It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Two points:

1. It'll never happen

2. Those big debates are allllll about controlling the message... Obama was great at that in the last debates and doesn't (to many people's frustration) get upset in public...

Obama was pressed in the last debates and never really #ed it up... no reason to think that'd change... Paul on the other hand argues with LOTS of people... people are actually turned off by that, and when it's an argument about minutia, people just get bored...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Mate, your opinions don't seem to be gathering much support here so I'll just let you waffle on now..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Ron Paul doesn't operate well in short amounts of time. His ideas are complex and need a deeper explanation than most people. Given equal face time with Obama I believe he would be able to deliver his message effectively. However what most people see is exactly what you posted.

Ron Paul will cut your medicare!!

Ron Paul is a racist!!

And it's not portraying the full picture.

I believe none of the things you mentioned would be impossible to overcome and I have other issues with him I won't go into on your thread but I bet that if he would get the nomination he would do just fine.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by kro32

Two points:

1. It'll never happen

2. Those big debates are allllll about controlling the message... Obama was great at that in the last debates and doesn't (to many people's frustration) get upset in public...

Obama was pressed in the last debates and never really #ed it up... no reason to think that'd change... Paul on the other hand argues with LOTS of people... people are actually turned off by that, and when it's an argument about minutia, people just get bored...

Yes I agree with you but there is a big difference. This debate Obama will be on the defensive in terms of the economy and job loss. He had no such issues last time he was in national debates. He will have his answers of course prepared but Ron Paul has a very long history of punching through that as you can see by his congressional hearings.

Obama would be far out matched in a debate forum.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I actually welcome threads like this.

Every time you post, it creates yet another chance to expose the corruption of the status quo.

When it becomes too dangerous to use facts to support your own candidate, you're left with a pretty feeble attempt to slander those you oppose in Ron Paul's case.

Letters taken out of context that he didn't write, and wasn't aware of for 10 years, twisting of his stance on issues to give them a completely different meaning, and parroting of slogans like "unelectable".

I mean, if he's so unelectable, explain to me how the 12 term congressman from Texas got re-elected 11 times.

It's pretty obvious why the MSM tries so hard to distort the facts and silence him every chance they get. He's become a threat to their corporate leash holders, and every day they're becoming more and more exposed.

Do you really think substituting video footage from the 2011 CPAC winner announcement with the previous one was an honest mistake?
See for yourself
Notice how they also take the opportunity to ask him who he thought was booing.

In 2008, if you asked me who I thought was unelectable, I might have said ol' Rudy. Yet there he is, participating in a scripted debate putting words in Ron Paul's mouth with help of the moderators.
Just the image of his face must have pulled on the patriotic heart-strings of the viewers.
How Media Spins a Story
They'll do anything to paint him as a nut-case.

Well, why didn't the republicans win the office with that kind of thinking then? If you saw who was on that ticket, I won't insult you by explaining it.

People are waking up every day.

Again, back in 2008 I wasn't a big Ron Paul supporter, and may have considered some of his ideas fringe. Like myself, though, millions of Americans didn't have a clue that the Federal Reserve wasn't actually part of our government.

With all the bailouts and the economy in free-fall, you can bet your ass that many of those people have asked questions, and know things that they didn't just three short years ago.

I don't think anyone supporting him is naive enough to think he isn't up against a powerful entity, and when I say powerful, I mean rich. The truth is, the American people are the ones who hold the power, the status quo are just rich.

It does make one wonder why, though, the "top tier" type candidates have to create Super PACs to circumvent the $2500 limit an individual can donate. They're all corrupt, and our bought and paid for congress is all in on it.

A recent study of, I think, 39 republicans and 41 democratic congressmen have had their net worth increase 675% to the tune of almost a half a BILLION dollars between 2008-2010. That's only 2 years. All while the average citizen is struggling to pay bills and many are unemployed. The whole thing stinks.

So you keep coming in these forums and parroting your slogans, and we'll keep pointing out the difference between isolation and non-intervention. Pretty soon more and more people will start asking why we have to have an embassy in Iraq the size of the Vatican which congress has approved 17,000 employees to staff.

