It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The only thing I see that would stop Ron Paul, is that he is not an Israelist/Zionist, which most all politicians are, both Reps and Dems. They are all puppets for Israel, which largely controls US politics, and the politicians vow servitude to. I don't think Ron Paul has, or would.
edit on 22-8-2011 by tom502 because: misspell

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
He is too old (says this old person).
He occasioinally sounds like an excited wild man with some of his speeches to an empty House.
His major topics are too obscure to the intelligence of the average voter and seemingly unrelated to the individuals in play.
He is not photogenic.
He will never get enough money.
Second time around is not charmed either.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Where is the charismatic straight spoken squeaky clean youngster who promotes the welfare of the people over that of of the business? Where is the candidate who seeks the truth no matter how forcibly it has been hidden? Was he or she assassinated time and time again? Well, at least we have Ron.
edit on 22-8-2011 by gentledissident because: pronoun and equality

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
in my humble opinion, i completely agree with the op.

consider the following...

politics has not been about truth for quite some time. they have been about perception.

politics today is a perception game. RP may have the best interests for America, but how he is perceived, regardless of his educated position, will be the determining factor.

and remember...negative perception always goes much farther than positive perception, and on the simplest of topics. as it always has, particularly in politics.

anything that RP says or has said or done, if there can be a negative spin placed on it, will have a negative spin placed on it. And that negative spin will outweigh any positive interests RP tries to push.

also, RP's solid understanding of the complexities involving American internal and foreign affairs is something that is simply not easily digestible by the average American.

Because many, if not most, Americans are not fully versed in the intricacies of such affairs. Many don't have that sort of access or willingness to research such topics.

So they go with what is spoon fed to them by the media, by the politicians - the very sources that control perception.

and lets not forget the very real power base controlling the government. there's a lot of money there, and it shouldn't be hard for anyone to see that RP's presence would unbalance that power.

plus...he is just one man, pushing against a complex organization that is rife with corruption.

and this organization is still in power.

don't get me wrong. America needs change. It needs RP. The man knows foreign affairs. He, of all the candidates, has a legitimately sound understanding of what needs to be done in order to fix the economy...in order to fix this country. He, of all the candidates, will be the one to lay the foundation for which America springs back -- provided he has an uncorrupted power base to support him.

But as the climate is now, he will not succeed.

Ron Paul will not be selected as the Republican Candidate.

For he does not represent the ideals the Republicans have been putting forth since Obama entered office. For him to be selected, the Republican Party will have to reverse its position on many different topics, all the while not looking like hypocrites.

This won't happen.

Plus, amongst the number of variables against him, there are two that will provide the most resistance and ultimately stop him.

corruption and greed.

Both of which have a hand into everything that can and will affect RP's chances in becoming president.

Again, please remember, this is My humble opinion. I support RP. I will vote for him. But that is the positive nature of my being speaking. The realist nature of my being knows that the chances of him succeeding are zero.

Trust me, I want to be wrong. I want to see change. RP is that change. I know this, as do many of you.

But, like many of you, I had expected to see that same change come from our current president. That was the platform on which he was elected. But we failed to account for the corruptions that are heavily entrenched within the American Government.

And its going to take more than votes to remove these corruptions that have existed - and festered - within the American Government for at least the better part of a decade.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Does it even matter who we elect?
I was under the impression that the president is a puppet.
It doesn't matter if it's Paul, Perry or the Cookie Monster.

I'm afraid it's what is behind the scenes that we need to worry about.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Thanks man, that's almost exactly how I feel.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Originally posted by XplanetX
The only thing between Ron Paul and the presidency is a bullet.

I hope that he wears kevlar armour.

That's wild paranoia. No one wants to kill Ron Paul. He's soooooooooo unelectable that bullet isn't even on the "Top 1000 ways to deal with Ron Paul" list

I love how all you liberals are saying he's unelectable. According to all YOUR latest MSM polls, OBAMA is unelectable.

