It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are you? - A Simple Fun Experiment For All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Who are you?

I was thinking the other day whilst I was in the shower, what I would say to someone if I were to go speed dating after all you only get a short space of time to sell yourself to the opposite sex.

Imagine this scenario:

You are in a room with lots of different people, your nervous, the organizer tells the men to go to one side of the room whilst the women go and sit down and take their places ready for the men to come and chat to them. You take your place respectfully. The men are then given a number that corresponds to the table each women is sitting at. When told the men have to go and sit at their numbered table and begin chatting, then after a short space of time the men are told to rotate and move to another table and so on.... You nervously take your position and are face to face with your potential soul mate what do you say?

After a great deal of thought I came up with a great solution, which is, instead of making small conversation I would simply listen to the other person then when it was my time to speak I would simply say words that describe my character: I came up with many but to mention a few

compassionate, understanding, fun, animal lover, fresh air, beach, sports, thinker, life student, timeless, travel, spanish, exhilarating, parachute, mindful, relaxed, happy, mysterious

My question to anyone reading this What words would you use to describe yourself? write as many as you like or can say in 30 seconds.

edit on 22-8-2011 by franspeakfree because: Glitch in the matrix

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
haha if you do go speed dating and use this method....PLEASE upload it to youtube, it will make you a star lol.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well if you want to be mysterious, first tip is to not lay all your cards out on the table.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
if I was sat opposite you I'd have to add, "you forgot......a bit weird"

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ive never speed dated, or intend to but I will play

fun. honest. dependable. punctual. compassionate. empathetic. neurotic. worrier. non believer. friendly. open

30 secs up

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Well if you want to be mysterious, first tip is to not lay all your cards out on the table.

lol

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Lol. How about: Hey sweety care to take a ride in my ufo

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Woo Hoo! Let's Go Sugah!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Lol. How about: Hey sweety care to take a ride in my ufo

Only Zaphod Beeblebrox gets to say that and remain one hoopy frood...
edit on 22/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
My question to anyone reading this What words would you use to describe yourself? write as many as you like or can say in 30 seconds.

I am a stanch privacy advocate and I stand against all forms of data-mining, be they intentional or unintentionally created in a carefree spirit only to be manipulated later by those with darker intentions. Good day, sir.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Fun-loving, bookworm but with a love of the outdoors, intellectual, tiny bit of a redneck streak, quirky.

That's my personality in a nutshell, though to be honest, I would just say "I'm an intellectual redneck...that should tell you everything you need to know about me, including about how quirky I am."

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
"I'm an intellectual redneck..

Is that even possible? - Beep times up.

edit on 22-8-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Certainly...because not everybody is going to be a dead-on match for the quintessential stereotype of each of those labels lol.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
*timer on

Evil wicked mean and nasty/Honest to a fault..and you're picking up the tab.

*timer off

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
enigma, psychonaut, under-stimulated

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The closest I have ever been to speed dating is when I watched it on 40 year old virgin. I don't lay my cards on the table like that I usually just listen and judge with a subtle mental posture.

If I had to label myself which is hard to do cause I never really think about how I have to present myself with topics, I would have to say hmmmm....just listen..

edit on 22-8-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I guess I'd say:

I'll attempt to love you more than music but probably fail. If you can deal with that, here I am!

new topics

top topics

join