It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 combat rifles!!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I'm with you, I truly believe the FAL is the best combat rifle ever made. Right behind it would be the garand, and then the K98.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyndissonance

The fn 2000, is clearly an assault rife.

The p90 is considered a compact assault rifle.

Both rifles use a bullpup configuration where the action is behind the trigger action, making both rifles as accurate as a traditional rifle configuration, but because the barrel extends behind the trigger it makes both of them compact compared to a normal rifle.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

the reason's being 10 box mag and ,

The standard infantry weapon of British troops from World War I to the 1956 Suez crisis, the Lee-Enfield SMLE (pronounced "smelly") built its reputation on reliability, accuracy and a phenomenal rate of fire. Its magazine carried 10 bullets, the largest capacity of any rifle on the battlefield during the first half of the 20th century. Its short bolt action cocked on closing, and its muzzle cap prevented dirt from clogging the weapon. In the hands of a well-trained infantryman, the Lee-Enfield could perform what was called the "mad minute," i.e., thirty rounds hitting a target 200 meters distant in one minute, a volume of fire that rivals modern semiautomatic weapons.
need any more reasons?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

The fn 2000, is clearly an assault rife.

The p90 is considered a compact assault rifle.

Both rifles use a bullpup configuration where the action is behind the trigger action, making both rifles as accurate as a traditional rifle configuration, but because the barrel extends behind the trigger it makes both of them compact compared to a normal rifle.

I'll give you the 2000, but the p90 is definitely not an assault rifle. It is a submachine gun. It only has a max effective range of 200m, putting it on par with a mp5. The p90 was built to be a breaching and close quarters gun that could share ammo with the 5-7 sidearm. It isn't more widely used because it dumps rounds too fast and has a horrible walk when shooting. Ive shot plenty of these at ranges and they are definitely not an assault rifle. If you don't believe me, go to the FN Herstal site, the manufacturer even list it as a sub machine gun.
edit on 20-10-2011 by beautyndissonance because: no reason.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by therealwolf90

I'm absolutely sure you will be on the news soon for killing your family and yourself. Why do men find masculinity in weapons? Why not use your Dorito stained fingers and kill something with your own hands?

Oh no, can't do that......only a weapon makes you feel like a man. You certainly could not kill a deer by running up on it and strangling it. Pathetic.

Hunting, what a joke. When you kill something with a double barrel shotgun, people call it hunting? It's a butcher with a gun! Ask the American Indians how they did it. Also ask them about the spiritual process of killing another animal for their own needs.

Guns are only good for revolution and self protection. Testosterone here is too thick.

No one fights hand to hand combat anymore because we are too dang fat and lazy. No manhood here in this forum. I hate this forum. Full of whimp's. Yet I felt compelled to reply.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

I'm absolutely sure you will be on the news soon for killing your family and yourself. Why do men find masculinity in weapons? Why not use your Dorito stained fingers and kill something with your own hands?

Oh no, can't do that......only a weapon makes you feel like a man. You certainly could not kill a deer by running up on it and strangling it. Pathetic.

Hunting, what a joke. When you kill something with a double barrel shotgun, people call it hunting? It's a butcher with a gun! Ask the American Indians how they did it. Also ask them about the spiritual process of killing another animal for their own needs.

Guns are only good for revolution and self protection. Testosterone here is too thick.

No one fights hand to hand combat anymore because we are too dang fat and lazy. No manhood here in this forum. I hate this forum. Full of whimp's. Yet I felt compelled to reply.

Have you ever tried to run down a deer? How is using a firearm any less manly than a bow and arrow, you are still using a projectile to kill. You make comments about how the testosterone on this forum is too thick, yet you are encouraging people to engage in hand to hand combat. Get off your ps3 and stop playing so much God of War, people haven't fought with sticks and stones for thousands of years, pretending to be tough over an internet forum is a lot easier than doing it in real life.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Actually the P90 is classified as a PDW, and the FS2000 is an assault rifle.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You know, indians hunt with firearms now and have since they were introduced to them by traders in the mid-1500s. And yeah, I might be a wimp - I carry a Colt 1911 everywhere I go. But get this: you're a gigantic pussy compared to anybody with a gun, if you don't have one.

There is no honor in assaulting people. You will just get your sorry guts blown all over the place these days if you attack people with your pathetic fists of fury. This is as it should be. I'm sorry that you don't feel safe assaulting people any more - must be hard to keep your temper when you have poor impulse control. You must though - you never know if somebody is packing these days.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

You know, indians hunt with firearms now and have since they were introduced to them by traders in the mid-1500s. And yeah, I might be a wimp - I carry a Colt 1911 everywhere I go. But get this: you're a gigantic pussy compared to anybody with a gun, if you don't have one.

There is no honor in assaulting people. You will just get your sorry guts blown all over the place these days if you attack people with your pathetic fists of fury. This is as it should be. I'm sorry that you don't feel safe assaulting people any more - must be hard to keep your temper when you have poor impulse control. You must though - you never know if somebody is packing these days.

Your post made no sense whatsoever. If you clean it up, I will gladly reply. Best regards.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Actually the P90 is classified as a PDW, and the FS2000 is an assault rifle.

