It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once In A Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
April boarded the subway heading home from work once again. She moved to the back of the car so she would blend in with the rest of the crowd. April had moved to New York City a couple of years ago. She had left her hometown hoping to start a new life. She had always been treated like an outcast and just wanted to be accepted for who she was, and not judged. She had been hired by a PR firm to work as a Girl Friday. Having been there for a couple of years, she just knew she was due for a promotion. Her reviews had always been good, but no one ever really seemed to notice her. As she traveled home, her thoughts kept haunting her as if she was reliving her life at home, just in another setting. She wondered why nothing ever changed. Why did no one notice her, and why was she so shy?

The train screeched to a halt at her stop, and she left the train to walk the three blocks to her apartment. She stopped at the corner store to pick up some milk and bread, then walked up the steps to her apartment. Opening the door, her cat Marvin greeted her. He was a yellow Maine Coon and was her one true friend. The one thing she valued was her cat and his unconditional affection for her. "Hey, Marvin. And what have you been doing today?" she said to him. "Keeping the couch in place, I see". She put the milk and bread away and turned on the evening news. She never really watched it, but the noise made her feel less lonely. After a long and busy day, she decided to soak in a bath for a while. She filled the tub and added some bath salts to help soothe away the stress of the day.

April let the water out of the tub and proceeded to dry herself off. She turned to put the towel on the rack, and stopped to look at her nude body in the mirror. "Why does no one want me?" she asked herself. April was a five foot 6 inch tall, long haired brunette with piercing blue eyes. Her figure was a slender one with nice sized breasts, by her admission. She was very well kept and dressed conservatively. She grabbed her robe and sighed as she made her way to the kitchen. She ate dinner and curled up on the sofa and watched an old movie before drifting off to sleep.

April arrived to work at about 7:45, her usual time. She preferred to be a little early so she could get some coffee and catch up on emails before the office got busy. She was startled by her phone ringing at about 8:30. "April," she could hear her boss talking on the other end "Could you come to my office, please". April was only called into her boss's office when her annual review came up. She was still six months away from that. Her mind swirled wondering what she had done. She knocked on the door and her boss motioned her in. He finished his phone call and focused on April. "Good morning April. I have some news for you" he said. "I have decided to give you a promotion. We have a new executive starting today, and he is in need of a personal assistant". April could hardly believe her eyes. A promotion to a personal assistant! Finally someone was recognizing her! "I want you to go to the 18th floor and see Barbara." he continued. "She will show you where to go and introduce you to your new boss".

April was bursting with excitement as she rode the elevator to the 18th floor. "I wonder what my new boss is like" she thought to herself. "I hope he's nice and values my work ethics". The door opened and April stepped into a whole new world. She looked around the lobby and was in awe of the decor. Beautiful artwork adorned the walls and stylish leather chairs adorned the waiting room. April walked up to the reception desk and asked for Barbara. "And your name is?" the receptionist asked. "April" she replied. "One moment, please". The receptionist made a call and asked April to wait in one of the seats. After what seemed like an eternity, a tall blonde woman dressed in a very swanky business suit approached her. "April I presume?" she said. "Yes, ma'am" April replied. "My name is Barbara. Follow me please". Barbara took her down the hallway and showed her where she would be sitting. "First thing we need to do is to upgrade your wardrobe" Barbara said. "We will give you a $400/mo. clothing allowance. We expect our personal assistants to look their very best." she said. "Mr. Holden will be in directly to meet with you".

April walked around her new office. "Wow," she thought "my own office! I can't wait to get moved in. I wonder what Mr. Holden looks like. If he has risen to this level, he must be an older guy. Probably bald and grey." she thought to herself. As she sat in her new chair, the door opened and there stood a man about six feet tall with sandy blonde hair and deep blue eyes. He had a narrow mustache, and was dressed in a custom fitted suit. "Good morning, you must be April" he said. "Yes, I am" she replied. "I'm Mr. Holden, but you can all be Carmen. Please, come into my office so we can talk. I want to know more about who my new assistant is" he replied.

