It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standard & Poor's and the Bilderbergers: All Part of the Plan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Standard & Poor's and the Bilderbergers: All Part of the Plan?

www.truth-out.org

In an illuminating exposé posted on Firedoglake on August 5, Jane Hamsher concluded:

It's becoming more and more obvious that Standard and Poor's has a political agenda riding on the notion that the US is at risk of default on its debt based on some arbitrary limit to the debt-to-GDP ratio. There is no sound basis for that limit, or for S&P's insistence on at least a $4 trillion down payment on debt reduction, any more than there is for the crackpot notion that a non-crazy US can be forced to default on its debt....

It's time the media and Congress started asking Standard and P
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Not sure how much of the snippet will show up on the OP, but this is quite a long article and it names names...and it seems well-researched...

And it's a great summation of who's who behind all the havoc. Trouble is, it's hard to believe anyone now.

The One World Company has us by the nose.

Jason Schwarz shed light on this question in an article on Seeking Alpha titled "The Rise of Financial Terrorism." He wrote:

[A]fter the market close on Friday August 5th, we received word that S&P CEO Deven Sharma had taken control of the ratings agency and personally led the push for a US downgrade. There is a lot of evidence that he has deliberately tried to trash the US economy. Even after discovering that the S&P debt calculations were off by $2 trillion, Sharma made the decision to go ahead with the unethical downgrade. This is a guy who was a key contributor at the 2009 Bilderberg Summit that organized 120 of the world's richest men and women to push for an end to the dollar as the global reserve currency.

[T]hrough his writings on "competitive strategy" S&P CEO Sharma considers the United States the PROBLEM in today's world, operating with what he implies is an unfair and reckless advantage. The brutal reality is that for "globalization" to succeed the United States must be torn asunder ...

Here's how it works, supposedly

The world company acquires assets by preventing governments from issuing their own currencies and credit. Money is created instead by banks as loans at interest. The debts inexorably grow, since more money is always owed back than was created in the original loans. (For more on this, see here.) If currencies are not allowed to expand to meet increased costs and growth, the inevitable result is a wave of bankruptcies, foreclosures and sales of assets at fire sale prices. Sales to whom? To the "world company."

Makes sense and seems logical.
Here's another opinion about what happened that makes sense.

Jesse Livermore summarized the market's response:

... [T]he markets sold off rather rapidly as no announcement was made about QE3.... It wasn't until ... the last 75 min of market activity [that] the DJIA gained 639 pts to close at a day high of 11,242. That begs the question, where did that injection of capital come from? The President's Working Group on Financial Markets? Or did the "policy tools" to promote price stability by any chance include the next round of Quantitative Easing unannounced?

Was that QE3 Incognito, Ben?

Well, I'm getting close to a copy-and-paste wrist slap here, so I encourage everyone to please read this article, and get back to me about whether you think it's propaganda, or the beginning of actual exposure of the filth.

www.truth-out.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I kinda figured S&P was working for the dark side since they have their own stock market. I had also just read another article on the SEC website (I forget the link) from an Exec VP who resigned. His letter indicated that Moody's was just as corrupt as S&P. It makes sense now. If you can control the credit rating of corporations, you get better deals on the stocks/options, and then raise their credit rating and 'sell high'. Insider trading big time.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I encourage anyone who has interest in this thread to see one I just posted on Deconstructing Disinfo
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I found some threads to tie together...
and I'm starting to believe there is absolutely nothing that can stop the NWO from occurring.
It's already done, guys. We're just watching. We might as well be entertained by it from a sociological/historical point of view. The world is never, ever going back to how it was. Never.

And apparently, we're all being irradiated anyway. I weep for my descendants, if my children are to become parents at all...
May peace be with us all.
WT

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
On S&P's downgrade it does appear that they have leant something from the housing crash. With all the political games going on this year with the debt ceiling and default a serious option put on the table by congress there is a real risk of this happening. A B rating for the US government does seam to be a reasonable assessment by some and it will take some time for the US rating agencies to find a more realistic ground. When this issue comes in front of congress again next year will be a real test for it.

As for their $2 Trillion dollar accounting error, over all it is not too bad for a budget the size of the US government. The Pentagon has also lost $2 Trillion dollars in a year and that is just one department. It will take time to sort out the real accounting books from the public gloss.

I am not surprised there has been a backlash against S&P as some people value perception over reality when it comes to economics. There has also been some unusual trading going on, hopefully any insider trading will be uncovered but with politicians immune to this law it set a really bad example, precedent and loophole to halt any investigations. The quick recovery in the markets does look like QE3 by stealth, but could be many different factors going on. Hopefully time will tell if there have been any sinister ticks going on, but I would not count on it depending who is involved.