You willing to revisit your statements once Ron Paul is elected?

I am looking forward to that day.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have a feeling Ron Paul will never become president only because by then martial law will be instated and sh!t will have hit the fan. If anything, Ron Paul is giving everyone in the country a Fair Warning about things to come, so be prepared.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cytra
I have a feeling Ron Paul will never become president only because by then martial law will be instated and sh!t will have hit the fan. If anything, Ron Paul is giving everyone in the country a Fair Warning about things to come, so be prepared.

I actually have had the same feeling. Obama will enact martial law once the false flag attack is carried out, and he'll never lift it, making him a de facto dictator.

Then we'll be voting with bullets.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Before everyone freaks out on me
let me be very clear.

I am an extreme liberal. I have spent my adult life support fringe candidates. I get it. I also like a lot of what Paul says but.... He will NEVER be President.

Here's why:

1. His stance on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Then you are grossly misinformed on his position if you believe it to be entirely an idealogical stance.

2. He's a has been and an outsider.

Ralph Nader is an outsider. A 12 term Conrgessman? I think NOT. Paul definitley knows the power structure in Washington.

3. His "past is troubling".

What's 'troubling' is that people like you who keep trying to use this same old worn out play from his opponents handbook.

See, it's folks like you that come in here screaming that Ron Paul is going to take away granny's meds and her social security when he's NEVER advocated this. It is people like you who want to sow the seeds that he can't win with baseless arguments. Problem is that most voters are, shall we say, STUPID. They believe whatever the MSM puts out and more times than not, they base their vote on who is most attractive, most charasmatic, what are they going to do for ME. They vote with the wallets! What the voting public needs to examine is our future as a nation and what it will take to get us back on the right track. Yes, this starts with an ideaology, but isn't that what Obama ran on: "Hope and Change". He offered no details, just a slogan.

Ron Paul is perhaps the greatest political figure to come our way this generation. No doubt Washington would be up in arms if he took the presidency, but he's not the person we WANT, he's the person we NEED to lead this country. It's time for some of these old bloated instituions to come crashing down. You have no idea what true liberty is all about as you haven't tasted it. How could you when you give the government a sizeable portion of your paycheck and have to follow laws created to serve their creators and not the general public.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Here's an amalgam of recent polling on the issue...

www.realclearpolitics.com...

The GOP will not get behind Paul.

That goes to show you and all of us that the majority of americans have their heads up you know what. Logically(common sense) all americans should vote for RP. Put his views aside ,he has the most experience and is the most educated of them all. Its freaken common sense. But no,,, america always votes with there gut feeling which it shouldn't ,it should be with there logical minds.. America is doomed. But I'm still voting for RP.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Who needs three, just one will do:

1 - Because those in power do not want him to be.

Maybe for you.

The only way that one works is if people like you continue to go along with what those in power decide for you, because, after all, they have a lot more money than you, their money makes them more powerful, more intelligent, wiser, and all around better human beings than you, and therefore they know what's best for you, including who should hold public office to keep you in your place. And if they do that by criminal means, you'll never be the wiser, and even if you are, you and those who are supposed to "protect" you from their misdeeds are too poor, too powerless, and too easily compromised to do anything about it.

Keep talking like you did in your post and that's exactly what will happen. Your belief system is your downfall.
edit on 8/22/2011 by dubiousone because: Clarify.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

The post I was composing in my head is almost identical to yours. I'll just second what you said and save myself some typing.

That said, it's no use trying to argue with this guy. He'll defend his position to the death and not listen to logic.

Such is the way of the liberals.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by kro32

Obama would IMO be crucified in a debate with Ron Paul..
Obama can't talk without being told what to say.

[rolls eyes]

Every politician has a staff that moulds what they say and helps them create positions on the hundreds of issues they have to have positions on. RP is no different.

edit on 22-8-2011 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

Moulds? You guys have operatives in England, too? Did you run out in the U.S.?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Very well said!!! It's true, Paul will not even get the GOP bid, yet alone win the Presidency.

