It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama : I don't expect another recession

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by Janky Red

I am saying unequivocally that Bush did, verifiably destroy the worlds economy by letting wall street run completely wild... Bush's repeatedly touted that he was not about to interfere with the Market through action and more importantly, inaction.

But Bush did interfere with the market though, with his rapid credit expansion, 1% interest rates, no down payments on home loans, his many stimulus packages and bailouts.

Bush's economic polices dilapidated our economy and Obama is trying to cure the problems caused by government intervention with more forced credit expansion, zero% interest rates and more stimulus packages.

I don't really see your point here.....
edit on 22-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

Bush let the industry create its own policies and did not counterbalance that with reasonable governmental policies. I am mostly talking about the policies that occurred before it became apparent in the market
on Sept 15th 2008 when he had less than half a year in office, but another year until the new fiscal year.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So... is Obama totally retarded or a lying bastard? Your choice America.

Um, BOTH!!!

Sadly, there was a fairly large contingent of us saying that BEFORE this loser was elected. Now it's becoming fairly obvious to the blind masses.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I think this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

says it all

PERRY 12'!!!

FOUR FREEDOMS!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Bush let the industry create its own policies and did not counterbalance that with reasonable governmental policies.

What polices did he let them create? Bush stated himself: ``I want everyone to own a home, it's the American dream``. Or something like that.

I am mostly talking about the policies that occurred before it became apparent in the market on Sept 15th 2008 when he had less than half a year in office, but another year until the new fiscal year.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Greenspan & Bush started their credit expansion, stimulus packages, etc in 2001.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have to agree with what OKS has said. As President, Obama cannot say that we are about to get nailed again and worse than before, because it would only make things worse much more quickly. So he has to lie, cheat, steal....all the things he learned to do in order to become a lawyer and politician in the first place.

The DOW as a reflection of the economy: yes and no. The DOW (when adjusted for bubbles) is a reflection of investor confidence. Which is comfortable wealth building with medium risk. The problem with the DOW is that a very, very, very large bubble exists that feeds into false confidence. I am of course talking about 401K investments.

Traditionally, before Nixon ended the Gold Standard, retirement was personal savings and company pension by either the company or the worker's union and in some cases both. Now that 401K's are the norm, there is more "investor capitol" in the market than there should be traditionally.

This is of course partially why Reaganomics worked so well at the time. The 80's were the rise of the 401K, even Clinton benefited from the inflated market as it first broke 10,000.

But let us not kid ourselves for one second as to why this is like this. In any game of chance, your winnings are determined by other people's losses. The better you can tactfully apply raises to the pot to bluff your confidence in your hand (a royal flush for example) the likelihood of you suckering those holding two pair into calling and thus increasing your winnings.

Now insider trading is punishable with fines and jail time, yet how many in DC have stock in HBR when voting on government supply contracts? I mean if I had $100,000 to invest and was about to vote on a $20 Billion contract wouldn't I go "all in" on the one that it was to be awarded to? And wouldn't that be considered insider information? Or stacking the deck to keep with the poker terms.

In all honesty, the only reasons that the market did not completely collapse is that 401K accounts were locked by many of the investor firms. You were not allowed to restructure your investments nor withdraw you accounts despite losing nearly half of the account virtually overnight. The second reason is that the banks and investment firms took all the TARP and second (and third) round of bailouts and bought every bit of under priced stock they could find such as Ford at $2 a share in Jan 2009. The bulk of that money was to sweeten the pot that is the DOW in order to sucker bet the people back into the market. It has worked up until now with these multiple 500pt loss days. Again, this is market correction at work.

But until the artificial influences (bailout investments and 401K's and perhaps even a return to the Gold Standard) are out of the market; the DOW isn't a true gauge for anything notable. Consumer confidence and Employment rates are the only real indicators to the economic health of the country and frankly, we need the defibrillator paddles before the doctor has to sign the death certificate. Because the people out of work and stuck with taken low wage jobs is not cutting it. And eventually unemployment will run out as the US cannot keep finding lenders to feed and clothe those without jobs. Raising taxes or minimum wage is pointless as you will just have to raise benefits.

Really the only thing left for the government to do is revoke business licenses to companies that are not hiring in the US. But considering it is those same companies that finance their campaigns...well, biting the hand that feeds you is never a good idea. Until we have some people running for office that have no desire to remain in office, we are very much up the creek without a paddle.

As for Obama being a lifeline for America...frayed knot, comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Obama's next State of the Union Address. . . . .

*Jedi mind wave*
"This is NOT the recession you've been looking for."

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Obama and his handlers spout such garbage, I find it incredible that anyone would believe this (certainly not saying the OP does) after all the lies and broken promises (campaign and otherwise). But in a way, the Obamanator is telling the truth - Go directly to Depression, don't collect $200 Dollars (since the banks will take everything) and there is no Get Out Of Depression Free Card.

I wonder when the 87% of the population that are not critical thinkers will wake up and smell the laundry?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Bush set the pins up and Obama is knocking them down.

This is all apart of the game, and most of you are being conned by engaging in this partisan nonsense.

The Republicans and the Democrats are aiding the elites in robbing us blind, subjecting us to debt slavery, and imposing 3rd world conditions on the populace of the United States

Wake the hell up. Half of you arguing over who did what sound foolish. THEY'RE ALL IN ON IT

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
Bush set the pins up and Obama is knocking them down.

This is all apart of the game, and most of you are being conned by engaging in this partisan nonsense.

The Republicans and the Democrats are aiding the elites in robbing us blind, subjecting us to debt slavery, and imposing 3rd world conditions on the populace of the United States

Wake the hell up. Half of you arguing over who did what sound foolish. THEY'RE ALL IN ON IT

Exactly!!!!!