The part in the article about the one world company is of concern. The IMF have been leading the way in the past with many nations now having national resources privatised due to their policies and actions. Here is another thread on a study that does show how corporations do control the worlds finances www.abovetopsecret.com... . Many nations of the world are drowning in debt with the public picking up the bill. Many corporations are taking over public infrastructure, while they say they are more cost effective there are also big executive bonuses and shareholders that need their cut.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Agreed. And sadly, even if they DO investigate (which they are supposedly doing), what would happen? I am just pretty hopeless that the truly corrupt will be brought down. It is racketeering on a global level, and that's my main gripe.

Thanks for the thoughts and the link.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
hey, thanks for posting. this was a really interesting and well-written article.

i gotta say, the "one world company" theory is pretty much along the lines of my thinking when people bring up "new world order" - this article hits the nail on the head for me. an elite few who own and control all of the resources that are necessary to life. what kills me are the very short-sighted politicians in the US who are easily paid off to vote a certain way on legislation that furthers this agenda, and do not look at the big picture or end result of their actions. i often wonder why these people in office do not think of their own children and grandchildren, etc. who are going to be forced to live under the conditions that they themselves have created. because i have a hard time believing that all politicians are "in on it" (so to speak) - i think some are just very selfish and/or very ignorant. innocent crooks, if you will. innocent of really grasping the ultimate agenda, but guilty of taking the palm grease that paves the path.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Brand new news with a wicked twist. S&P Prezzie Sharma steps down, BUT will be replaced by the CEO if...... Citibank! We won't have to worry about those pesky downgrades to big business anymore

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Maybe they weren't paid off. It amazes me how most people who talk about the one world company never really give the notion that these thugs just may be capable of violence or blackmail. For some reason everyone seems to be under the impression that TPTB are nice bad guys that do their dirty work by throwing around lots money so that the people that do their bidding all live happilly ever after...

Is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of senators getting caught up in illegal sex scandals lately?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

no. don't get me wrong, i dont mean ALL of them are paid off. and you are right, i am sure there is A LOT of blackmail and "knee cap busting" that goes on, too. but there are also those who get their palms greased. and to those guys (or gals) i cannot understand how they don't think about the future generations in their own families. you know what kills me about this site? it's that no matter what you say, someone always takes it to mean that you are saying ALL or NONE or some extreme in one direction or the other, simply because you don't include everything under the sun in your post. man, i was just posting my views on the subject. i wasn't trying to debate with anyone (which i am starting to gather is the whole "thing" on this site) and i wasn't trying to say that palm greasing is the ONLY thing that goes on. was simply talking about the ones who do and how do they live with themselves. it wasn't rocket science and i wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel with my post.

ETA: my post said "what kills me are the very short-sighted politicians..." what it DID NOT says is "all politicians are very short sighted and..." meaning *the ones who take bribes* are *the ones* who "kill me" - and by kill me i dont mean literally dead, i just mean figuratively... as in irk me or anger me or bother me the most.

as for the ones who are blackmailed or strong-armed: what a bunch of vaginas THEY are. way to throw yourself on the grenade for your country (like our soldiers are expected to do) or take one for the team. even in this case, how do these people not consider what the consequences of their actions are for their future generations.

is my post thorough enough this time... er.... ¯_(ツ)_/¯
edit on 22-8-2011 by highpriestess because: more rocket science.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Oh no, no, no ,no... I think that you were spot on the first time and I agree with what you said in its entirety. I do apologize for not making that clear in my first post. When I said that people always think that the politicians that do these things were simply bribed, I was making a generalization about the many post that i have read before on this topic. It was more of a general rant than anything and was not directed at you specifically. By hitting reply to your post I have singled you out and that was very wrong of me, please accept my most sincere apologies for doing that.

I hate the fact that I have unwittingly done to someone else what has been done to me so many times on purpose. Your post said exactly what it was meant to say, no need to clarify anything.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

then i apologize as well. i guess i am just getting used to having to defend every post i make here :-/ for some reason, it seems to be a trend around here that people get hung up on semantics or arguing about the tiniest detail of someone's post instead of the post as a whole. sorry if i jumped back too quickly. and i hope i dont get in too much trouble with the mods for this kind of off-topic post - though i hope they do consider what a GOOD EXAMPLE we are setting here for the rest of the forum

edit on 23-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It amazes me how most people who talk about the one world company never really give the notion that these thugs just may be capable of violence or blackmail. For some reason everyone seems to be under the impression that TPTB are nice bad guys that do their dirty work by throwing around lots money so that the people that do their bidding all live happilly ever after...

Of course they are capable of violence AND blackmail!
Do you think all the warmongering is some noble heroic gesture to remove corrupt leaders from the oppressed and struggling?
No. Nonono.....it is about MONEY.
TPTB are absolutely willing to kill -- to start wars -- even to invent reasons to start wars....
Perhaps you are referring to individual violence against other individuals...in that case, also, I believe they are capable. Look at JFK. He refused to play nice while the Joint Chiefs of Staff were sitting around dreaming up ways to frame Cuba so they could start a war. So he was eliminated.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

[gagging noise]
Musical chairs again. I won't be surprised if Sharma winds up on the House Oversight Committee.
Not one little bit. Maybe he'll change his name, though, first.

top topics

join