It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

S&F FOR BELIEVING IN THE FINE DOCTOR RON PAUL.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

I'm not surprised to see so many Ron Paul fans trying to make rational arguments about his "real beliefs," but understand, I KNOW what he believes, I don' THINK he wants to hurt poor people, etc. That's not my point. My point is that he can't explain his beliefs in a way that will convince people to trust him with their medicine and SS money.

And yet you used the word "FACTS" multiple times

Please make up your mind..
Do you believe the propaganda you posted in the OP or is it just Ron Paul being misunderstood as you now say??

You're misunderstanding me.

The facts aren't that he believes x, y, z; the facts are that he can't explain his beliefs in a way that will make his statements less politically suicidal.

In other words:

"I think medicare is unconstitutional" will be played POLITICALLY as "Ron Paul wants to kill poor people".

No amount of carefully parsing his words or statistical arguments will be able to undo that.

That's a fact.

Running against SS and MC/MC has ALWAYS been political poison and it will be no different this time. That's a fact.

What's NOT a fact is that Ron Paul is a racist or hates the poor, etc., etc., but it doesn't matter...

It's like the Howard Dean scream... it was fabricated, but that didn't stop millions from immediately thinking he was unstable.

It's all about politics and RP sucks at politics and winning the war or perception. Prolly cause he refuses to casually lie about his opponents and blather on in sound-bites... which is a great personal trait, but it's a nightmare for a political Presidential candidate... plus he's extremely argumentative, which doesn't really sell on TV.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Why are you bothering....dont you recognise the rats ...5-6 people always attacking RP and are active in his threads ...they love wars,they love death, they love blood,they love empires.They are not humans.
edit on 22-8-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Mate I'm not going to dwell on your ever changing statements but this is what you posted..

The fact's are clear:
- You can't be anti-social security and win the Presidency.
- There's no huge ground-surge of support for Paul in mainstream America.
- His own past will be used against him and his personality makes him unable to win political battles.

BTW, given the chance I have not seen anyone that IMO has beaten Ron Paul in a debate..
"Bring em on" I say.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Why are you bothering....dont you recognise the rats ...5-6 people always attacking RP and are active in his threads ...they love wars,they love death, they love blood,they love empires.They are not human.

If you ACTUALLY think I'm a bot you are genuinely a "paranoid" person. I can easily prove I'm not a bot, but if you're THAT paranoid it won't matter.

I don't love war, FTR, in fact I think the GOP = WAR and wouldn't vote for a Republican for that very reason.

I supported Dennis Kucinich, a bigger anti-war guy than Paul and someone with about as much chance of being President.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Mate I'm not going to dwell on your ever changing statements but this is what you posted..

The fact's are clear:
- His own past will be used against him and his personality makes him unable to win political battles.

BTW, given the chance I have not seen anyone that IMO has beaten Ron Paul in a debate..
"Bring em on" I say.

Yeah, but I always though Kucinch won the debates as well... if you support a fringer you see them through those eyes... his ability to actually communicate his ideas to a large audience is... well... non-existent. . .

It's frustrating when the "best candidate" in your party is seen as a fringer, but these things happen...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

So why are you opening threads like this: ( i smell agenda with this thread titles ex.: caps loc ( NEVER) ...why are you wasting your time ...enjoy in the day and Ron Paul 2012!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Basically your whole thread and every one of your posts boils down to nothing but your opinion..

Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course but we all don't try to pass them off as facts..

If you stay a member long enough then hopefully you will learn to differentiate between the two.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Well captainmorethanobvioustroll, did you just join to try and discredit a candidate with zero facts??

Mate, many have tried and failed before you and I doubt you will be the last..

ATS members are smarter than that..
They can separate fact from fiction and your OP is sadly lacking in facts.

OK. well, if you'd like to place a friendly wager, I'm up for it.

If Ron Paul gets the nomination I will publicly state you were right. If he doesn't, and if the tactics I've described are used effectively against him, will you agree to state you were wrong?

The fact's are clear:

And what past are you talking about. The government has no dirt on Ron Paul... And you accusations are crazy and borderline fascist.
Please do not post another thing about the subject until you have watched this.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-8-2011 by denyIGNORANCEats11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Ron Paul FTW!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

You should be less paranoid about people you disagree with.

Why did I start this thread? Because IMO Ron Paul supporters are not being honest about his chances. I find that interesting as I have done the same thing in the past. No other secret agenda.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by denyIGNORANCEats11

The thing is, it's not about dirt (you need to read what I write btw.) i's about creating the perception of dirt. Learn about the history of US politics... very little is actually about "facts" i's all about perception.

Do we need 10 debates to know what people "believe"? Nope. Politics is theatre and it takes a certain type of politician to connect with 10s of millions of people.

One that claims SS is unconstitutional will never do that.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by denyIGNORANCEats11
reply to post by Ittabena

S&F FOR BELIEVING IN THE FINE DOCTOR RON PAUL.

so dr paul gives him more cred?

he is not a congressman any more?

don't want a prez with another job title.

reminds me of some african dictators.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

[rolls eyes]

Show me a successful Presidential candidate that's said he'd destroy medicare or social security... go on...

Show me a single political strategist that believes attacking medicare is a winning strategy.

Can you?

I know the difference between fact and opinion, btw. You just don't like my facts. I get it, but that doesn't make them any less factual.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

You're really not worth the trouble..

You twist and change everything you post and state zero facts..

Good luck with your first thread..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by denyIGNORANCEats11

I just clicked that link. If you think that in ANY WAY relates to what I'm saying then you really aren't paying any attention.

link   

Well in defense of ATS I don't think you are giving the members here enough credit. This is a highly intelligent group of guys/gals and we all know what his chances are however most here try to be positive and offer support rather than detract.

If your a fan of a football team you don't go to their rally's and point out the obvious but you go there to support and hope. I often go against Paul myself but I also support his bid for the President and will more than likely vote for him also.

In your OP the only thing you brought up that is relevant is his stance on the entitlements possibly hurting him however, and this is a big however, once he has the stage and he's the only republican left he will have a chance to explain and articulate his reasoning so that would not be as big of an issue as you say.

Obama was an outsider and stole the nomination from Hillary at the 11th hour so that's not relevant to Paul.

And he has consistently shown that all that racial stuff is a non issue. They've been trying to smear him with that in every election and it consistenly fails.

Paul may not win the nomination but he's doing something just as important. He's setting a template for people who believe as he does on how to bring these ideas across and he's showing that their is support for them. What they need is somebody perhaps a little more user-friendly to present them.

Like his son perhaps.

link   
reply to post by backinblack

[rolls eyes]

Yeah, I twist and change everything I post... suuuuure...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

ATS is a echochamber when it comes to Paul.

As far as him clearly explaining his positions, I would disagree. I think, if you're a supporter or paying a bit of attention, then maybe you get his point about SS, etc., maybe you even agree, but the US Presidential campaign is NEVER about complexity.

Think of the last one:

"Sarah Palin is an idiot" vs the black guy with "change"

It always comes down to perception and politics... Paul is good at neither. He is talking high school economics to a bunch of fourth graders... it's essentially just boring to most people whereas the attacks people would run, if he gained any real momentum, would be all over the 24 hours news...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I hope to god his crazy ass son never runs... [shudders]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join