It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's White Garlic Sauce w/ Veggies, Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I came up with this tasty sauce the other day when I had to get rid of some tomatoes soon and left over veggies I had or they would have been a waste. So I tossed everything into a double sauce pot and slow cooked it and added a few things here and there for flavor and it came out great! I actually kept tract of what I put in it this time
I have learned a lesson....when making new sauces write down what I put in it so I can make it again.

When I made this sauce the first thing that popped into my head was to serve it with bow tie pasta and grilled chicken strips on top and that is how I made it and it came out delicious! I even made my own bow tie pasta for it!

Here is it:

Mblah's Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta with a Creamy White Garlic Veggie Sauce

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b26a26ff7e6c.jpg[/atsimg]

Ingredients
1lb of chicken grilled with a little pepper and parmesean cheese and cut into strips
1box of bow tie pasta or (use my recipe for your own bow tie pasta) my recipe makes equivalent to a box of pasta or more depending on how big you make your bow ties.

4 tomatoes diced
one onion diced and sauteed
half a green pepper diced and sauteed
1 can of cream of onion soup
3/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tbs minced garlic sauteed
1/2 tbs chopped parsley
1/2 tbs chopped cilantro
3/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
extra virgin olive oil

Directions

Sautee the garlic, onion and pepper. In a slow cooker or sauce pan (double decker kind for slow cooking) then add the garlic, onion, pepper and the rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook on medium heat til it starts to simmer then put on low heat and cook for 3 hrs. Stir occasionally..

I am so glad I made this, it was really tasty and I will definitely be using in as a base in my next lasagna venture!

edit on 8/22/2011 by mblahnikluver because: grammar and bad proof reading lol

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
OK ya gone and done it again, ya made me real hungry.

But this time I have the time and ingredients to make this for supper. I knew it was just a matter of time till you slipped up and I had time and the stuff to make one of your dishes on the day you posted.

Thanks, this is going to be great for supper.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato
OK ya gone and done it again, ya made me real hungry.

But this time I have the time and ingredients to make this for supper. I knew it was just a matter of time till you slipped up and I had time and the stuff to make one of your dishes on the day you posted.

Thanks, this is going to be great for supper.

Awesome!! Haha yea this one just popped in my head before work one day when my roommate said he was gonna toss the tomatoes and I said no I'll use them in something. LOL!

I love my sauce pots I just got so I have been experimenting with sauces. Im going to make a dill/carrot sauce this week sometime. I had a carrot dill soup and thought it would make a great sauce for a steak.

Let me know how you like it!!

I am about to reheat my leftovers after this post for lunch actually

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ooooo you're a fantastic cook! Can I please maybe come round one day and sample some of your delicious food? And become a huge wobbly ball of lard that lives under your kitchen counter? Please say yes

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
Ooooo you're a fantastic cook! Can I please maybe come round one day and sample some of your delicious food? And become a huge wobbly ball of lard that lives under your kitchen counter? Please say yes

Anytime

Thank you

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It was great, used grilled chicken with a mild citrus marinade, with garlic bread (store bought unfortunately). And cheesecake for dessert.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

top topics

join