Funny that FN classifies it as a submachine gun.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Makes perfect sense. You were whining about how nobody fist fights any more, and how indians were against firearms. I destroyed both assertions.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Makes perfect sense. You were whining about how nobody fist fights any more, and how indians were against firearms. I destroyed both assertions.

Your assertions were wrong. I'm against violence. I'm against fire arms used for casual usage. Also against the people the think that their masculinity comes from a fire arm.

In a world of dissonance, I am suspect of gun carrying open license owners. They scare me. Do they have the ability to restrain themselves against a perceived enemy?

Too many react quickly enough to make a bad decision. Truly, I don't advocate firearms in a house hold of a family.

If you have one, keep it hidden and be responsible. Yes, I believe in the second amendment. However, the criminal element overwhelms the stable minded. Please be mindful.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The AK is a good, cheap rifle for simple people. They are cheap and easy to produce and fire well enough when they are dirty. They go BANG when they are supposed to and they are easy to disassemble and assemble. But they are a nightmare to keep clean since the cheap materials used in their construction rust BADLY. Not an issue as long as you are NEVER around moisture. Accuracy is barely acceptable on semi for targets out to 200 meters and if you are lucky then as far out as 300 meters you have a 50/50 chance of hitting a man sized target. Forget about full auto.
Civilians that have no REAL hands on knowledge of military weapons like them because they are cheap,they look cool and they read a few cool articles about them.
The M1 and M1a are the best combat rifles. Followed by the FAL and the M16 series. The M16 series does have the major downfall of the weak 5.56 round but it is made up in ergonomics. The M-4 is crap due to the too short barrel and resulting drastic loss of velocity. Barrels at least 20" in length should be the standard for this round.
If you ever actually have to go to battle then only a moron internet ninja would choose an AK over the M1/M1a/FAL/M16 or even the HK 91.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

You know your arguments may win in an Oprah audience, but they fall flat on their face when you look at actual statistics regarding crime. The vast overwhelming majority of people who own firearms in the USA are not criminals, and are not violent people with poor impulse control.

You argument was toured around the country by the Brady Campaign and the Million Mom March, as concealed carry laws were going into effect around the nation. Violent crime has dropped markedly in every state that now allows concealed carry.

As far as the indians go, they hunt with rifles just like everybody else these days, and have for hundreds of years. They took to guns like ducks to water and never looked back.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankcasal
The AK is a good, cheap rifle for simple people. They are cheap and easy to produce and fire well enough when they are dirty. They go BANG when they are supposed to and they are easy to disassemble and assemble. But they are a nightmare to keep clean since the cheap materials used in their construction rust BADLY. Not an issue as long as you are NEVER around moisture. Accuracy is barely acceptable on semi for targets out to 200 meters and if you are lucky then as far out as 300 meters you have a 50/50 chance of hitting a man sized target. Forget about full auto.
Civilians that have no REAL hands on knowledge of military weapons like them because they are cheap,they look cool and they read a few cool articles about them.
The M1 and M1a are the best combat rifles. Followed by the FAL and the M16 series. The M16 series does have the major downfall of the weak 5.56 round but it is made up in ergonomics. The M-4 is crap due to the too short barrel and resulting drastic loss of velocity. Barrels at least 20" in length should be the standard for this round.
If you ever actually have to go to battle then only a moron internet ninja would choose an AK over the M1/M1a/FAL/M16 or even the HK 91.

That's just bullcrap. The AK might not shoot quite as accurately as other autoloaders, but it can hit a man sized target at 400 yards every time. Additionally, a person can arm themselves with one for $300 or $400 and have a lot of money left over with which to practice their marksmanship skills.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Ak 47 is a good rifle and it is widely used. But it is not most powerful rifle. I prefer M4A1 or AR 15 than Ak 47. Its shot is not so powerful. Many bullet proof items like cars etc. are made on the base that they should resist the shot of Ak 47.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

A good AK (I said a GOOD AK) is capable of about 3 MOA accuracy at 100 meters. That means a good rifleman should be able to attain about a 3" shot group with a good AK at 100 meters. That shot group spreads to 9" at 300 meters. and 12" at 400m. AKs are known to get from 3-8 MOA accuracy at 100 meters. A good rifleman can count on getting a hit about 50% of the time with a standard AK. His odds improve if he is lucky enough to have a good one.
I took a Russiann AKM out of the box once during foreign weapons training, disassembled and cleaned it and used it all day and eventually fired the Army qualification table from 50-300m and managed to qualify expert with it. So I had a good one,Some are not.
The next time we had this same training the AK I had was so inaccurate I was lucky when I hit a 200m target.
I NEVER failed to qualify expert with my M16. I was a Sniper, by the way. Went to the Marine Corps course in 1984. So I CAN shoot a little bit.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by macintosh

I don't know where to start on this post. The 7.62x39 is MUCH more powerful than a 5.56x45nato. Just because it doesn't have the power to penetrate level II body armor, doesn't mean it is not as powerful. Take away the armor, and watch which round wins in a ballistic test.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join