It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to see Something That's Just Wierd ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I kind of know this is not the most appropriate place to post this video.

I just could not find a place for the just plane wierd.

sandstonesquarry.blogspot.com...

There has to be a very simple explaination, but I don't care about that part.

I just thought it was different enough to share.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

Ok...so this guy is putting little bits of styrofoam in a jar on a table.....that is all I see...he also talks about a wheel...what wheel? Really none of it makes any sense to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Add me to your confused list. I think, and only think, he's doing some experiment with static electricity. Looks like a very thin "pyramid" of gold foil suspended on the head of a pin or something, above a container. Inside and outside he places small Styrofoam chips, then the foil starts to rotate.

To me it looks as though the static electrical charge between the outside and inside foam is creating a magnetic field strong enough to move the foil.

I think.

Either way i don't get it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

It seems I should have pointed out the gold leaf "pinwheel" which was on top of a pin mounted in the jar lid.

You did notice something turning "after" the jar was closed onto the lid.

Didn't you ?

That's the part I am referring to as wierd.
edit on 22-8-2011 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
it's an experiment to test PK or Psychokinesis. You rotate the foil on top of the pin using your concentration and energy. The purpose of the vid I think is to figure out how it works as she is using the Styrofoam balls to negate the static(?), the glass jar to negate wind or heat.etc

I used to do this when I was younger but I never bothered to glass it or do the other experiments she is doing so it is interesting that it still rotates

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
somehow he is able to spin the foil "fan?" with his fingers. I guess either from his own bodys heat or something. Kinda cool.. Not sure what the mechanism is, in this experiament

Obviously the few commenters didnt watch whole video, or didnt pay attention.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I've done this but with the "wheel" made out of paper. In my case at least I worked out it was the heat from my hands causing just enough convection "wind" to make the paper spin. If I put my hands in hot water, the wheel would spin faster. If I put them in cold water, it would stop. Putting a jar over it also made it stop.

In this guys case I'd say at a rough guess it's something to do with the electrical charge held in the styrofoam balls. It does appear he can start/stop the wheel by running his fingers around the outside of the jar, so I'm not sure what the relationship is between that and charge in the balls. Maybe it's creating a small vibration which is enough to cause the gold "wheel" to spin

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It seems I should have pointed out the gold leaf "pinwheel" which was on top of a pin mounted in the jar lid.

You did notice something turning "after" the jar was closed onto the lid.

Didn't you ?

That's the part I am referring to as wierd.

It might help if you just said what it is you think is weird.

If you're referring to the fact that he appears to be controlling the turning of the pinwheel via psychokinesis, I don't know that I'd classify that as "weird". I used to do this as a kid in the 60's, it's something my dad taught me. We'd take a pin and push it through cardboard, and then fold a small piece of paper diagonally twice to form a "tent" shape similar to the gold pinwheel in the video. I could turn it, stop it and turn it the opposite direction using my mind, only I didn't move my hands or anything else while doing it like the guy in the video does. Of course I can't do it now that I'm an adult and have been taught such things are impossible, LOL!

edit on 22-8-2011 by SavedOne because: I knew "wierd" looked weird!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Ok...so this guy is putting little bits of styrofoam in a jar on a table.....that is all I see...he also talks about a wheel...what wheel? Really none of it makes any sense to me.

She is doing a psi wheel experiment. Make the psi wheel turn with just the power of your mind. In other words, telekinesis. Those styrofoams are proof that she is not blowing air into the psi wheel. A covered jar means that the wheel is not moved by wind. Try to make a psi wheel yourself and see if you can make it turn.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

the reason for the foam is to cover the little black rc motor but you can still see it in the bottom of the jar. interestingly they only cover the part that's connected to the motor not the whole thing.
edit on 22-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

She is doing a psi wheel experiment. Make the psi wheel turn with just the power of your mind. In other words, telekinesis. Those styrofoams are proof that she is not blowing air into the psi wheel. A covered jar means that the wheel is not moved by wind. Try to make a psi wheel yourself and see if you can make it turn.

Yep.
I made one a few times.Never could get it to turn though.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I suppose this pionts out one more advantage to being raised out in the woods.

I'm so easily entertained.

I had never seen this done in the same manner before.

All the P K work I had ever done was like making water flow UP a waterfall, or lifting railroad cars after a wreck.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Want to see something paranormal?
smphillips.8m.com...
Scroll down to the third picture. Remote-viewed image of string structure of subatomic particle confirmed 98 years later by computer calculations.

Want to see somehting else paranormal?
smphillips.8m.com...

Similar image of object remore-viewed in 1908 and published in 1951 13 years before quarks were conceived in physics appears 60 years later in research article published by Japanese science research institute.

If you want to encounter more paranormal wonders, visit:
smphillips.8m.com...
It will blow your mind away.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I can't see a motor. She's done a bunch of these videos. This one might be a bit more clear. Where's the motor?

[gratuitous self-promotional link removed]
edit on 10/4/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by wavemaker

Yep.
I made one a few times.Never could get it to turn though.

Maybe you just need to keep trying? She keeps posting these things.

edit on 10/4/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: [gratuitous self-promotional link removed]

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Why wouldn't a pk demonstration be appropriate in the paranormal forum?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quirky
reply to post by hdutton

Why wouldn't a pk demonstration be appropriate in the paranormal forum?

I really don't know enough about either subject to know a difference.

I have seen some things which were clearly paranormal, but some of them could have been induced by a strong pk influence.

Does that even make sinse ??
edit on 30-8-2011 by hdutton because: spelling

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I suppose this pionts out one more advantage to being raised out in the woods.

I, too, was raised in the woods ( more or less ) and never created one of these. I should have! Could have killed some time as a child!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Does it make sense that you have seen things that might be evidence of PK? I don't have any problems with that. There is a lot of literature out there dcoumenting such cases. Parapsychologist William Roll has written a number of books on the subject.

I guess if you are unsure about whether or not this demonstration indicates PK you might wonder where to post it, but I think anything surrounded by so much uncertainty would probably be right at home in a paranormal studies forum.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DorianSoran

Very true!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join