It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama : I don't expect another recession

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Vitchilo

He is right, Richistan USA is not in a recession and never been in one as long as they have whores in Congress paying with tax payer money their corruption so they can live the rich life they live

Now for the rest of the hard working American recession has been here since 2008, is just that Obama and his friends doesn't walk in our circles to see it and feel it.

edit on 22-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

I am saying Marg it has been worse and it is getting better -

You think it will ever get better with people demanding that it is getting worse?

Many of these dudes on this thread WANT it to get worse simply so they can elect Rick Perry...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

the DOW is a reflection of the economy anyway you slice it.

It certainly is NOT. Ask any economist, even the shills and they'll tell you exactly that.

The DOW is a JOKE... has been for years. The computer algorithms buying and selling and the bogus transactions have shown it thousands of times. Not to mention, corporations in the stock market worth dozens of times more than in reality.

The stock market is only an EMOTION market, nothing else.

Want reality? The CREDIT DEFAULT SWAPS market is closer to reality.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by CherubBaby

If things are so good, why is the economy and the debt as well as the unemployment the way it is? Are we all suffering from mass delusions or are you making a case for "Your City" being the model that only counts???

It is not "so good"... But it can be much worse

The DOW hit 6,300 and we were losing half a million jobs in a month at a time

Now the Dow is @ 10,800 and we are gaining some small portion back

IF you weighed 400 pounds, do you expect that you could be 180LBS after 1 year of Diet and exercise? NO

My city is very relevant because it is the most populace county in the nation, if my city is doing good, soon your
locale will be doing good, there isn't a wall between us you know.

Just look at your own numbers. The DOW hit 6,300 after obama won the election, not before( Yes, granted we were on the way down before, but it was after the election we were on the rocket sled down). That should've been a sure sign that wallstreet has no faith in his leadership ability, they knew he would do nothing for this country once he took office. And with the bounce back in the DOW? That was inspite of obama not because of obama.

Are you kidding me???

Obama's policies did not take effect until Sept of 2009

fiscal year - The fiscal year is the accounting period for the federal government which begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006. Congress passes appropriations legislation to fund the government for every fiscal year.

www.senate.gov...

Do you expect Obama to SAVE you or what?

Shaking head. Know where did I say his polices went into effect. I said (again) that soon as obama was elected that's when the stock market took a nose dive. It was wallstreets reaction to him being elected.
And do I expect obama to save me or what?
I'll take the "Or what". obama could save a paper bag without screwing it up.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If Obama made the statement that he did not expect another recession then its because he knows that even if he managed to be re-elected the recession would not be over during his next term so he is actually telling the truth. Its what he doesnt say i.e. when is the current one likely to end that should trouble the US folk!!! And I doubt beforehand!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The markets Use to be a portrait of how the nations economy health but it has not be like that for decades, the Markets are now globalize, the health of the nations has nothing to do anymore with the Markets.

That is because most of our trading is coming from oversea and most of US industries are either now oversea or get their profits from oversea.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

If things are so good, why is the economy and the debt as well as the unemployment the way it is? Are we all suffering from mass delusions or are you making a case for "Your City" being the model that only counts???

It is not "so good"... But it can be much worse

The DOW hit 6,300 and we were losing half a million jobs in a month at a time

Now the Dow is @ 10,800 and we are gaining some small portion back

IF you weighed 400 pounds, do you expect that you could be 180LBS after 1 year of Diet and exercise? NO

My city is very relevant because it is the most populace county in the nation, if my city is doing good, soon your
locale will be doing good, there isn't a wall between us you know.

Just look at your own numbers. The DOW hit 6,300 after obama won the election, not before( Yes, granted we were on the way down before, but it was after the election we were on the rocket sled down). That should've been a sure sign that wallstreet has no faith in his leadership ability, they knew he would do nothing for this country once he took office. And with the bounce back in the DOW? That was inspite of obama not because of obama.

