It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Go read the thread.

Your repeating a long debate that's already been had.

AND if you do that you'll learn my view on Obama.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Another person who didn't bother to read the thread.

I have responded to all of these points repeatedly... except one...

You think his view on MCMCSS isn't purely ideological, I do. America hasn't had a post SS experience yet and there's no evidence that he has any non-partisan "facts" which back up his "belief" about something which has never happened before.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

- You can't be anti-social security and win the Presidency.

Why not?

- There's no huge ground-surge of support for Paul in mainstream America.

So that's why he gets so many donations in such a short amount of time huh?

- His own past will be used against him and his personality makes him unable to win political battles.

Whats wrong with his past? and how can they use it against him?
He has stuck to his guns since the start,unlike most other politicians.

For someone thats joined fairly recent,your attacking him pretty quickly,don't you think?
I agree with some of the points you have made,but your opinion isn't facts.

Also,with a attitude like yours,your the kind of people that makes changing the system for what we believe in is better.
An increasing amount of people want him in power,he has every chance to get in.

We can make it happen,we just have to want it!

edit on 22-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
He is too old (says this old person).
He occasioinally sounds like an excited wild man with some of his speeches to an empty House.
His major topics are too obscure to the intelligence of the average voter and seemingly unrelated to the individuals in play.
He is not photogenic.
He will never get enough money.
Second time around is not charmed either.

-----------------
It's his third run for POTUS. He ran in 1988.

I think he's very photogenic; there are many pics available online, showing his folksy, "one of us" persona. I especially love the one of him sitting on a tractor. Some of us have noticed that media use lighting and other tricks in an attempt to make him look old, feeble, etc...and/or use the very worst picture of him they can find.

As far as him being too old, he's almost old enough to be my father and he can run circles around me. His health is excellent; he exercises obsessively. In addition, he says this about his age:
"I challenge any other candidate to a 20-mile bike ride in Houston's 100F Heat (and 100% humidity). Any takers?" (and then we'll decide who's the youngest)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming

Originally posted by inforeal

Ron Paul’s idea on social security is ridiculous for this reason:

What happens when millions of Americans who have been kicked out of SS when he abolishes it become of retiring age and there is nothing for them because either they didn’t save correctly or the stock market destroyed their account?

All those people will either starve to death or become homeless beggars on the street and we will have a country like India with millions of people poor and starving. . . . All because Ron Paul believed the program didn’t work. And the fact is that social security does work and is the lifeline for millions in retirement, who didnt have jobs with pensions, or couldnt save becasue they didnt make enough money.

Ron Paul is in fantasy land, he doesnt know how the real world works.

And you are misrepresenting what he says and what his plans are for Social Security!

Those already on Social Security, those who have paid in and plan to draw on it in the future WILL NOT be affected. They will still receive their Social Security. Paul's plans for Social Security are SLOW, long-term changes. He plans on bringing all the troops home and using some of the money saved there to shore up these entitlement programs. He wants to give the younger generation the chance to opt out of Social Security. In addition, getting rid of the IRS/income tax, etc. allows ALL workers to keep their own money--this younger generation can then save for their retirement themselves.

In addition, Paul's views on getting the government's nose out of business and the free market will cause an explosion of jobs. (We don't currently have and haven't had for some time a true free market) One of the reasons jobs are leaving the country is due to the COST of all these government rules/regulations. Those companies who've remained here--most don't have the extra money to hire more workers--it's being spent being in compliance! Over time, there will be enough money coming in from those working, those who've decided to stay within the Social Security system, to be able to fund their Social Security retirement.

Yes, Social Security may end one day, but that's WAY in the future--decades--and NO ONE will get hurt during the transition!

What happens when millions of people don’t save for retirement? For whatever reason.

You may be young now and think you will or can save enough for retirement but anything can happen. You might get sick, become an alcoholic or drug addict and then rehabilitate yourself, but realize the years passed you by and won’t be able to save enough, then what?

Some people I think are being naïve about human nature.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

I am an extreme liberal. I have spent my adult life support fringe candidates. I get it. I also like a lot of what Paul says but.... He will NEVER be President.

So you say you have spent your adult life supporting fringe candidates? Could you name some of the candidates you heavily supported in the past then please? As well as reasons for why they did or didn't win (given your opinion or factual evidence to support it). I'm just curious on part of you being the author of such a thread. I think it's important to understand where you are coming from as someone with such a stance on Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The whole Ron Paul being racist argument has been exhausted and expired for quite some time now. The guy isn't racist.

