It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Just Lost a Bunch of Great Secrets Forever

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Don't believe the article.

They had redundant backups and insurance files. There are thousands of copies out there.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Assange deserves this. Wikileaks was never about getting the truth out or exposing anything, it was all about getting Assange in front of the camera to stroke his ego. That's why it took MONTHS of "JUST WAIT TILL WE RELEASE THIS - IT'S AMAZING!", instead of instantaneous releases of anything and everything that people wanted to post.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Like they dont make multiple copies of each file.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This really is an odd story, both Assange and Domscheit-Berg are both saying the data is gone and its not like they are friends any more. Would they both lie about somthing like that?

edit on 22-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

That made me laugh. I have those moments. It's also when I realise I've spent 5 mins on one post.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If you have the keys to access the data in multiple backup sites... you can delete them forever. It's not that hard to do because its digital information. A few commands lines and you can delete digital data forever.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's more like TPTB leaned REALLY hard on him. He had Hillary and the Potus really p****d off. I heard before that they had several sets of backup copies, sent to different locations, so I don't believe the oops got deleted bit at all. Assange caved under pressure, end of story.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Does anyone notice that the MSM has placed wikileak under the rug? Like the site has done what it was meant to do and is slowly leaving us? This reminds me of h1n1 and other "Hot topics" that comes and goes.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Any one want to make a bet on how long until he gets "deleted"?
This in not a game. He just committed suicide.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Nothing in this day and age gets "permanently deleted". If they still had all of these amazing secrets, what the hell were they waiting for, anyway? Why hold back? Were they expecting to get paid for them or something?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
i dont care if this is real or not, that man is in deep doo-doo. there are rabid fanatics out their who praise wikileaks as some kind of internet messiah, along with Anon...

lol.. i hope they paid him REALLY WELL.. and i hope his family has a really good insurance policy...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
you know how everybody is always asking if there were ever any ats predictions that came true?

well this one is a fine example

i hope this wiki-soap-opera is finally done and over with...

....now....about that birth certificate
edit on 23-8-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Or it could possibly be that since he's walking around free, that he did in fact have some rather juicy secrets to tell. Now that this Berg fella deleted them all, Assange could be killed or incarcerated. Or, it was all just disinfo from the get go.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I would think that wikileaks would have backups of the files somewhere... Assange would realize how important those files really were, or at least one would think.

I almost wonder if this guy isn't looking for media attention by deleting said files...

Think about it for a moment. Wikileaks has some of the most sensitive, earth shaking files in the world and they aren't going to save it to CD or at least on a portable, external drive somewhere in case someone on the inside went rogue?

The move might not have been for publicity but it is certainly a statement. He might know that Assange has copies of the files somewhere and is doing all of this for his own publicity, hence the new company. It both acts to put his own competing company in the media and be seen, somehow, in a good light within the intelligence community in general (not to mention, by Bank of America).

He could've also been paid by Bank of America and other companies with vested interest in keeping those files from getting out into the open.

Keep in mind that he said he did this in the interest of keeping the informants identities secret. That's counterintuitive to how wikileaks operates in the first place. The files don't necessarily give away someone's identity as a wikileaks informant. Something deeper going on here.

-ChriS
edit on 23-8-2011 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Like they dont make multiple copies of each file.

Like an expert on the field who knows all the systems wouldn't know that?
Doesn't matter if you have million copies out there if the perp has access to them all.
Also the insurance file was done before some of this stuff was given to wikileaks. So that's a no go.
I cant tell what I'd do if I'd ever happen to run into this guy cause that is against the T&C but use your imagination. This guy is the one who is a sellout. He sold out, destroyed data, started openleaks and now he expects people to trust leaks to him???

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I bet the insurance files is filled with worthless info and they will never release the key to unlock it. People fell for the bait hook, line and sinker. Nothing that damaging was released and never will be.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I'd bet that the insurance files has original uncensored copies of the diplomatic cables, the iraq war files and the afgan warfiles. Complete with names, dates, locations etc. If that were to leak out it would be a poopstorm of epic magnitude. So it's a good insurance.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Dom#. What a sanctimonious little git.
"They won't let me be striker, so I'm going to burst the ball and go find some new friends to play with"
(if the story is valid)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

they would be saying that if george soros is the boss, just a rumour though

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I'm with you on this one. I back up everything important. And we all know when you delete something it is never really gone. It's all BS!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join