Carmen opened the door and motioned April in. He was being more than polite, he wanted to see her full figure as she walked i front of him. He couldn't help but admire her shapely legs and round firm butt. He walked around to the front of his desk and sat down. He asked April what had brought her to New York City. He also asked her about her employment there and how she liked it. He told her about what his expectations were for her, and also told her there would be times when she would have to travel for a few days. "Do you have any questions for me, April?". April thought for a few moments, and replied "None that I can think of at the moment". "Good," Carmen said "I'll give you the rest of today to get moved up here, and also the afternoon to go shopping. I want you to look your best".

April was loving her new position. She worked very hard and made sure she was very attentive to what Carmen needed. Time had flown by and it was nearly Thanksgiving. She looked forward to the break, but did not have any plans. Her normal holiday was spent relaxing and watching old movies. She always called her parents and they would ask her to come home, which she declined using an excuse each time. As Friday rolled around, Carmen called her into his office. "I need you to travel with me to Texas next week." he told her. "I'll have a car pick you up at 6:30 Monday morning." he continued. "Make sure you have all of my presentation material with you. I'll meet you at the airport".

April was so excited she barely slept Sunday night. She made sure she had everything packed, and went down to meet the car. Once at the airport, she made her way to the gate to wait for boarding. She was reading a magazine when Carmen arrived. "Good morning." he said. "Ready for the trip"? She looked up and saw he was not dressed in a business suit, but rather in jeans and loafers and carrying his laptop. "yes, I am looking forward to it." she replied. As Carmen walked past her to sit down, she couldn't help but notice how nice he looked in those jeans. It kind of excited her. They made small talk and made sure she had brought everything. They boarded the plane and got settled in for the long flight. Carmen had purchased first class tickets for them, which was a treat for April. They talked and had a few drinks, at Carmen's insistence. This helped to loosen April up and she was more talkative than usual. The plane landed and they made their way to the baggage claim area.

Carmen had booked them adjoining rooms at the hotel so he could have access to April for anything he might need. He told her on the way to the hotel that they would be here for about four days, but the meeting was on Wednesday. This would give them plenty of time to prepare. He did not want to show up and be presenting in a rush. He told April to meet him in the lobby at 7:00pm for dinner. They went into their respective rooms and got settled in. April spent the next hour or so trying to decide what to wear. She had noticed Carmen did not wear a wedding ring. She liked the attention he gave her, but was unsure if he was just being a polite boss, or if he had other interests. She decided to dress a little provocative to see what his response would be. She settled on a low cut dress that was also fairly tight fitting. She wore black high heels and a silver ankle bracelet. She finished her makeup and made her way to the lobby.

"Wow, do you look great" Carmen said. "You sure do clean up nice". April blushed at his comment, hoping it was more than just a kind word. Carmen led her into the formal dining room of the hotel. He told her to order whatever she wanted. He asked her if she liked wine, and she said that she did. He ordered a bottle of Merlot, and poured her a glass when it arrived. "To our first trip" he toasted. The ordered dinner and talked for quite a while. Carmen wanted to learn more about April, as he sensed there was more to her than she was telling him. He ordered another bottle of wine, and they continued talking after dessert had been served. April was starting to feel the effects of the wine, but she did not want to end the evening. She began looking at Carmen as more than her boss. She wanted him to like her, to want her. But more importantly, she wanted him to make love to her.

