It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM is preparing us for another war!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
While I'm watching news from Libya i noticed same pattern repeating on almost all mainstream media online portals and TV broadcasts. Here is the pattern:

1) They report new happenings in Libya with clear one sided point of view. Of course they support rebels and NATO.
    2) After news from Libya they mention rebels and unrest in Syria while comparing Syrian and Libyan governments.
    3) They don't say it out loudly but conclusion is pretty simple, Syria = Libya and NATO should help them.

Here is what i am talking about:

1) Sky news repeated daily news few times yesterday evening. And every time they followed above pattern. Unfortunately i can't find this clip now but here are another interesting things on their Website.

World Leaders Say 'Syria President Must Go'

Mideast unrest map Syria is painted red on that map.

The regime in Damascus retains its grip on the country but has been badly shaken by the events of the last few months. Demonstrations have been put down with great brutality and have spread throughout the country. President Bashir al Assad's promises of reforms in the future seem to have had little effect. Large-scale protests continue. But the uprising has yet to reach critical mass - we have not seen hundreds of thousands of people taking to the streets in the two main cities, Damascus and Aleppo.

2) BBC website has headline "Battle rages at Gaddafi compound" and right under it we have new title "Syria government will not fall". Title "Syrian government will not fall" on a sam day that Libyan regime falls + articles are right next to each other. For me its quite obvious comparison between Libyan and Syrian government and we all know why Libyan governement did fall in the end.

Syria unrest: Assad says his government will not fall
    Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has said his government is in no danger of falling, despite months of protests.
    In an interview on state TV, he said the solution in Syria was a political one, but violence should be dealt with firmly by the security forces.
    He said steps were being taken to introduce a multi-party system and elections might be held in February.

Source + screenshot in case they change news soon

3) AlJazeera follows the same pattern again. On right side of webpage we have two big banners. First one is "The fall of Tripoli" and second one is "Syria uprising".

After you click on banner first headline says "Assad warns against foreign intervention".
    Source + screenshot in case they change news soon

4) Hot topics are promoted on The telegraph in this order: Libya, Syria...

And the list goes one but you got the idea of what i am talking about. MSM is pushing Syria as main topic now and they see events playing out same as they did in Libya - NATO intervention.

Personally i don't have an opinion on unrest in Syria and i won't make one soon because i guess i was wrong about Libya. I don't think that war in Libya is over yet but i guess i was wrong when i said that Gaddafi had big support there. Its obvious that rebels have bigger support now. I still stand by what i have said about NATO. They destroyed Libya and they have great interests there (oil of course).

I took quick look at wikipedia page about Economy of Syria:

Export goods : crude oil, minerals, petroleum products, fruits and vegetables, cotton fiber, clothing, meat and live animals, wheat

I think first three export goods might be quite interesting to the west and NATO. So i can see them helping syrian rebels too. Also in last few days we saw news about Israel attacking Syria and vice versa. But if they attack Syria what will Iran do? I don't think they will stand aside and just look at what is happening around their country.

I just hope that one more country WONT get destroyed by our tax money and that local people will find peaceful way to "fix" government.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They most likely are preparing for more wars to keep their warmachine economy oiled. They should listen to RP and start communicating instead of dropping bombs, it could save life’s and the economies around the world.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dario86

MSM is preparing us for another war!?

There is ALWAYS war.

What would be the reason for such preparation?

I cannot remember a time in my life, when I could not flip through the news channels, and find a current ongoing war.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Sad but true. I hope that day will come.
In meantime lets keep eyes open to see their plans before they start happening.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I noticed this too this morning on fox. The talking heads were covering the Libya story and ended their pitch with the analogy to Syria. I can't wait until the population in Saudi Arabia overthrows the government there. Oil will prices will crash.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentorman

And don't forget Yemen. They are also painted red on "Mideast unrest" map.
Their oil could come in handy too.

I just heard some local media talking about Syria and comparing it with Libya.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
its all a show courtesy of the hail satan crowd...sadly, the dead civis are real

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dario86

1. They are one sided because Ghadaffi (Quadaffi ect. ) is a psychopath and international criminal

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dario86

Sad but true indeed. I am in no way implying this to be a good thing, but personally, I have been completely desensitized by it for many years now. After all, the news is just another show.

Many song lyrics, can be interpreted in various different ways. Regardless of the actual meaning behind these lyrics (and who they were actually about), when Perry wrote them back in the late 80's, they still maintain their relevance to our current world.

[color=SkyBlue]Jane's Addiction ~ '[color=SkyBlue]Ted, Just Admit It....'

Camera got them images. Camera got them all... Nothing's shocking...
Showed me everybody. Naked and disfigured... Nothing's shocking...

The T.V.'s got them images. T.V.'s got them all... It's not shocking!!

[color=CFECEC]Well, it's just like the show before.
Now the news is just another show, with sex and violence...

edit on 8/22/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiuk

Not everything is black and white. There are shades of grey in between. So Gaddafi is not total psychopath just like rebels are not total saints. For example:
Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

@BrokenCircles
I understand you. I feel almost the same but as i said i hope things will change.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And now CNN joins the list. This video clip is about news from Syria but on opening scene we can see photo of Gaddafi in background.
Opposition doubts Assad's dialogue call

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dario86
For example:
Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

Arabian Proverb quote:

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

Sounds reasonable.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubber-Ducky

So on one end we have NATO attacking countries ruled by al-Qaeda and on other end we have NATO helping them. Yep, sounds just fine to me.

And don't forget al-Qaeda was trained by US in first place.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dario86

I take it that you mean that the MSM are preparing us for "The" big war? I don't believe that any NATO action in Syria would ignite the fuse,however,if they are readying themselves to hit Iran,well that may be a dramatically different story,however,if an escalation of unrest in Iran in the coming days should make the MSM the chances are that NATO's eyes are indeed firmly on an attack there.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Well they already have an excuse to attack Syria but i think that they need better excuse for Iran.
Of course i hope that will not happen but MSM and NATO are easy on "pulling the trigger".

I hope China and Russia can stop this by taking political measures. However any war actions from their side would bring total chaos.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dario86
reply to post by Rubber-Ducky

So on one end we have NATO attacking countries ruled by al-Qaeda and on other end we have NATO helping them. Yep, sounds just fine to me.

And don't forget al-Qaeda was trained by US in first place.

Yes but the world is always changing and is always in flux. Those who are your friends today may very well be your enemies tomorrow. Just because we might go to war with say Sweden in the future is not relevant to our support for them today.

We ally with those who meet our needs today.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I understand what you want to say and i agree BUT US is still calling al-Qaeda enemy. Just look for news few weeks old. They are talking about al-Qaeda taking down US helicopters, attacking convoys and so on.

I would agree with you if war against al-Qaeda is done but at this moment it is not. So for me its not normal to support someone who you are in war with on other end of the front.

top topics

join