I agree with Paul on his foreign policy ideas along with a few of his economic beliefs. Although, his support for ceasing funding for Planned Parenthood didn't make me happy. But unlike the other Republicans, his reasoning has nothing to do with his religion, but the Constitution.

Also really enjoy how he doesn't run his political ideas based off his religious ideologies...something the other Republican scum of the earth should consider.

I won't register Republican to vote for him in the Primary elections. Mainly because I have too much dignity
but if he makes it to the Presidential election, I'll consider voting for him.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Is it me or is this thread and some people in it part of those people paid to post?
You know mentioned in a recent thread by a whistleblower.... Paid Trolls... Political Trolls, Cheap! Cheap!

After affecting members votes much?

I hope for AMERICAS future Ron Paul becomes President

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Go read the thread.

Your repeating a long debate that's already been had.

AND if you do that you'll learn my view on Obama.

All these debates have been "had"why can't you elaborate on whom ever you support??Again this is all your opinion and nothing more.These are Obama tactics,if you can't sell yourself destory your opponent.

"Imagine him again Obama" what does this mean?

"look at Obama,no plans,no experiance" my point exactly on wasteing your vote all talk and now everyone knows all his eloquent speech's were just lies.

RP is the best in that he still tells the truth and has good experiance,has he made mistakes and spoken out of place,you bet,but as apposed to candidates running now and before with only half the time in politics people like you are really haveing to dig to spew your retoic.Its not going to work this time,at the very least RP will show the people just how corrupt the political system is by being ignored and left out when the majority want to see him succeed.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Trust me, the government doesn't give a damn or care that much about you or ATS to pay people to post.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is just like the whole bs crap// oh he racist oh he want to do druggs.. blah blah blah.. cant say how more fakethe msm is there BASED ON RATINGS PPL geez not facts..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
New Gallop poll......looks like Ron Paul can win!!! He is only 2% behind Obama.

www.gallup.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is ony one reason he won't be President.

He just isn't that popular...his extreme views guarantees that will always be the case.

Ron Paul supporters...please acknowledge this fact so you aren't too dissapointed that he doesn't win the primary.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by douglas2k4

If you read the thread you'll find your answers.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If you spent more time reading the thread and less time attacking me for my imaginary actions and beliefs you'd prolly be a lot less stressed. I repeatedly stated I don't believe all the negative crap about Paul, though I don't agree with a lot me his policies and his ideology and worldview. But... This is not about the validity of his beliefs, it's about his electabity, based on how people will be able to represent his views, how he is bad at defending himself and staying on message and how his personality and message will not get him the nomination. And how even if he did get it magically, he'd never survive a national campaign with his views and history and personality. But it's not in any way a judgement on his integrity or his positions.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by AwakeinNM

I'm a US ex-pat, I tend to write # both ways, as my job for years was a tech writer, so when I moved here I had to adapt to stay working... but when I'm just typing casually I tend to go back and forth... sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble.

*pop*

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

And he has over 70 posts?

Must have a lot to say, or nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I repeatedly stated I don't believe all the negative crap about Paul, though I don't agree with a lot me his policies and his ideology and worldview. But... This is not about the validity of his beliefs, it's about his electabity, based on how people will be able to represent his views, how he is bad at defending himself and staying on message and how his personality and message will not get him the nomination.

The reason everyone is calling you a troll is because you present a viewpoint with no logical outlet that is in apparent defense to the status quo.

You are right that it will be difficult to elect Ron Paul and that is why few people choose "electibility" as a reason for voting for him. Ron Paul is a politician of principle and not of image which is why he has earned the respect of so many people on ATS.

What is the logical outlet of your assertion? That the members of ATS should not vote for him in the primaries? Who should we vote for then? Obama, Perry, Romney?

By the way - I see your canned response is 'read the thread' but this topic doesn't deserve that much of my time.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
the op is greatly mistaken

truth always prevails
ron paul is a BEACON of truth
nobody has ever proceeded in displaying
such vulgar displays of truth

IN HISTORY SINCE JFK!
your thread will go nowhere, and you have
ron paul misunderstood

you are now a part of the huge misconception
that is the the small blind brainwashed majority
of this nation

but no worries, people are waking up at
an alarming rate. that is however
if they kill this guy, meaning the elites

itll prove everything he says as FACT.
god bless in all your adventures

-COBRA

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Another reason is that the past few presidents were selected not ELECTED. You people need to realize that there are people running behind the government. A hidden government. They don't allow this happene. You guys are retards.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join