It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with China's Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs: 'The West Has Become Very Conceited'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

But it seems in the interview that she's not talking about redefining China's government from Communism. It sounds like they are fine with their system and reforming what wasn't working, and watching the west. She does have a good point about people trying to push their values onto others.

They certainly are in the global economy and making money....so they are Capitalist China, but Communist Capitalist China.
Not democratic China.
And I gotta admit, if I were watching the democratic nations from afar, I would have my jaw dropping open at the corruption, violence, and capitalist crime that is going on.

It makes me sick.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by BobAthome

But it seems in the interview that she's not talking about redefining China's government from Communism. It sounds like they are fine with their system and reforming what wasn't working, and watching the west. She does have a good point about people trying to push their values onto others.

They certainly are in the global economy and making money....so they are Capitalist China, but Communist Capitalist China.
Not democratic China.
And I gotta admit, if I were watching the democratic nations from afar, I would have my jaw dropping open at the corruption, violence, and capitalist crime that is going on.

It makes me sick.

ohh common,, "Communist Capitalist China.",, thats just greed saying,
,its ok,, take the money,,,

you sold out.

And everyone knows,, that communists are the godless heathen! and the west is not! godless!

And I gotta admit, if I were watching the democratic nations from near, I would have my jaw dropping open at the corruption, violence, and godless crime that is going on.

maybe just forgot which god. ya your infected,, its called greed,, been around a long time.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Yup, read your thread. And btw, you're a pretty new member so you may not have noticed that most serious discussions don't get more than a handful of readers and flaggers. 5 for your post is really pretty good.

The only time I've gotten into double digit flags was one stupid thread on Aliens and UFOs, and one on bank corruption. The rest mostly get passed over. We have to remember, this is an entertainment site first, and a source of debate and intelligent discourse second. That said, the members who DO contribute to thoughtful and deeper threads are worth listening to in many cases. (That's why I was rather abrupt in my initial response to you -- sorry. Troll-phobia.)

You make some good points in your thread. And that's exactly what I wanted to discuss -- so, thanks!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Great information, wildtimes, and your take on things was interesting as well.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Did you read the interview, though?
Here is her last recorded remark:

SPIEGEL: How does it feel to be viewed as a new economic superpower?

Fu Ying: It is flattering.

SPIEGEL: Does it make you nervous, as well?

Fu Ying: Not at all. We don't view ourselves as a superpower. You are not going to see a USA or a Soviet Union in China. You are going to see a culturally nourished country with a big population, being more content, being happy, being purposeful -- and it will be a friend to the world. There is no reason to worry about China.

I hope anyone who stopped by will take the time to read her article. It was quite enlightening as to one Chinese minister's point of view.

Quite enlightening, indeed.

Please enjoy these translated quotes fron Sun Tsu's The Art of War:

•All war is based on deception.

•Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

•For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

•He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious.

•Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.

•In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good.

•Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

•Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

•Secret operations are essential in war; upon them the army relies to make its every move.

•Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

•The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.

•The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

•When envoys are sent with compliments in their mouths, it is a sign that the enemy wishes for a truce.

•There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare.

•Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

It goes ON, and ON, and ON. I could post quotes like these ALL DAY LONG.

Never doubt that when the "enemy" is mentioned, it means you and I, and anyone else who doesn't bend to the rule of China.

To actually believe a country with THAT BAD of a human rights record could be a friend to all nations is a JOKE.

Just ask Tibet how friendly China is. And Singapore while you're at it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Well! You're bit tardy joining in, but I very much appreciate your response. So, are you implying (or saying outright) that China is a huge enemy hiding in rhetoric?

I'm not saying they are not....
your quotes are even more enlightening than her statements. I read today that China has passed new laws regarding "dissidents", who can now be arrested and detained for up to many months without even notifying the families.

It is actually rather scary.

Would like to hear more of your input/feedback!
WT

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join