It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Democratic Straw Poll Results!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The results of the (speculative) Democratic Party straw poll for a 2012 primary are in, and things don't look so good for President Obama. Getting just 15.8% of 11,465 participants, Obama was bested by both Dennis Kucinich and Hillary Clinton (as well as the entire "other" category. A rather surprising result of the follow-up question is the apparent "high intelligence" participants attributed to nearly all the speculative candidates. And there are more than a few surprises in the top responses provided by those who selected "other," then wrote in a candidate.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I didn't participate in this one... but wow.

I have to wonder if anyone at all will be reaching for a democratic nomination, to avoid diluting the vote for Obama.

I guess we'll see how shoving unwanted legislation down our throats works out for the D's come next November.

With roughly 5000 less participants than the Republican poll, either the party has lost a pile of support, many think big O is going to be the only one on the ticket, or SO forgot to mention the bacon flavored corn dogs.

Then again...everyone knows that Chuck Norris only needs a pinky in the door to take the race, but word has it he's backing Ron Paul now too.

edit on 22-8-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am surprised by Hillary's high marks in this poll.

I think it's a slam dunk for her in 2016 if she runs.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Lol, Chuck Norris. That's great.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I put chuck norris MUHAHAHAH!~!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wrote-in for Ron Paul.

Lolz

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
I wrote-in for Ron Paul.

Lolz

Of course you did...which is why this poll is useless.

Kucinich

Obama/Clinton 2012...that is my prediction.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If Chuck Norris was president, we would not have to worry about the economy. He would simply frown on it and the economy would change of its own free will.

If Chuck Norris was president, we would not need a national healthcare law. We could all simply touch his beard and be miraculously healed of all our ills.

If Chuck Norris was president, we would no longer need jobs. He would use his beardfist to make the military give us all of that Star Trek stuff they have been hiding.

If Chuck Norris was president, we would not have to worry about comet Elenin. He would simply spit a watermelon seed and change its trajectory.

If Hillary Clinton was president, we would have Chuck Norris "shag her rotten". just because she could use it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Dennis Kucinich is not a media friendly name.

May as well have clicks and pops in his name.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BEFORE THE MODS COULD
edit on 22-8-2011 by josh2009s because: See above.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"Other" garnered second place?

No wonder the Democratic Party seems to be in such disarray.

Hilarious how both the Republican and Democratic straw poll winners are marginalized by their respective parties as well as the mainstream. Don't rock the boat within the party...or else!

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Of course "Apparent Intelligence" was the most selected feature of a democratic president. Thats what they all excell in, "APPARENT" intelligence. Theres a difference in 'actual' intellgence and 'apparent' intelligence.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
And here I took the pole seriously. I didn't even think of Chuck, but am thankful that there is still a sense of humor out there.

And it does show thet disarray that both sides are in at the moment.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The results of the (speculative) Democratic Party straw poll for a 2012 primary are in, and things don't look so good for President Obama. Getting just 15.8% of 11,465 participants, Obama was bested by both Dennis Kucinich and Hillary Clinton (as well as the entire "other" category. A rather surprising result of the follow-up question is the apparent "high intelligence" participants attributed to nearly all the speculative candidates. And there are more than a few surprises in the top responses provided by those who selected "other," then wrote in a candidate.

Given that many of the suggestions are not Democrats and wouldn't run on a Democratic ticket (which would mean switching parties and so forth), I think what you're seeing is a protest vote.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
On the write in vote Ron Paul got the highest percentage.....but he is not a democrat.....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
"Other" garnered second place?

No wonder the Democratic Party seems to be in such disarray.

You have to realize that there has thus far been no official challenge to Obama getting the automatic Democratic party nomination to run for reelection in the 2012 election. The "candidates" offered are nothing more than speculation based on who has previously attempted to run for president, and who has a national profile that may place them in a position to consider running.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
On the write in vote Ron Paul got the highest percentage.....but he is not a democrat.....

SO??

He is NOT a rebooblican either

YOU want to vote for an elite hand picked puppet???

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Im happy with the results!
I do have a question though. Look at Hillary's poll results and Obama's right below. Even though some of Obama's percentages are way lower then Hillary's the actual bar on the graph is longer............Its visually misleading in a subtle way. I dont know, its just something I noticed and though it was kind of weird. No big deal I guess.

Ron Paul 2012!!!
edit on 22-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Originally posted by caladonea

SO??

He is NOT a rebooblican either

YOU want to vote for an elite hand picked puppet???

I really don't know who I am going to vote for as yet....I am still studying.....thinking....and watching.....I won't make my final decision until November 2012.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There are no words to describe my intense disappointment in the fact that Hillary Clinton received so many votes. Don't you people know that she is a cold-hearted corrupt devil in disguise?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join