It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama : I don't expect another recession

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Mwahahahahaa.

Obama doesn't expect another recession

The president does say in a CBS News interview that the country is in danger of not recovering fast enough and acknowledges his reelection depends on the economy.

Reporting from Washington—
President Obama insisted the U.S. was not in danger of falling into another recession, but acknowledged in a televised interview aired Sunday that his reelection would hinge on the economy.

So... is Obama totally retarded or a lying bastard? Your choice America.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
He's been drinking that rich water on martha's vineyard...maybe he should (and congress) should come off their "vacations" and get the h$ll to work!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Bla, bla, bla I am POTUS and I say everything is fine, yada, yada, yada, there is no debt only too much money, bla, bla, bla ...

Does anybody really take this guy serious anymore?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Well each American is 42,000 dollars approx in debt due to the 14+trillion that The US is responsible for. I would call that more than a recession!! Thank you for the thread..

PS I think lying Bastar_ fits

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Reminds me of the Monty Pyton sketch about the knight trying to cross a bridge, getting his limbs lopped off one by one and professing . . . It's only a flesh wound.

No matter how much The Prez tries to convince the huddled masses that everything's going to be OK . . . many of us realize it ain't!

Honestly . . . just a flesh wound!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm thinking he has no clue what is actually going on this country. Which scares me really. How can you be THAT clueless? Are none of his "people" telling him anything?

And how can we have "another" if we aren't out of this one?
edit on 22-8-2011 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I guess you guys forgot what it was like in 08-09???

We are not losing 500,000 jobs a month and things are moving in the right direction, more or less.

My city has gotten to be extremely busy

I think many of you quietly want a bad economy so that you can feel vindicated through your political
outlook.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

No matter how much The Prez tries to convince the huddled masses that everything's going to be OK . . . many of us realize it ain't!

Honestly . . . just a flesh wound!!!

Well you are a prime example of the primary problem...

The economy and wether or not it booms is tied to the way people feel

The fact is, it is going to be OK

This country has been through much worse.

You cannot expect reverse the culmination of 8 years of crazy overnight

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

If things are so good, why is the economy and the debt as well as the unemployment the way it is? Are we all suffering from mass delusions or are you making a case for "Your City" being the model that only counts???

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

We are not losing 500,000 jobs a month and things are moving in the right direction, more or less.

I think many of you quietly want a bad economy so that you can feel vindicated through your political
outlook.

Yeah: it's only 408,000 new unemployment claims every month...
I don't know how things are where you live:
the small lumber yard in town closed for good after 70 years running!
The ice cream shop across the street from where I work has shut down for good( building is up for sale) couldn't sell ice cream in August.
The small motorcycle shop I work for is selling fewer than one bike every couple of weeks we are closing at the end of the month. and doing painting and needed building repairs.reopening for a 3 days a week schedule is up for discussion right now. It "sux" bad. here;and Wisconsin was supposed to be one of the"bright" spots in the economy...

edit on 22-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

He's probably right

Whether or not there is a recession is immaterial. The politicians use the technical definition of recession, 2 consecutive quarters of negative economic growth when talking about a recession. The challenge today is that Obama's failed economic policys have created an economy that will grow less than 1 percent for the forseeable future.

That level of economic growth will not have a material impact on the lives of people. Unemployment won't get any better, the nation's debt will continue to grow, we will fail to put in place structural fiscal reforms, banks will continue to struggle with many small banks going under, corporations and banks will still sit on trillions of dollars that they are either afraid to or unwilling to spend, people will continue to lose their homes, businessess will continue to shut down, inflation will continue to grow.

But good for the administration, we won't be in a recession.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

If things are so good, why is the economy and the debt as well as the unemployment the way it is? Are we all suffering from mass delusions or are you making a case for "Your City" being the model that only counts???