Are you kidding me???

Obama's policies did not take effect until Sept of 2009

fiscal year - The fiscal year is the accounting period for the federal government which begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006. Congress passes appropriations legislation to fund the government for every fiscal year.

www.senate.gov...

Do you expect Obama to SAVE you or what?

Shaking head. Know where did I say his polices went into effect. I said (again) that soon as obama was elected that's when the stock market took a nose dive. It was wallstreets reaction to him being elected.
And do I expect obama to save me or what?
I'll take the "Or what". obama could save a paper bag without screwing it up.

Clearly you want Obama to come and Rescue you

The Stock Market took a dive during the summer of 2008 and did not stop, but I bet you miss Bush
a whole lot cause he had swagger and he could fawk you from fifty paces without fail!

This is why you should stop voting

Remember when Bush hid away from the cameras???

For months

That was awesome!!!

I remember

PERRY 12'!!!

BUSH III

YEE HAW!

edit on 22-8-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The markets Use to be a portrait of how the nations economy health but it has not be like that for decades, the Markets are now globalize, the health of the nations has nothing to do anymore with the Markets.

That is because most of our trading is coming from oversea and most of US industries are either now oversea or get their profits from oversea.

The stock I have been in for years is going to open 32 new stores in 2012 -

In turn the company is hiring

The stock price reflects this fully

The company has stores is over 25 states which will benefit those locales by providing jobs

Are you saying otherwise Marg?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

the DOW is a reflection of the economy anyway you slice it.

It certainly is NOT. Ask any economist, even the shills and they'll tell you exactly that.

The DOW is a JOKE... has been for years. The computer algorithms buying and selling and the bogus transactions have shown it thousands of times. Not to mention, corporations in the stock market worth dozens of times more than in reality.

The stock market is only an EMOTION market, nothing else.

Want reality? The CREDIT DEFAULT SWAPS market is closer to reality.

Like the EMOTION many of you have in wanting this president to loose at any cost.

The economy is intrinsically linked to emotion, at the fooking hip

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

So... is Obama totally retarded or a lying bastard? Your choice America.

I'm going to go with both.

Any 5th grader can see that Obama's economic plan, and his 2+2= "What ever the hell I want it to" yelled Obama the Man child. is incorrect.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

No matter how much The Prez tries to convince the huddled masses that everything's going to be OK . . . many of us realize it ain't!

Honestly . . . just a flesh wound!!!

Well you are a prime example of the primary problem...

The economy and wether or not it booms is tied to the way people feel

The fact is, it is going to be OK

This country has been through much worse.

You cannot expect reverse the culmination of 8 years of crazy overnight

Give it a rest already.

In one hand, you excoriate Bush and his economic standard as being the rue of the financial standards, then when Obama holds the cards, it is just the mood of the people. Really?

Which is it?

The Govt has about a 65% play in the deal, while the public holds the remaining.
But, when the people are uncertain of rising taxes, costs, inflation and job uncertainty, then the Govt and Lord Obama is at fault.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

No matter how much The Prez tries to convince the huddled masses that everything's going to be OK . . . many of us realize it ain't!

Give it a rest already.

In one hand, you excoriate Bush and his economic standard as being the rue of the financial standards, then when Obama holds the cards, it is just the mood of the people. Really?

Which is it?

The Govt has about a 65% play in the deal, while the public holds the remaining.
But, when the people are uncertain of rising taxes, costs, inflation and job uncertainty, then the Govt and Lord Obama is at fault.

Lord Obama??? Do you pray to him too? you wingers are strange...

I am saying unequivocally that Bush did, verifiably destroy the worlds economy by letting wall street
run completely wild... Bush's repeatedly touted that he was not about to interfere with the Market through
action and more importantly, inaction.

The bleeding is stemmed, the economy is not in critical condition as it was, it is not. No amount of
you anti yer savior feelings can change the fact that this economy is poised to launch soon enough.
It is cyclical, it will naturally start moving in the right direction, with or without Obama...

