no mercenaries and there are no spoils of war. I dont have nightmares and never have. What do you know of patriotism? It still exixts and i feel it every time someone insults my coutry or Marine Corps. Sure innocent people die in wars..you folks are so focused on how many innocnt people have died at the hands of americans...look up the books written by service members. Read them and youll see that even alot of those deaths are caused by the jihadis or mujhadeen.

What do you know of patriotism. Isnt patriotism about standing up and upholding the constitution? Even in them ilitary? You are fighting an unconstitutional war with an unconstitutional president?

Also nobody FORCED you to go to war, you signed up to the military YOURSELF, you where not conscripted.

You CHOSE to go to war, for MONEY, your pay.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

They are fighting for a wage, and are not drafted, are they?

Draftees get paid, too. Research: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Seems they are hired by the State to fight for them.

I think it is clear to most that there is really not that much difference, bub.

Once again, a little research in the difference between an Army and Mercenaries will clear this all up; if you want, keep right on skylining yourself as someone without a clue. Doesn't matter to me.

Not at hand, no, do you have proof that would show me my error?

Wow, nice deflection.

Very nteresting no doubt, but I wasn´t talking to you, was I?

Shucks, last time I checked, this was a public forum.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe you should go uphold the constitution in your own country before you go else where ...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Draftees don't get a pension or beneifts as those who SIGNED UP do, go ask WW2 veterans in the UK.

Blackwater or whatever name they use now, is mercs. Hired out of the military, again just more paid work as they did before, just more corrupt.

It is a private forum (requires signing up), it also is a forum that you cried about people being armchair warriors on, who is the armchair warrior now?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

So, according to your statement, it's OK for Iraqi terrorists to blow up a crowded marketplace and kill women and children (which they have done). I mean, since the US invaded Iraq, it's OK?
reply to post by jerico65

No, I think that is an interpretation that was erronously made by your mind, actually.

I was saying that this was a result of the chaos caused by the American invasion, actually.

I've read that quite a few times on ATS and doubted it every time. Sorry, Gus.

Luckily, there is no added value for me, in me convincing you. I´ll let you revel in the knowledge that you are one brave hero, and that others aren´t.
edit on 22-8-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

i think its been standard battle practice nice nam to shoot to wound and then take out the buddys that try to help him so pretty sure its not a war crime but if it was a unarmed corpsman or meddic with a visible red cross band i think that is what is the factor in calling it a war crime but im going off ww2 knowlege for that statement

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Draftees don't get a pension or beneifts as those who SIGNED UP do, go as WW2 veterans in the UK.

If a draftee decides to make the military a career he does. The last US Army draftee from Vietnam just retired this year.

Someone that gets drafted for four years (for example), isn't going to get a pension. Would you give a retirement pension to someone that worked in your business for only four years?

If he is wounded, tho, he does get medical care, etc. Whatever that might be worth nowdays.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join