A pretend pissing match to delude the masses into believing there's actual battle going on and all the while their oblivious to the rather loud slurp-suck-burp sound coming from their wallets.

The quintessential con . . .

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
what obama has expecte and what really is aint never been one in the same

hes living in a deam world thinking government can make everything better.

simple fact is hes part of the problem government has never solved any issue but only to compound it and make new ones.

quite franky i am going with the ops number 2 hes a lying b******.

this is what you get when you elect idiots to office.

and there are too many that need fired.

the potus is a start and then move right along down the line.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

this is what you get when you elect idiots to office.

and there are too many that need fired.

the potus is a start and then move right along down the line.

Yup

Thats why all of you guys should stop voting

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by GoalPoster

No matter how much The Prez tries to convince the huddled masses that everything's going to be OK . . . many of us realize it ain't!

Honestly . . . just a flesh wound!!!

Well you are a prime example of the primary problem...

The economy and wether or not it booms is tied to the way people feel

The fact is, it is going to be OK

This country has been through much worse.

You cannot expect reverse the culmination of 8 years of crazy overnight

People such as I represent the problem????

Sorry, but I must respectfully and humbly disagree. I would much rather have somebody come out and say, Hell, we're trying the best we can, but it looks like we're gonna get our arses whupped again for a while but if we stay the course and stop spending what we don't have and promising the world to people who always want more more more, well it will get better in time.

Unfortunately, we don't get that rather the same old tried and true line of We're doin' fine and there's no more ass kickin' coming just a few blips on the radar, is all

This is what happens when you put blind faith in hollow words . . . it leads to this kind of lunacy!

Then this kind of thing happens and the vortex yoinks the whole mess further down the American Standard.

So, until we all get real honest about this dung heap we're mired in, well continue to have subprime mortgages, Bank of America scenarios, credit crunches, deficits, economic turmoil and the like along with the uncertainty and the perpetual gut rot one gets from waiting for the next big explosion.

But, the cool thing is that its a free world and if thats what you want from life, go for it.

Me . . . I'm layin' back waiting for it to settle out and I'm definitely not bellyin' up to the Kool Aid dispenser just to get some politician elected on a house of cards.

edit on 22-8-2011 by GoalPoster because: added linkamajiggy

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by CherubBaby

If things are so good, why is the economy and the debt as well as the unemployment the way it is? Are we all suffering from mass delusions or are you making a case for "Your City" being the model that only counts???

It is not "so good"... But it can be much worse

The DOW hit 6,300 and we were losing half a million jobs in a month at a time

Now the Dow is @ 10,800 and we are gaining some small portion back

IF you weighed 400 pounds, do you expect that you could be 180LBS after 1 year of Diet and exercise? NO

My city is very relevant because it is the most populace county in the nation, if my city is doing good, soon your
locale will be doing good, there isn't a wall between us you know.

Just look at your own numbers. The DOW hit 6,300 after obama won the election, not before( Yes, granted we were on the way down before, but it was after the election we were on the rocket sled down). That should've been a sure sign that wallstreet has no faith in his leadership ability, they knew he would do nothing for this country once he took office. And with the bounce back in the DOW? That was inspite of obama not because of obama.

Are you kidding me???

Obama's policies did not take effect until Sept of 2009

Yeah and what did the business community have to go on for forecasting in 2007/8 campaign cycle? Lets see if candiate"A" wins: we can expect:Uhm... " hope and change" and" fundamentally changing America"...

"CFO:"Eh boss what the hell does that mean ?""and the benefits people say there's talk of some kind of an insurance penalty thing..."
"CEO": "Beats me kid; but I need profit and loss projections for next year by Thursday.".

Stability and consistency allow people to estimate risk and make decisions accurately.."Uncertainty" is paralyzing.( you don't hire; give raises or better benefits; because if you over pay or otherwise increase your payroll you can't print money to cover the shortfall it comes out of income.or additional loans.)

fiscal year - The fiscal year is the accounting period for the federal government which begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006. Congress passes appropriations legislation to fund the government for every fiscal year.

www.senate.gov...

Do you expect Obama to SAVE you or what?

edit on 22-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yeah, and I don't expect you will be serving a second term as POTUS.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

President Obama insisted the U.S. was not in danger of falling into another recession, but acknowledged in a televised interview aired Sunday that his reelection would hinge on the economy.

No recession? who said it was over? if he sees that there is no recession, then he is acting like those experts in 2008, (there willl be No recession)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Please Mods move this thread to the Jokes Forum.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
the one thing about bush is that he destroyed america and had fun doing it. america may be doomed but texas is laughing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You people are ridiculous.... This website used to be cool before you radical Anti-Obama poster boys got here. "Muahahaha"?! It's like you people WANT another recession just to blame it on Obama, IT IS VERY SCARY. Obama cannot undo 8 years of bad decisions over night. Not to mention the reason we are going into another recession is because Republicans held the government hostage. I see everyone talking about how they recession affected they're community but then wish for one and laugh at it just to push political ideologies. This is people's lives!

.....I wish this website was back to normal.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by vlady95
You people are ridiculous.... This website used to be cool before you radical Anti-Obama poster boys got here. "Muahahaha"?! It's like you people WANT another recession just to blame it on Obama, IT IS VERY SCARY. Obama cannot undo 8 years of bad decisions over night. Not to mention the reason we are going into another recession is because Republicans held the government hostage. I see everyone talking about how they recession affected they're community but then wish for one and laugh at it just to push political ideologies. This is people's lives!

.....I wish this website was back to normal.

You seemed to have over looked that for the last two years of President Bush the Democrates had control of the house and Senate and first two years of obama.
I seem to remember a lot of Bush bashing threads here, but some how obama should be exempt from people speaking out against him? Sounds like a double standard. Bash one/ hands off the other? I don't think so.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join