Carmen sensed that April was beginning to loosen up. He hadn't really paid too much attention to her up until this point. He began noticing things about her, and liked what he saw. She had full, pouty lips and a slight dimple in her left cheek when she smiled. He found himself looking towards her breasts and admiring how full they looked, especially with the low cut dress. "Why do you always look down when someone makes you smile" he asked her. "You have a beautiful smile". April blushed and replied "I'm not really that pretty, and I don't like my smile. I guess it's my way of hiding it". "Nonsense" Carmen replied. "You are a very beautiful woman. A great sense of humor, and if you don't mind my saying so, also very sexy". April blushed once again. Could she believe him? She started feeling a little awkward and began fidgeting. "I'm sorry" Carmen said. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'll take care of the check and we'll call it a night".

They said their good nights, and went into their respective rooms. April tried for a couple of hours to go to sleep, but it just wasn't working. Maybe it was the wine, but she could not stop thinking of Carmen. She wanted so much to believe what he had said was true. She decided to make a move and hoped that it would not jeopardize her job. She knocked on Carmen's door, and was surprised when it opened rather quickly. Carmen saw her in her silk night shirt, with her breasts heaving quickly with her excited breath. He reached out and pulled her to him and kissed her deeply. She felt herself go limp in his arms, and her guard was immediately down. He stooped and swept her off her feet and carried her to the bed.

Carmen made love to April for what seemed like hours. Oh how she enjoyed his touch. He seemed to know just how and were to touch her giving her pleasure she had never known before. She fell asleep in his arms, content with their rendezvous. She dreamed that night of her encounter with Carmen. She slept deeper than she had ever slept before. She felt content and at ease with Carmen. She hoped it would continue and never end.

Carmen woke her up with a gentle kiss on her shoulder. "Wake up sleepy." he said. "Anyone for some breakfast"? She smiled at him and rolled over. He gave her another deep kiss and began to make love to her. She loved how he felt. So strong and sexy. It was as if she couldn't get enough. When they had finished, Carmen ordered room service. "Let's just stay in bed for a while." he told her. They ate their breakfast and talked the morning away. Carmen told her that this was not a one night thing. He wanted this to continue, even when they returned to New York. They talked about how to keep it a secret at the office and how to see each other at night and on weekends. Carmen decided to grab a shower as April layed on the bed full of emotions and thoughts.

As Carmen came out of the bathroom, his phone rang. "Sure, I can be there in about an hour. Ok, I'll see you then". "Sorry, that was FEDEX. The office sent over a revised presentation and I have to go pick it up." he told her. "I should be back around 1:00. Do you want to go out and see some of the town when I get back"? April said that she would. He kissed her bye, and looked deeply into her eyes. "I'm glad I got to know you" he told her as he left. April stayed in bed and replayed the night over and over in her mind. She was so excited and felt like she was on cloud nine. She went back to her room and got cleaned up. She wanted to be ready when Carmen returned.

April glanced back at the clock as she was looking out her window at the city below. 2:30. Where was Carmen? She had tried his cell phone, but there was no answer. She was getting really hungry, so she decided to leave him a note and head to the hotel bar to get a sandwich. When she had finished her lunch, she went to the hotel desk to see if Carmen had left a message for her. There were no messages. She returned to her room to wait for Carmen. When she arrived at her room, she decided to see if there were any old movies on TV. As she flipped through the channels, there was a breaking news alert. She stopped to see what it was about. As the report unfolded, April felt the blood drain from her body. She could not believe what she was seeing. A bomb had exploded at the FEDEX terminal, killing everyone inside, and also a man who had just left the building. That man was Carmen Holden.

April often reflected on the wonderful man she had spent so little time with. How she longed for him to hold her once again. She was not bitter about losing him, just a little saddened. After all, if it were not for him, she would not have her beautiful daughter.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A really nice story.

As is the case of the protagonist in your story, it hasn't gotten enough attention.

It makes you think how fleeting happiness is.

And also, how delicately balanced our reality is.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Axial Leader because: More thoughts...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Axial Leader

Thanks for the comment. I know it really isn't in line with what most on this site are looking for, but it popped into my head and I had to write it down. I don't necessarily write in one genre, I tend to write what comes to mind whatever the topic may be.

new topics

join