It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready for < $2.00 Gas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Remember when Gas was less than $2.00 per gallon? Yeah, you remember, before George Bush went in Iraq and stabilized the flow of oil. Well, now that these Middle-Eastern countries are falling (Libya the latest) OPEC has no chance of keeping a grip on the oil flow. Watch, we'll be paying less than $2.00 per gallon in less than 6 months. This will loosen up money in the consumers' pockets. The economy will start to rock. Now you won't hear the talking heads on the news saying this. But this is what is going to happen.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentorman

Thank you for the thread. I think the price will drop also someday when no one can afford to pay for it. Until then, the speculators will continue to gouge us and drain our pockets!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I dont necessarily agree with you. Most of the stronger OPEC nations are not really having too much political upheaval. If anythign they would use the instability in the government to raise prices. Seems in the past any instability in the middle east lead to higher oil prices. I also wouldn't be surprised if our gas prices ever di go to what would be $2, The government in its financial situation would probably hike gas taxes up another .50...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If you want to save money you have to do it yourself. My 2006 GM conversion van now gets nearly 30mpg but nobody believes me. 33 gallon tank gets me over 700 miles in normal driving and about 1000 on the highway

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Here in europe we're paying 2.30 DOLLARS for a LITRE of gas.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, I hope what I'm seeing means cheap oil. Remember Iraq 1? All the speculators ran oil up before the war started. The Monday after oil crashed. Then from then until early 2000 gas stayed just a little over a dollar. Why, because Saddam Hussein kept the oil price unstable with his off OPEC supply. As it looked like Bush might win the election gas shot up to a 1.50, then almost 2.00. Remember all that? We took Saddam out and the flow of oil has been closely controlled ever since, giving us 4.00 gas. Let's hope the unrest in the middle-east will destabilized the flow of oil making it cheaper.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Well the only thing i really see coming is that when the economy slows down oil/gas prices fall because the Future outlook and demand for oil decreases if the economy isn't as strong. So if gas falls to $2 a gallon because our economy has fallen so much and is NOT showing any immediate potential for future recovery;$2 a gallon gas will probably be as difficult to afford as $4 gas is now. Hard to pay $2 a gallon for gas when your jobless.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Gas will be < $2 gallon because Michelle Bachman said so......

......end sarcasm......

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Ahhhh! What do I need to do to get ready?

Plan a road trip?

Seriously, the title is like watch out! If you are not prepared $2.00 gas will bust your heiney.

I have heard they were releasing an allotment of reserve oil to saturate the market. Maybe this is what you are talking about.
Ny dailynews

This news article is misleading. I remember being told that America does not consume oil from Libya in the amounts that Europe does. So why would the price of oil we don't buy affect the price of oil that we do?
edit on 22-8-2011 by emaildogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Its $10.30 a gallon here in England.

Count yourself lucky.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Why is it so expensive in England?

Isn't it called British Petroleum for a reason?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Why is it so expensive in England?

Isn't it called British Petroleum for a reason?

65% is of that is tax (stealth taxes bought in by the labour government).

We are not just served by BP, which is not British owned but 60% owned by America, but Mobil, Esso, in fact, most of the worlds oil companies.

We get ripped off because of the government.

It does not end there either. Our foriegn owned gas/electric utilities have upped our bills by 37% in the last few months. Heating our homes now costs us $430 a month.

We just cant afford to live in this country anymore.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

it is not often that I say this, but bull#

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Count yourself lucky.

Around $7 here in Australia,,

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Count yourself lucky.

Around $7 here in Australia,,

It costs me the equivilant to $153.45 AUS fill my tank up, but at least I can virtually get from one side of the country to the other easily on a full tank thats not so bad, compared to Oz. I wonder how those prices are affecting inflation in Australia, having to ship goods thousands of km across country?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's not just the Gas in the UK that's a rip off sadly.

Just for info the cost of a car is a rip off also.

Chevy Aveo US Price $12,115 UK Price $15,184 and that's just a small car example.
Chevy Cruze US Price $16,525 UK Price $22,802

Add to that the running costs of extortionate gas rates and boy is it eyewatering.

Oh and forgot to mention, a young driver here in the UK can pay anything up to $4000 for one years car insurance.

edit on 22-8-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Well I'd estimate that most Aussies use between $50 - $100 a week just to get to work..

I'm sure someone will say higher but I'm just considering the average..

It's a big hit to the average family..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I hate to contradict you, but fuel prices are still set to rise for the average consumer NOT to those who buy the oil barrels for cheap.

Gasoline price to go up and stay up

UK energy prices to rise

Family finances worse than in recession as Fuel prices are set to rise
edit on 22-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Count yourself lucky.

EvanB i've been told most of Europe has excellent mass transit systems of varied type that enable people to get around quite well without owning their own motor vehicle. Is this true or I am being mislead?

In my area of the USA there is very little public transportation. Very few job opportunities as well. Most people here travel an hour or more each way to work and back by motor vehicle.

What I find odd in my area is the amount of really large vehicles. The largest portions of vehicles I see driving by are either SUV's or full size pick up trucks, probably with V8 engines and 4WD. One would think gas is still $1.50 a gallon around here. I don't know how people afford it or why they do it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
As these middle-eastern countries find their new freedoms it will have a domino effect on its neighboring countries like Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia. Now if Saudi or Kuwait gets taken over by the populace OPEC will certainly collapse. And, if you don't understand how OPEC controls the price of gas then you really shouldn't be reading this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join