It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Layton dies after struggle with cancer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jmore08

The man dies. And on his death bed relays a campaign message. It's is bad political taste. Screwing with emotions over political views and agendas. I'd expect something like that from the Liberals but Layton was a far better leader of the opposition than his poor judgment or former party's judgment displayed yesterday.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmore08
reply to post by jmore08

The man dies. And on his death bed relays a campaign message. It's is bad political taste. Screwing with emotions over political views and agendas. I'd expect something like that from the Liberals but Layton was a far better leader of the opposition than his poor judgment or former party's judgment displayed yesterday.

Oh pshaww...here's a more reasoned response, courtesy of This Hour has 22 Minutes:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I don't know who can fill his shoes. No one comes to mind.

...seems cancer will replace plane crashes as the top killer of good politicians.

R.I.P. Jack. Hope you meet up with Wellstone.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmore08
reply to post by jmore08

Gee wizz guy have you ever felt passionate about anything? Jack seen a future for Canada it was always a dream of Layton's to see a Canada draped in orange whats wrong with that? He was a very passionate man about Canada and its future. Politic was Jacks life. And on his death bed he made that a point to see his dream a reality whats wrong with that? All Jack ever wanted was to make a Canada where the average Canadian mattered. He seen all the injustices done to the average Canadian in this country and spoke about it. How many politicians think about the little guy like he did? Or thought about how the Conservatives favor the rich over the poor and then spoke out about it.

People need to lay off Jack he was truly a great Canadian. So all the trolls here go start an anti Jack Layton thread or something and see how popular it becomes since he JUST died. Personally I find it in extremely bad taste to be downing a man that just died and its very disrespectful. How would you like it if I went to one of your relatives funeral and only had bad things to say about him in the eulogy. So all the trolls find an orange heart just for this moment and say something good instead.

May god be with you Jack Rest in peace. Jack had a big orange heart for Canada.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on 23-8-2011 by enament because: dbl post.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by brill

I can respect that opinion. Jack was unproven as a Prim Minister and its too bad we will never find out what kind of leader he really could have been.Jack may have seemed like he would spend spend spend but he did want to tax the rich and corporations more and redistribute the wealth.

I often think about how Obama was thought to be the savior of the US that didn't turn out so well for them. Yes jack had some big ideas too bad we will never find out what kind of PM he could have been. Jack Layton was Stephen Harper's biggest thorn in his side.Will we ever find another thorn like Jack..

That's a good comparison, really good actually. He may have been unproven on the grand platform but he certainly worked his way up I'll give him that. 95% of voters wants wealth redistribution and all politicians will sell that belief. Honestly I don't think, and we'll never know, if he would have accomplished that goal. Its ambitious and unfortunately counters how this crappy world works at times. Ron Paul is another example.

Thanks for your post.

brill

Thanks. Jack really did pioneer the topic of the little guy to the point where his platform was copied by many partys in Canada. Other parties seen how popular he was becoming with the average Canadian and copied his platform. So in a way Jack does live on and he did change politics here in Canada for the better his legacy does live on.

Canada would be a dark place today if the NDP hadn't put a stop to a lot of the bills the Conservatives and Liberals wanted to pass. People shouldn't forget that.

edit on 23-8-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well if you put it that way, I really hope he chose to believe in truth and life after death, living for eternity with our Heavenly Father Yahuwah, because if he didnt, I feel very sad where he went instead.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Came across this and thought it was a good editorial / eulogy.

A Rare Bird Indeed. Honesty and Integrity Chin Deep in the Grime of Politics. A Final Farewell. Last bit of Inspiration. Who is the Left’s Next Superman? God’s Speed Jack. | titianmind

As all of you, I awoke this morning to the news that NDP leader Jack Layton had finally succumb to his long battle with cancer. I was sadden for a couple of reasons. First, because I think we lost a great man who had long championed for the Canadian People, the Canadian Environment and Canada as a whole. His was a voice of compassion, integrity, and intelligence.

He wasn’t scared to take on the big guns of established politics, big corporations, banks or oil and gas. He fought for what he believed and didn’t compromise these beliefs to further his carreer. A rare bird indeed, in these self serving, corrupt and cynical political times. We’ve all heard the John Dalberg-Acton saying “ Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely“. I believe, Jack was one of the few men in the world that this quote doesn’t apply to. Maybe I’m naive, but I have yet to hear of one scandal for personal gain involving Jack or any scandal of any kind.

continue reading

edit on 25-8-2011 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

He woke up from the Illusion, there is no terrifying afterlife in hades, that's a myth
brought on by fear mongering religious controllers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join