How come you anti government folks are so obsessed with having the government fix the economy
in the first place???

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Give it a rest already.

Which is it?

Lord Obama??? Do you pray to him too? you wingers are strange...

I am saying unequivocally that Bush did, verifiably destroy the worlds economy by letting wall street
run completely wild... Bush's repeatedly touted that he was not about to interfere with the Market through
action and more importantly, inaction.

The bleeding is stemmed, the economy is not in critical condition as it was, it is not. No amount of
you anti yer savior feelings can change the fact that this economy is poised to launch soon enough.
It is cyclical, it will naturally start moving in the right direction, with or without Obama...

How come you anti government folks are so obsessed with having the government fix the economy
in the first place???

Lord Obama is stated as such that most followers of him, and the Rah-rah folks treat him like some sort of god.

No, I do not want the Govt stepping in. They are the reason we are in this position in the first place.
I am not denying that Bush sold us out, but it is either the fault of the Govt when Bush and Obama are in, or it is the fault of the purchasing public when Bush and Obama are in.
To state it was Bush's fault during his reign, but then to turn around and say it is merely John Q Public's fault while Cesar Obama rules is a joke.

Reminds of the famous quote from every Liberal, "Well, that's different".

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Regularly taking vacations in the ultra-wealthy community of Martha's Vineyard on his and hers private jets, riding around in custom made multi-million-dollar buses, going on lavish, extremely expensive overseas trips, regularly having private parties with the uber-elite and celebrities and much more stuff... Is it any wonder that the President can't expect another recession?

He can't even see the one we are in now.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Regularly taking vacations in the ultra-wealthy community of Martha's Vineyard on his and hers private jets, riding around in custom made multi-million-dollar buses, going on lavish, extremely expensive overseas trips, regularly having private parties with the uber-elite and celebrities and much more stuff... Is it any wonder that the President can't expect another recession?

He can't even see the one we are in now.

Yep.

Let them eat cake comes to mind.

Don't forget all the dolts around him kissing his butt telling him what a great job he is doing.

I am not surprised.

But, that is on the concept that he would care.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I am saying unequivocally that Bush did, verifiably destroy the worlds economy by letting wall street run completely wild... Bush's repeatedly touted that he was not about to interfere with the Market through action and more importantly, inaction.

But Bush did interfere with the market though, with his rapid credit expansion, 1% interest rates, no down payments on home loans, his many stimulus packages and bailouts.

Bush's economic polices dilapidated our economy and Obama is trying to cure the problems caused by government intervention with more forced credit expansion, zero% interest rates and more stimulus packages.

I don't really see your point here.....
edit on 22-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ummm....Obama doesn't live in ATS land where the cool thing to do is fear monger.

He is the President, it is his job to reassure people. Even if he thinks there is a good chance for another recession, the last thing he should do is come out and say it. It would throw people and investors into a panic.

And if he did come out and say something like that...can you imagine the threads on ATS saying how stupid he was for saying that

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yes you are right, is still companies that are betting on the US workers, they still provide work and keep the profits in the US, I applaud them for that.

But, is also many more companies that are US base but the operations has been moved oversea, they get no only incentives, they get tax right outs and do not need to hired in the US.

Also is many other companies that while having operations oversea they also keep operations in a small scale in the US but rather than hiring Americans they support work visas to bring the workers from the countries where they keep their majority of their operations, hindering the work force in the US.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

And further more, have you not learned your lesson on assuming what I believe in our what "party" I back.

Your magic 8ball is always wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

The problem with Obama is that he is only "trying" but failing miserably because he is not strong enough to stand up to the powers running rampant within our congress whores for that I have lost faith on him.

He is not strong enough.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Obama should also expect that he won't be serving another term as president of the united states.

What a stammering, stuttering, worthless jackass

edit on 22-8-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join