It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there is so much pee in the water nowadays...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
okay, so just say the average human urinates 1 liter per day... en.wikipedia.org...
and there are an estimated 6.94 billion people on earth today... en.wikipedia.org...
and there is around 326 million trillion gallons of water on the planet... science.howstuffworks.com...

and i fully understand that urine is not toxic

Urine is not toxic.[7] However, being a waste product, it does contain compounds undesirable to the body and can be irritating to skin and eyes. After suitable processing (as is done, for example, on the International Space Station), it is possible to extract potable water from urine for drinking.

yuck!

but would anyone want to do the math equation to show how much urine there is produced compared to water on the planet? i used to do really well in math, some 15 years ago in high school, but i can't really bear anything other than geometry (because it easily relates to golf and pool), so i am not sure of the conversions, and what nots...

anyways, i also understand all of the filtration devices strewn across this planet, but still... i smoke so i know how much a filter really assists in stopping that which you don't want to ingest...

also, there is this thread, www.abovetopsecret.com... which i haven't read all the way through, but i did notice they drained 8 million gallons of water for approximately 1 liter of urine??

highly questionable anymore as to how 'healthy' water is... and of course i drink water, and of course there is water in every drinking substance here, but i don't even know what got me on to this, but it is certainly proof this planet is over-populated...

and yes i also understand it is essential for life, but come on! i guess i'm just getting at the point that we are quickly over-using this planet, mother earth should be pissed... no pun intended

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You drink the water, you excrete the water...it goes back into the system to be reused. The water never leaves the planet....we are a closed system.

You drink someones old pee every single day, it has been recycled many many times....millions of times

Dont think about it too much hahah

edit on 22-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
buy a berkey, i urinate in mine every day and get clean drinking water out the other end...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

i know and i agree... i just wonder how much better water tasted when there was say only a million people on the entire planet... bet no one had to use filtration back then, or very little of it, someone peed in the stream, then you just traveled upstream!

but i know, i don't know why it's been stuck in my head for days... guess my stepson brought it to my attention when he said he really didn't like the way dasani water tasted, and i agree with him... out of all the bottled waters out there, i would have to say fiji water tastes the best to me, just the crispest, again, i know it's just water, but the source does account for something...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

there is so much pee in the water nowadays

I really had to stop and think about this reply. I mean, there's just not that many OPs here that approach the subject of human fluid waste. In fact, there's not that many secondary comments that talk about it either. It's like... unless you walk into the men's room at a gas station along the interstate, you just don't give that much consideration to the sum of pee gushing about.

But more than anything, I am really, really grateful that I managed to get my second cup of coffee in before I saw this thread. Know why?

Nah, never mind

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Better drink my own piss

edit on 22-8-2011 by Silend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 22-8-2011 by Silend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro

i know and i agree... i just wonder how much better water tasted when there was say only a million people on the entire planet... bet no one had to use filtration back then, or very little of it, someone peed in the stream, then you just traveled upstream!

but i know, i don't know why it's been stuck in my head for days... guess my stepson brought it to my attention when he said he really didn't like the way dasani water tasted, and i agree with him... out of all the bottled waters out there, i would have to say fiji water tastes the best to me, just the crispest, again, i know it's just water, but the source does account for something...

It should taste the same....our planet has a wonderful filtration system

You do know bottles water is a scam? EVIAN - NAIVE lol they even put it on the bottle

By the time they have filtered out all the particulates its no better for you....its probably worse for you than normal tap water.

edit on 22-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

terrific! that's the kind of response we need this monday mourning !!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

yes, but i failed to see fiji in that first video... anyhoo, water at a sewage treatment plant, and water from the side of a glacier in the arctic, i highly doubt they will taste the same, but yes i am aware of the bottled water scam... but again, you would have to admit your tap water doesn't taste the same as evian, or dasani or whatever, there is a distinct taste difference... and dasani is owned by coca-cola, who constantly ravage small water locations and destroy the way people live in relation to said water sources.
but i do understand, water is water right? i must say i do purchase special water for my 5 month old daughter, that supposedly has a flouride concentration in it, which her pediatrician said would be good for her bones and teeth... i do understand most bottled water companies do drain all the good stuff out of the water

... yeah and just watched that second video, scares me even more... thank you for that

edit on 22-8-2011 by schitzoandro because: add

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

No idea what one of those is but what a waste. Diluted 5 or 10 to 1 pee is an excellent garden fertiliser, and keeps compost heaps going.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

i must say i do purchase special water for my 5 month old daughter, that supposedly has a flouride concentration in it, which her pediatrician said would be good for her bones and teeth

I think my friend you should enlighten yourself. Fluoride is a waste poison that they have foisted on us in one huge scam. It won't take you long to Google may many reasons why you should NOT under any circumstances give your child fluoride.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

E-Gads, quit with the toxic fluoride water. I wish I bookmarked the article that said water companies were going to reduce the fluoride in water for health. It is a poisonous, highly toxic, waste product. It is only semi-safe if applied to teeth on the outside. Once it gets in the body, it actually does the opposite of the health claims.

