It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to see Something That's Just Wierd ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quirky

Originally posted by Advantage

Dangit!! I clicked on this and expected to see something new and exciting .. and its that same old stupid wheel. I was expecting ectoplasm coming out of someones 3rd eye, youtube interview of a yeti family, a darned ghost in a bottle... nope. The dumb styro and pinwheel...

Well, looks like someone oughtto contact James Randi then.. he's gonna be PISSED!

www.randi.org...

Randi is too busy trying to keep his boyfriend out of jail for identity theft these days.

articles.sun-sentinel.com...[editb y]edit on 17-10-2011 by Quirky because: forgot to add link

Update: It looks like Randi and other members of CSICOP knew the real identity of Randi's boyfriend all along! I guess Randi's interest in promoting finding out the truth about things doesn't apply to whoever he sleeps with.

www.sun-sentinel.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheChosenProphet
That is very weird. I cant say i know anything but would like to find out more.

Did you check out the skeptiko thread?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheChosenProphet
That is very weird. I cant say i know anything but would like to find out more.

Did you check out the skeptiko thread?

???

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Dangit!! I clicked on this and expected to see something new and exciting .. and its that same old stupid wheel. I was expecting ectoplasm coming out of someones 3rd eye, youtube interview of a yeti family, a darned ghost in a bottle... nope. The dumb styro and pinwheel...

Well, looks like someone oughtto contact James Randi then.. he's gonna be PISSED!

www.randi.org...

Randi is too busy trying to keep his boyfriend out of jail for identity theft these days.

articles.sun-sentinel.com...[editb y]edit on 17-10-2011 by Quirky because: forgot to add link

Update: It looks like Randi and other members of CSICOP knew the real identity of Randi's boyfriend all along! I guess Randi's interest in promoting finding out the truth about things doesn't apply to whoever he sleeps with.

www.sun-sentinel.com...

I guess people in this forum have never heard of the guy?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That sure did leave me with a feeling of "weird."

Was... that... cool? I think it was cool, or impressive, or something. I just can't put my finger on why. Maybe if the triangle weighd 4 tons... then I would be a little more impressed.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
That sure did leave me with a feeling of "weird."

Was... that... cool? I think it was cool, or impressive, or something. I just can't put my finger on why. Maybe if the triangle weighd 4 tons... then I would be a little more impressed.

If anyone could move a 10-ton triangle by thinking about it, they'd be locked up in a government lab somewhere by now, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I just read your sig line. It's so wrong! The more someone knows about something, the more possibilities they can see. It's the beginners who tend to be more limited in the scope of what they can come up with. Maybe that's why a spinning pinwheel in a jar didn't impress you. The implications for physics went over your head.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Quirky

That's odd, where did pages 2-4 of this thread dissapear to?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Quirky

Well, yes, I imagine so... Someone who could move any object weighing even more then themselves with the power of thought alone would definitely be of huge interest to the government. I wonder if there are any "gifted people" out there who ARE locked away and/or forced to use their gifts for their benefit?

Good point.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I just read your sig line. It's so wrong! The more someone knows about something, the more possibilities they can see. It's the beginners who tend to be more limited in the scope of what they can come up with. Maybe that's why a spinning pinwheel in a jar didn't impress you. The implications for physics went over your head.

My sig line is a quote from a Zen master named Shunryu Suzuki. I believe the point of it is to say "don't close your mind," or "don't allow your mind to become full."

Sometimes your response would be correct... say, in the field of quantum mechanics. An "expert" in quantum mechanics would be very ready to admit that we are "beginners" in the subject. He would point out that the more we know, the more questions we have.... and therefore he, nor anyone else is an "expert."

On the other hand, you are dead wrong when you consider the state of mind which is implied with words like beginner and expert. The quantum physics expert considers himself a beginner, despite the years of tedious experimentation and observation he has poured into the subject. If he considered himself an expert, he would stifle any further learning and discoveries.

Basically, Suzuki is just saying to take a fresh approach each and every time. Its pointing out the newness of each moment, the freedom of the Now. It's not saying to always be a beginner, to never learn anything. It is describing beginner's MIND as opposed to expert's MIND, you see.

And as for the "physics" going over my head... I have but to chuckle at that. The reason I'm not impressed is because this could very well be a nice little illusion. I'm as impressed by this trick as I would be watching a magician on stage. (However maybe slightly less than the magician, because at least the magician tries to be entertaining.)

Thus, my comment on the triangle weighing 4 tons... because then there would be no doubt that I was seeing something amazing. Its like comparing our party magician's tricks to the wonders of the great pyramids.

In the end, I appreciate your criticism, but I feel it was quite impotent and ill presented.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
reply to post by Quirky

Well, yes, I imagine so... Someone who could move any object weighing even more then themselves with the power of thought alone would definitely be of huge interest to the government. I wonder if there are any "gifted people" out there who ARE locked away and/or forced to use their gifts for their benefit?

Good point.

In the case of people doing remote viewing for the stargate program, they didn't get locked away. But they did want their names kept secret for security reasons. Somehow i don't really believe governents lock people away for such things, but I do think they would keep very quiet about such individuals if they existed.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sorry about picking on your sig line. Mostly I was seeing if you actually were interested in discussing the topic of the post, or if you were just making random comments to up your post count.

BTW, a magician moing a three ton object via illusion is far less impressive than someone moving a small object anomalously. But since the only way to find out this stuff is real is to test it out for yourself, you might never find out what is possible and what isn't.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

I've seen others that were more convincing.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join