It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Seek To Turn Chickens Into Mini-Dinosaurs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Pffft i would LOVE to be stuck in a room with one, jump on its back and you'd be safe... I think e.e

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
right lets see how this would go...

Fire up the grill, a splash of lemon some ice cold beers a bunch of good old fashioned scientists to have a feast...yep i can sure see myself investing into the franchise.

On the other side, its really only a matter of time before all this does actually happen. Who know's , perhaps one day while driving through a state or country side you simply might see one of these crossing the road or should i say leaping across the full length of the highway.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Ethical consideration my hind end.
The scientists are 'afraid' to let the little fluff balls hatch. Ounce for ounce birds are the toughest critters on earth. Go harass a parrot on his own terms and see how fast you are left bleeding.

If you pick on something your own size you will be looking at something like this...

en.wikipedia.org...

Which is what they were attempting to represent in the posted video.

You would 'not' be safe on it's back, birds flexible beyond what you would imagine and did I mention they are mean, territorial SOBs. Even the so called nice ones have their bad days.
edit on 22-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
project blue beam preparations...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I can't see what practical appliances would merit hatching one of these. And I'm almost certain it won't surpass the ethical boundaries if it does have some use. Thanks for posting though, goes to show that there are indeed crazy professors out there.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There has to be some BELOW high tech lab that has done this and even has living specimens. Other then weapons why? 1 has always wondered if a dinosaur with skin was ever found and cloned-below-?
edit on 8/22/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why couln't we tame them with docile genes, and than mount them...

Lol watching too much science fiction xD

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Although the eggs cannot be hatched due to ethical restrictions

Let them hatch! Balls to ethics!

Science is more important than abstract ethical concepts.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
And they get in to the wilds.
and breed like MAD.
and hunt in packs and are like Piranhas.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

And even more create a new sickness that laid dorment in the genes of the dinos...........

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
giant, prehistoric, HOT WINGS!?!?!?
count me in

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why this cloning?! What, to make Medusa, Hydra, Cerberus? We already have obvious evidence of evolution (and creation) dinosaur/lizard to birds species, no need to muck it up and hurt the animals in the process, such as transplanting monkey or dog heads.

Adopt a conure parrot, will see what I'm saying... breed them to save the endangered species but come on, who are we to create hybrids or genetically manipulate? We are not gods. Leave it.

I keep conures, small parrots. They are tiny dinos, vicious reptile birds but so smart. No chicken-dino human creation is necessary, safe (think Jurassic Park & threatening existing ecosystems) nor should it be eaten- That's weird and nasty. The type who will eat alligator, a lion's testicle or a shark fin I suspect would want a dino egg omelet?

Treat these birds great, they will often be so sweet in return and help understand the past, the dinosaur or bird brain. I love them! My best friends.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Popeye's and KFC owners all over the world just cried with this announcement.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I understand both sides of the ethical issue, and genetic manipulation can surely be a slippery slope, and to what end does it rest? Nevertheless, I am fascinated with the potential, both beneficial and purely novel. This direction seems inevitable in our future regardless, for better and/or worse. We gotta start training to be gods somewhere ya know.

edit on 22-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They should focus on saving the Spix macaw rather than breeding fowl monsters.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
screw macaws, I WANT DRAGONS xD

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
...the one on the op pic is kinda cute - looks like its wearing bell-bottoms...

...i dont know why they're wasting money on mutating cluckers into chickasaurs... they should be studying the mutant alien birds on Earth - ostriches...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join