Another reason he will not win is the fact that he wants to disband the Board of Education. Can you imagine what would happen if states were allowed to dictate what is taught in their public schools??? I can, and it is pretty scary. Far Right states would teach a mainly christian view point on EVERYTHING! Texas would have close to no high school graduates going to prestigious universities, and people would be FAR les educated.

ANOTHER reason he will never win is his stance on abortion. If abortion were made illegal, the number of abortions would not decrease, the number of unsafe, "back-alley" abortions would increase.

Paul is not the savior, he is a wolf in sheep's clothing for republicans, just like Obama was for democrats. He would bring this country into further despair.

THAT being said, I have to agree with him about war. It is destructive, and counter-productive. It's also nice that he wants to end the war on drugs, but being able to smoke pot, is NOT a decent reason for voting for someone.

And if for some odd reason, you don't believe these are his views, check out www.ontheissues.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Moulds? You guys have operatives in England, too? Did you run out in the U.S.?

Ooh, this just got interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

Ron Paul’s idea on social security is ridiculous for this reason:

What happens when millions of Americans who have been kicked out of SS when he abolishes it become of retiring age and there is nothing for them because either they didn’t save correctly or the stock market destroyed their account?

All those people will either starve to death or become homeless beggars on the street and we will have a country like India with millions of people poor and starving. . . . All because Ron Paul believed the program didn’t work. And the fact is that social security does work and is the lifeline for millions in retirement, who didnt have jobs with pensions, or couldnt save becasue they didnt make enough money.

Ron Paul is in fantasy land, he doesnt know how the real world works.

And you are misrepresenting what he says and what his plans are for Social Security!

Those already on Social Security, those who have paid in and plan to draw on it in the future WILL NOT be affected. They will still receive their Social Security. Paul's plans for Social Security are SLOW, long-term changes. He plans on bringing all the troops home and using some of the money saved there to shore up these entitlement programs. He wants to give the younger generation the chance to opt out of Social Security. In addition, getting rid of the IRS/income tax, etc. allows ALL workers to keep their own money--this younger generation can then save for their retirement themselves.

In addition, Paul's views on getting the government's nose out of business and the free market will cause an explosion of jobs. (We don't currently have and haven't had for some time a true free market) One of the reasons jobs are leaving the country is due to the COST of all these government rules/regulations. Those companies who've remained here--most don't have the extra money to hire more workers--it's being spent being in compliance! Over time, there will be enough money coming in from those working, those who've decided to stay within the Social Security system, to be able to fund their Social Security retirement.

Yes, Social Security may end one day, but that's WAY in the future--decades--and NO ONE will get hurt during the transition!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I'm NOT saying his as a Liberal, because, in fairness, RP isn't exactly a Republican... and he's closer to what I believe than MANY Dems.

I'm saying this as a political watcher.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
The only thing between Ron Paul and the presidency is a bullet.

I hope that he wears kevlar armour.

That's wild paranoia. No one wants to kill Ron Paul. He's soooooooooo unelectable that bullet isn't even on the "Top 1000 ways to deal with Ron Paul" list

To say Ron Paul is "unelectable" is just plain uninformed.The three reasons you gave are your opinion,nothing more.There is a movement behind RP this time like never before and people have seen all the smear tactics before again and again.When you watch the other GOP candidates all you hear and see are clone's,just like so many times before,and as for Obama,well what can you say that he hasen't already lied to the Dem's about let alone the rest of the country.

Your tactics are old and tired,why don't you try telling people why they should vote for Obama or who ever you back instead of ridacule and hate.It is not going to be as easy this time to get the sheep to line up,Obama has taught us one thing if nothing else,.....what you get if you waste your vote by listening to the speech instead of looking at the man...................or woman.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I'm a US ex-pat, I tend to write # both ways, as my job for years was a tech writer, so when I moved here I had to adapt to stay working... but when I'm just typing casually I tend to go back and forth... sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join