It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Democratic Straw Poll Results!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If ATS had a poll on best female actress with a write in option, Ron Paul would win here.

Chuck Norris made me laugh though, good one.
I am suprised nobody wrote in Oprah.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
Ron Paul had the most "other" votes for the Democratic Straw Poll, epic.

I find that more than amazing also. I think it is an argument for a voter literacy test in fact.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I love it - looks like Ron Paul came in second. It would be nice to see the numbers.

I missed the vote - but it would have been for Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
18% of people have not been keeping up to date on current events I assume

In the who voted for which person based on these criterias can we also have a "Do you keep up to date on current events?" question as well?
I think it might prove to be quite interesting.

Also it's sad that so many voted for social policy as a strong motive
shouldn't "this is how you should... no this is how you MUST act" be frowned upon to pushed on to you by authorities?

You are all grown adults, why do you feel that you need big Govt. to parent you as a society?
I am specifically talking about Big Govt. here not law enforcement, thought I should mention that

I feel a new thread in the Social Issues section coming up

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi?/
Ok, who are the jokers that voted for her?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
I love it - looks like Ron Paul came in second. It would be nice to see the numbers.

I missed the vote - but it would have been for Ron Paul

Ummmm...no...you might want to re-run those numbers.

Hell...I'll do it for you.

Ron Paul got 24.8% of the 22.1% "Other" vote...out of the 11,465 participants...that is a total of around 628 votes.

If you put him with the other candidates, he finished 4th.

To put it in perspective...here are the total votes...which this should of been done with the results.

Kucinich - 3118 votes (27.2%)
Clinton - 2201 votes (19.2%)
Obama - 1811 votes (15.8%)
Paul - 628 votes (5.4808%)
Sanders - 606 votes (5.2819%)
Dean - 424 votes (3.7%)
Lieberman - 345 votes (3.0056%)
Sharpton - 344 votes (3%)
Bloomberg - 314 votes (2.7404%)
Feingold - 264 votes (2.3%)
Trump - 243 votes (2.1216%)
Gavel - 186 votes (1.62%)
Pelosi - 179 votes (1.56%)
Reid - 163 votes (1.42%)
Levin - 138 votes (1.2%)
Ventura - 127 votes (1.105%)
Nader - 87 votes (0.76245%)
Stewart - 80 votes (0.69394%)
Durbin - 70 votes (0.61%)
Colbert - 66 votes (0.57239%)
Schummer - 62 votes (0.54%)
Gore - 19 votes (0.16354%)
McKinny - 16 votes (0.13702%)
Norris - 6 votes (0.05525%)
Taylor - 5 votes (0.03978%)

So no...Ron Paul did not come in second...Obama actually beat him easily.

Paul doesn't look like he did so good once you get past the misleading percentages in the OP and see that he only got 5.4% of the vote.
edit on 22-8-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I feel a new thread in the Social Issues section coming up

Hey I was right
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Defend yourselves!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ha Ha nice to see Ron Paul make such a good showing for other. No other republican can get that kind of cross over vote which is why I keep telling republicans if they want a real shot at beating obama Ron Paul is thier only hope. Problem is they don;t see Ron Paul as neocon republican like they are. Still whit his appeal to dissected Democrats and independents he is the only one who can beat Obama the other are seen for the hacks they are... But I fear most neocon repubs are too stupid to realize that.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
shouldn't "this is how you should... no this is how you MUST act" be frowned upon to pushed on to you by authorities?

Gotta say, look at the source. Social policy is a key issue for the left. While the right leans towards over-macromanagement of society (broad laws that retsrict wide range activities such as abortion, morality, and drugs) the left leans towards over-micromanagement (legislating against individuals in regards to beliefs, opinions, habits, activities, behavior, etc.)

In reality, neither is exactly "freedom", but I do believe that the shift by the left towards advocacy of more personally restrictive laws/taxes has pushed the libertarian ideology more into the realm of core conservative beliefs and less into the modern liberal's wheelhouse. That's largely the reason I find it very believable that some registered democrats could easily justify voting for Ron Paul over some of the higher profile "liberals" who seem intent on remolding society to fit their narrow view of acceptible rather than holding the more open, accomodating stance of past democrats.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Dennis Kucinich wining this poll is great! I see this as most people rejecting the fascists who pose as both "liberal." and "conservative." I know no one in the democratic party will step up because if they do they will be hounded by the shrill cries of "racism." I can only hope that it comes down to Ron Paul vs.Obama.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We need campaign finance reform(not likely). American politics are corrupt to the core. Republican or Democrat makes no difference. If the money is not addressed then nothing will change on a meaningful level. I am looking forward to Stephen Colbert's SuperPAC throwing a monkey wrench into the election machine!
In the ethos of the Dadaist mocking our absurd "You Have a Choice" theater.

Will unemployment drive us into the streets?? Will the oligarchs come up with a new bubble for us play with??

I'll stay tuned in...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I think we need no campaign financing.

If we went to a system that did the following:

1) first-time candidates have a cap on their fund-raising limited to a function of the number of people they'll represent.

2) incumbents cannot campaign to keep their jobs, other than through a limited number of debates.

It would fix everything.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Chuck Norris won the presidency...and he never ever ran for it. lol

I voted or Kusinisch(sp?) because I heard some good stuff about him, however i'd rather vote for Ron Paul...

Rumor has it that Chuck Norris is running for vice president whit Ron Paul...but he round house kicked Ron Paul and became president him self, he dared all other candidates to win...so he won.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

In addition to that, we need an educated voter program. Way too many people are voting who lack the background information and intellectual interest needed to make any judgement on something that impacts us all so dramatically. I would fully support a voter aptitude test prior to being allowed to register to vote. I realize that concept is unpopular and exclusionary, but then again so is the current system.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I refused to participate in this poll due to the lack of respect for Mike Gravel. Not mike gavel. Dude is one hell of an American, and cut through a lot of bs back in his day and took on some pretty big organizations with a middle finger extended.
To not even spell his name right...
Oh, I forgot, these polls are only for Ron Paul supporters to give high fives and stars to each other.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Paul, Kucinich, are the strongest Anti-Establishment canidates on both sides. Surprise!

I voted for Kucinich by the way. He's awesome, and actually rescues turkey's on Thanksgiving.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Geez us freakin' kryt!

People slam Palin yet some of these folks on the left decided to put in a vote for Al Sharpton?

Something really wrong with this picture.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Thanks for the numbers Outkast, as I didn't have a calculator handy.

Nice showing for Paul in the Democratic poll I do have to say though.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Up to your good stuff again I see. Excellent! You do realize that there will be an ATS Channel someday
right? As long as it is independent, it would survive.
Great Stuff

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
what the hell?
seriously???

people here voted for Paul and Kucinich?

LOFL!

i think i like this place after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join