Hell, I spent 24 years pounding nails for a living, so if a dumb ol' carpenter like myself can put two and two together since the last election, you can rest assured a whole lot of others have too.

Have a wonderful day.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

You should read more carefully. I'm starting to wonder just how kneejerk these Ron Paulers are!

I never said that Ron Paul is a racist, nor do I think he is... etc.. etc.

I do think it's pretty funny that you say, "Ron Paul can win, he was elected 12 times" and "Ron Paul is an outsider"... yes, he's a national Presidential candidate, national politician, and a real outsider...

For the record, Ron Paul DID run for the Presidency and DID lose... actually, he didn't even lose, he didn't come close to getting the nomination!

Presidential Campaigns are sooooo much more difficult than most congressional ones...

And hey, this thread is clearly about him as a Presidential candidate.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Jesus dood, I just re-read this rant of yours and it's blatantly obvious you didn't read a single thing I posted. Save the rant energy for people that are trashing Ron Paul's positions (I'm not) or slandering his integrity (I'm not) or are playing games to try and discredit him (I'm not).... hell, at the VERY least read the thread your responding to...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
The only thing between Ron Paul and the presidency is a bullet.

I hope that he wears kevlar armour.

LOL You Ron Paul people remind me of Cleveland Browns fans. Gonna win it every year.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Kro!!

Join us, what do you have to lose but your sanity?

sincerely,
The Ron Paul Camp

*Dangles carrot....Come on....come on almost there......*

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

You should read more carefully. I'm starting to wonder just how kneejerk these Ron Paulers are!

I never said that Ron Paul is a racist, nor do I think he is... etc.. etc.

Nice subtle attempt at an insult there. That paragraph was an accurate generalisation of arguments used by many posters here to alienate Ron Paul and diminish support for him. At no point did I claim it was part of your original OP.

I do think it's pretty funny that you say, "Ron Paul can win, he was elected 12 times" and "Ron Paul is an outsider"... yes, he's a national Presidential candidate, national politician, and a real outsider...

Listen, if you're going to use quotation marks when referring to something I said, please use my own words. While it's basically a fairly accurate translation, those weren't mine. If you can show me where I typed the words you have in quotes, I'll gladly go outside right now and pick up the dog poop in the yard with my lips.

While you may feel justified in re-arranging my own vocabulary to make it fit your agenda more comfortably, I find it a bit suspect, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I never mentioned my OP, what I said was your post showed that you didn't read anything I said.

Though you used the word "you" and "your" in it repeatedly, to connect me to people doing something I didn't do.

Btw: If I wanted to insult you, I would. I do think you ranted at me, for no reason, and showed, through your post, and through your response to me just now, that you still haven't read what I've written.

ALSO:

Single or double quotation marks denote either speech OR a quotation.

en.wikipedia.org...

People use quotes like I did, ALL THE TIME.

edit on 22-8-2011 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
At this jucture, I think we should beware of people, especially newcomers, who start threads with titles such as this.

Make no mistake about it - TPTB are trying to spread a MEME - a negative meme about Ron Paul. Memes are one of TPTB's favorite tools.

Note that they are expressed as absolutes, not as opinions or maybes.....but as fact. That is their power. Their purpose is to bypass the conscious mind and programme the subconscious into a belief.

DO NOT BE MEMED. Where there is determination and commitment, goals will be achieved. Don't be corralled into only thinking INSIDE the box which THEY created.

Be strong, don't be memed, think creatively, act resolutely.

RON PAUL IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT.

edit on 22-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Here's a meme I would use:

NO MORE CRIMINALS IN THE WHITEHOUSE.

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Your thread title is very much part of your OP. That title is "3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President ".
Many would consider that an opening statement and very relevant to the topic of discussion.

In my "rant", as you call it, I've offered my own perspective on why I believe some of those commonly used arguments may not be as powerful as they were last time around, regardless of what you claim to support.

When a new member signs up to tell us how he can't win, it makes me seriously doubt those claims.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Im sure many said the same thing about Obama
only one reasons scares me ...
if the vote is rigged with those pesky electronic machine
that even a 2 yrs old child can hack

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join