It is not "so good"... But it can be much worse

The DOW hit 6,300 and we were losing half a million jobs in a month at a time

Now the Dow is @ 10,800 and we are gaining some small portion back

IF you weighed 400 pounds, do you expect that you could be 180LBS after 1 year of Diet and exercise? NO

My city is very relevant because it is the most populace county in the nation, if my city is doing good, soon your
locale will be doing good, there isn't a wall between us you know.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
In a way Obama is right, at the rate Bernanke is printing money an inflationary economic recovery is to be expected. The only problem is that this type of recovery can only last for a short period of time, eventually they will have to deal with the horrible side effects of inflation.

When that happens though, the economy will come tumbling down.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

IF you weighed 400 pounds, do you expect that you could be 180LBS after 1 year of Diet and exercise? NO

My city is very relevant because it is the most populace county in the nation, if my city is doing good, soon your

Just look at your own numbers. The DOW hit 6,300 after obama won the election, not before( Yes, granted we were on the way down before, but it was after the election we were on the rocket sled down). That should've been a sure sign that wallstreet has no faith in his leadership ability, they knew he would do nothing for this country once he took office. And with the bounce back in the DOW? That was inspite of obama not because of obama.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

outlook.

Yeah: it's only 408,000 new unemployment claims every month...
I don't know how things are where you live:
the small lumber yard in town closed for good after 70 years running!
The ice cream shop across the street from where I work has shut down for good( building is up for sale) couldn't sell ice cream in August.
The small motorcycle shop I work for is selling fewer than one bike every couple of weeks we are closing at the end of the month. and doing painting and needed building repairs.reopening for a 3 days a week schedule is up in for discussion right now. It "sux" bad. here;and Wisconsin was supposed to be one of the"bright" spots in the economy...

It is slow going, but it is going

www.pe.com...

I am sorry it is bad there

The lots here are fuller than I have ever seen in a long time...

Two days in a row, I had to circle the several lot several times to find a spot at the local super market.

Come to think of it the shopping center was packed too (went to Blockbuster)

I am going by what I am seeing here

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Maybe you don't know that... but the DOW isn't a reflection of the economy and has been manipulated heavily by the FED.

And about those ``half a million job lost``... guess what pal, there's 400k+ jobs lost every month... and you'll be surprised in 2 weeks when a 700k+ jobs lost in August comes out.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Mwahahahahaa.

Obama doesn't expect another recession

The president does say in a CBS News interview that the country is in danger of not recovering fast enough and acknowledges his reelection depends on the economy.

Reporting from Washington—
President Obama insisted the U.S. was not in danger of falling into another recession, but acknowledged in a televised interview aired Sunday that his reelection would hinge on the economy.

So... is Obama totally retarded or a lying bastard? Your choice America.

Hmmm, tough choice. I'd say a lot from both.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Just look at your own numbers. The DOW hit 6,300 after obama won the election, not before( Yes, granted we were on the way down before, but it was after the election we were on the rocket sled down). That should've been a sure sign that wallstreet has no faith in his leadership ability, they knew he would do nothing for this country once he took office. And with the bounce back in the DOW? That was inspite of obama not because of obama.

Are you kidding me???

Obama's policies did not take effect until Sept of 2009

fiscal year - The fiscal year is the accounting period for the federal government which begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006. Congress passes appropriations legislation to fund the government for every fiscal year.

www.senate.gov...

Do you expect Obama to SAVE you or what?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

He is right, Richistan USA is not in a recession and never been in one as long as they have whores in Congress paying with tax payer money their corruption so they can live the rich life they live

Now for the rest of the hard working American recession has been here since 2008, is just that Obama and his friends doesn't walk in our circles to see it and feel it.

edit on 22-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Maybe you don't know that... but the DOW isn't a reflection of the economy and has been manipulated heavily by the FED.

And about those ``half a million job lost``... guess what pal, there's 400k+ jobs lost every month... and you'll be surprised in 2 weeks when a 700k+ jobs lost in August comes out.

the DOW is a reflection of the economy anyway you slice it.

It represents the cash on hand which is used to spur growth and expansion i.e people invest - to
expand their investment.

guess what pal, there's 400k+ jobs lost every month... and you'll be surprised in 2 weeks when a 700k+ jobs lost in August comes out.

That's your stinky attitude

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join