It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Shoe bomber' sues over prison conditions (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Remember Richard Reid, the shoe bomber who tried to blow up that flight 3 months after the 9/11?
He is trying to sue (or has? I'm not sure from the way the article is written) the prison authorities for imposing harsh conditions..
Personally I think he should count himself lucky, and seeing as he was going to blow himself up anyway - what interest does he have in life?

www.cnn.com
DENVER, Colorado (Reuters) -- "Shoe bomber" Richard Reid has sued U.S. prison authorities for imposing harsh conditions including isolation and a lack of access to Arabic language religious books.

Reid is serving a life sentence for attempting to use explosives in his shoes to blow up an American Airlines flight from Paris to Miami three months after the September 11 attacks.

Reid, a British citizen, wants a judge to order prison authorities to give him "the same rights and privileges as other inmates held in this prison."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think they have a very valid point in restricting he's access to communications and information. He could help contibute to an act of terrorism even from his cell given a chance.

What's everyone elses opinion on this? Do you think he should have more rights or is he getting less than what he deserves?

[edit on 20-8-2004 by AgentSmith]

join