It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

He may not articulate well but that's simply not his style. Once he has center stage and it's just him and Obama he will have more than enough time and coverage to explain every single one of his points and his persona will come through.

Considering the obstacles against this man you have to look at the tremendous following he has and imagine what he could do if he was given the proper forum in which to express his thoughts. He is fighting with attacks coming from all sides whether it be lack of coverage or very obvious negative coverage when he does get it.

He is doing better than most under the circumstances he faces.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by backinblack

[rolls eyes]

Yeah, I twist and change everything I post... suuuuure...

The fact's are clear:
- You can't be anti-social security and win the Presidency.

I KNOW what he believes, I don' THINK he wants to hurt poor people, etc.

So what you are NOW saying is that your original comment was not in fact a fact but is merely how the Stupid Sheeple will interpret it??

Odd how you seem to know what he means but consider the average voter too stupid to realize the same as you do.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Again, you're not really, IMO, right about how in depth people are able to get on television. Most debates give a candidate a couple minutes, max, to address issues... Paul is not great in that format. AND, his own words will run in national ads... out of context, sure... and they'll destroy him... well, he won't get he nod, so it'll never happen, but if he did, he'd be toast...

link   
reply to post by kro32

Obama would IMO be crucified in a debate with Ron Paul..
Obama can't talk without being told what to say.

link   

I believe social security disability is un constitutional and I draw ssd. Why do you ask. Because the American people are paying for everything I have. But I would rather draw a check be comfortable and relaxed and more or less almost pain free and be able to hold my kids from time to time and play with them from time to time instead of working for a day and then falling over not being able to move for months and be nothing more than a vegetable.

It may hurt me physically and emotionally if Ron Paul does get what he wants. but I am not a person who thinks about himself I am a person that thinks about the over all well being of the American people. You dont see the big picture you don't see past his views or his reasons for his views. He wants to cut war spending saving the american public billions. Cut Social security disability that would ultimately lead to another billions in savings for the American public. Cut the influence of special interests groups control of government and lessen black budget projects cutting back on corruption. It is a good idea. Alll these cuts would eventually end up cutting back taxes of the middle class and probably raising upper class taxes. I would add more but I am very tired. Good night.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by denyIGNORANCEats11
reply to post by Ittabena

S&F FOR BELIEVING IN THE FINE DOCTOR RON PAUL.

so dr paul gives him more cred?

he is not a congressman any more?

don't want a prez with another job title.

reminds me of some african dictators.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by denyIGNORANCEats11

well, that's great for you, but the vast majority of people won't attack he system that gives them meds and food and a roof.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Ron Paul’s idea on social security is ridiculous for this reason:

What happens when millions of Americans who have been kicked out of SS when he abolishes it become of retiring age and there is nothing for them because either they didn’t save correctly or the stock market destroyed their account?

All those people will either starve to death or become homeless beggars on the street and we will have a country like India with millions of people poor and starving. . . . All because Ron Paul believed the program didn’t work. And the fact is that social security does work and is the lifeline for millions in retirement, who didnt have jobs with pensions, or couldnt save becasue they didnt make enough money.

Ron Paul is in fantasy land, he doesnt know how the real world works.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

You would be surprised what most people would do. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. I take that back...

Your right everything you say is truth and fact. I dont know why I ever doubted you maybe you should run for president. I take that back too...

YOU will NEVER become president because more than have the country is now right wing extremist.

Ron Paul enthusiast
Do you not see that? If Ron Paul had no chance he would not be mostly blocked by main stream media.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

You would be surprised what most people would do. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. I take that back...

Your right everything you say is truth and fact. I dont know why I ever doubted you maybe you should run for president. I take that back too...

YOU will NEVER become president because more than have the country is now right wing extremist.

Ron Paul enthusiast
Do you not see that? If Ron Paul had no chance he would not be mostly blocked by main stream media.

I'll just respond to the last bit as I didn't really get the rest...

Ron Paul isn't "blocked" by most of the MSM (excluding Fox I'd assume)... he's ignored and treated like a fringe candidate (he is a fringe candidate so...)

The end result is the same, but it's no big conspiracy to silence the guy... he's in the debates, he's on the television, he's been elected to national office... if he REALLY was a threat he wouldn't be on any MSM, he wouldn't be elected, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by kro32

[rolls eyes]

Every politician has a staff that moulds what they say and helps them create positions on the hundreds of issues they have to have positions on. RP is no different.

edit on 22-8-2011 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

post removed by staff

RP should hire me... always go with a winner and all of that...

Anyway, this is like me predicting an earthquake on a specific date... we will know who was right, and pretty soon, then we can all come back to this thread and make our concession speeches as necessary.

edit on Mon Aug 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Every politician has a staff that moulds what they say and helps them create positions on the hundreds of issues they have to have positions on. RP is no different.

Another opinion??

I tend to think that after 30 of having the same beliefs Ron Paul knows what his opinions on the issues are better than most..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

What's his Presidential campaign's position on something new that happens tomorrow??

What's his position on some weird issue in Alaska that suddenly becomes national news?

It's not about his core beliefs, it's about the literally thousands of things Presidential campaigns have to respond to...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

You seem to give him very little credit for someone that's been in politics for decades..

An the other hand, I've never seen Obama answer anything but scripted questions..
How do you think he'd go in the same circumstances??

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

You should watch a bit more telly if you never seen Obama answer an unscripted question.

It's not again, AGAIN, about facts, it's about PERCEPTION.

It's not about WHO'S A BETTER PERSON, it's about whose a better salesmen, sorry politician

RP can not SELL his ideas, they will instead be used as ammo against him by better salesmen...

Simple. Unpleasant, but simple.

Ask Mitt Romney, who legally couldn't run in MA, but managed to rig that, how important "facts" are. Ask Howard Dean whose campaign was destroyed by a video editor, about facts.

Ask Carter, who was scammed by the Reagen staff, how important perception is. Ask Nixon.

Ask Clinton, and ask Gore.

It's not about "truth" it's about selling.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

RP can not SELL his ideas, they will instead be used as ammo against him by better salesmen...

And I disagree but respect your OPINION.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I know you want it to be an opinion, but sadly I think you'll later have to accept that it's true, these things.. there's 50 years of US political history, esp the last 35, that back up my facts... ground would have to break to get RP the nom... and he's just not the right guy to do that... for the stated reasons...

Shockingly, the last candidate that coulda actually managed to shake # up was Obama, and well, he didn't really at all. What a waste of an opportunity..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by kro32

Absolutely agree with once exception. He can speak very well as long as he's not being pressed which is what Ron Paul is good at.

Ron Paul would win easily.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join