It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Zone Near Japanese Reactors to Be Off Limits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
NYT admitting what's been obvious to most of us for months... and ``large zone``... NOT LARGE ENOUGH...

Broad areas around the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant could soon be declared uninhabitable, perhaps for decades, after a government survey found radioactive contamination that far exceeded safe levels, several major media outlets said Monday.

The formal announcement, expected from the government in coming days, would be the first official recognition that the March accident could force the long-term depopulation of communities near the plant, an eventuality that scientists and some officials have been warning about for months. Lawmakers said over the weekend — and major newspapers reported Monday — that Prime Minister Naoto Kan was planning to visit Fukushima Prefecture, where the plant is, as early as Saturday to break the news directly to residents. The affected communities are all within 12 miles of the plant, an area that was evacuated immediately after the accident.

The government is expected to tell many of these residents that they will not be permitted to return to their homes for an indefinite period. It will also begin drawing up plans for compensating them by, among other things, renting their now uninhabitable land. While it is unclear if the government would specify how long these living restrictions would remain in place, news reports indicated it could be decades.

Thing is... the area ``admitted to`` being too contaminated is only 12 miles around the plant... Well guess what pals, the radiation is spreading way beyond that... Distance between Fukushima and Tokyo? 240 km/150 miles.

Well in Tokyo it's not ``inhabitable``... but kids breathing in radioactive particles for all their young life will probably seriously affect them...not to mention pregnant ladies.

Still, 32 miles from Fukushima :

Children over 32 miles from Fukushima ground zero are already suffering fatigue, diarrhea, and nosebleeds, the three most common of eight radiation sickness signs, the three in the earliest stage of the disease.Five hundred Fukushima children already have radiation in their thyroids.

And 160 km from Fukushima :

Yet radioactive cesium exceeding the government limit was detected in processed tea made in Tochigi City, about 160km from the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, according to the Tochigi Prefectural Government, who said radioactive cesium was detected in tea processed from leaves harvested in the city in early July.

The level is more than 3 times the provisional government limit.

And 200 km from Fukushima...

Yanagisawa's hospital is located approximately 200km from Fukushima, so the health problems she is seeing that she attributes to radiation exposure causes her to be concerned by what she believes to be a grossly inadequate response from the government.

And in Tokyo... 150 miles from Fukushima...

But eh, it's all safe. Trust the government... and your kids will probably die of cancer within years.

Well it seems it was already posted in the breaking news forum..
Here ... but since it's a different forum, mods feel free to do what you want.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

hi Vitchilo,

agreed,

i was only saying to someone yesterday...
" there will NEVER be private buildings approved by "councils"
within 100kms of Fukunshtme ever again..."

and that zone may spread...

glad i am "down under" for what it matters...

seeya

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
and as we speak...

MAG 5.9

2011/08/22

11:23:39 (UTC)

36.108 141.698 (MAP)

34.5 kms (depth)

NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

thanks USGS...earthquake.usgs.gov...

seeya

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

To me, it sounds like that gentleman in the video is basically saying that we have something akin to a very small sun leaking baby solar winds into our atmosphere.

But don't worry! Radiation is actually healthy for you!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Almost makes me wonder if Slaughtering the wales was worth it!!!!!!
Thx for the thread...
edit on 22-8-2011 by CherubBaby because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I think I see what the governments doing here. They're figuring that if they put up a twelve mile no-mans land around the reactors that magically the radiation'll stay within that area.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I believe there is already a thread on this with the exact same title.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

A great video on Fukushima...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
interesting video thanks!

new topics

top topics

join