Please google it. For now:

www.holisticmed.com...

Recent independent research by scientists not associated with dental trade organizations has shown the following:
1) Neurotoxic and Lowers IQ ... Offspring of pregnant animals receiving relatively low doses of fluoride showed permanent effects to the brain which were seen as hyperactivity (ADD-like symptoms). ... Two new epidemiological studies (linked in article) which tend to confirm fluoride's neurotoxic effects on the brain have shown that children exposed to higher levels of fluoride had lower IQs.

2) A study published in Brain Research shows that rats drinking only 1 part per million fluoride (NaF) in water had histologic lesions in their brain similar to Alzheimer's disease and dementia.

3) Causes Cancer
4) Changes Bone Structure and Strength ... fluoridation leads to increases in hip fractures.
5) Causes Birth Defects and Perinatal Deaths
6) Proven Ineffective
7)Impairs Immune System
8) Causes Acute Adverse Reactions
9) Causes Initial Stages of Skeletal Fluorosis
10) Fluoride Causes Osteoarthritis
11) Banned in Many Countries

This site lists 19 reasons in total with explaniations about every reason given. Along with articles to more information.

Also check out www.fluoridealert.org.... Make sure you get into the history.

Your daughter will get more than enough fluoride in her life without giving her extra.

I went from a water system that had no extra fluoride, my teeth were not that bad. Then I moved to were the water system had fluoride in the water, and my teeth got very bad. I was taking care of them like before. I still feel like if that extra fluoride wasn't in the water, I would not have had to get two teeth pulled, and 4 root canals.

My daughters teeth did the same also. They were good before we moved, and they turned bad needing to have cavities removed afterward. My husband was probablly the smartest. He stayed away from everything fluoride. He'd drink milk instead of water, brushed his teeth without toothpaste, and etc. All he ever had at the dentist was one time more in-depth teeth cleaning than normal.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Ever heard of placebo? My tap water tastes the same as bottle water.
Any water I drink tastes the exact same. The only difference that alters the taste if the pipe it's carried in.
Water is water, get over it.

You also mentioned that water when the earth only had a million people probably tasted better. The water back then was riddled with diseases. They didn't treat the water. I mean hey if you want to go back to those ages and drink disease filled water then be my guest.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

i must say i do purchase special water for my 5 month old daughter, that supposedly has a flouride concentration in it, which her pediatrician said would be good for her bones and teeth

I think my friend you should enlighten yourself. Fluoride is a waste poison that they have foisted on us in one huge scam. It won't take you long to Google may many reasons why you should NOT under any circumstances give your child fluoride.

wow if my doctor told me or my kids to take extra flouride for my good health i would be seriously questioning his abilty to and want to be improving my health.....time for a new doctor me thinks

peace

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

why would a pediatrician who has practiced since i was a child say that? i am not arguing with you, i am wanting to know why a ped would say that...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

I grew up in the country where we drank well water. No teeth problems outside of the occasional cavity that kids get here and there. My nieces grew up in the city and drank tap water and those girls had funny colored teeth and issues from when they were toddlers. The doctor said it was from antibiotics but I don't know...my kids have had antibiotics for ear infections when they were little but no funky colored teeth for them. I love my well water; tastes great.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Meh!

I don't even want to think about this.
Somethings should be left unspoken

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro
reply to post by PuterMan

why would a pediatrician who has practiced since i was a child say that? i am not arguing with you, i am wanting to know why a ped would say that...

You just answered your own question...because he has been practicing since YOU where a child..i mean please please just do your own research...you are not a sheep, just because a doc is telling you its safe doesnt mean you should do it...

There are SO many reports as to how dangerous fluoride is, yet you have NEVER been introduced to any?

I'm not trying to be rude, its just your ignorance hurts for me to encounter because you exemplify the majority of this nation...you just have no clue as to what is good for you or your family and its sort of terrifying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join