It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UN Resolution On Its Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Breaking news on SkyNews at the moment that UK PM David Cameron has spoken to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon about a new UN resolution amid the happenings in Libya

This post is under edit and is not complete

So far the only report was on the breaking news banner stating that David Cameron has spoken to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon to produce a new UN resolution for Libya. No more has been made of this yet, but this could turn out to be a very important step to having UN feet officially on the ground to police the country during the "transition period" - so please please bare with me while this story unfolds

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon is giving a live press conference at the moment and i will link the articles after the conference (bare with me on this one - you know what breaking news is like to link to!)

For Now:

1623: UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is speaking in New York. He says it is "crucial now for the conflict to end with no further loss of life and retribution".

1624: Ban Ki-moon: "I call on Col Gaddafi's forces to cease violence immediately and make way for peaceful transition."

1630: Ban Ki-moon says the UN, led by special advisor Ian Martin, has been planning over the last two to three months how to help reconstruction efforts in Libya. He will hold a meeting of regional organisations later this week. "The UN stands ready to provide all possible assistance to the Libyan people."

1630: Ban Ki-moon says it will be crucial for the Security Council to be as responsive as possible. He calls this a hopeful moment, but says there are also risks ahead.

AGAIN - please have patients while this topic is completed - but feel free to add to it
edit on 22/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: (no reason given)

new topics

join