It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I wouldn't agree with that... I'd say he doesn't get much love because:

-his own party's leaders don't support him
-his views are seen as being very fringe (And some of them are very fringe)
-he's not good at playing to the media

I don't really think, or believe, the media is "controlled" as such, as much as it's chasing rating and advertisers and is very conservative in what it airs (not "Conservative" mind).

If Ron Paul were to get his parties support he'd be getting much better coverage. All the Repubs that blame the "media" or the "elite" should actually look at the folks running your party. Actually, as I don't want RP to win, don't.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

It's not my party. I'm no Republican, I'm an Independent, I voted for Obama last election, I bought the hype. Again I ask, what ideas of his do you feel are fringe?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Seriously? Do you not know the history of how American media was bought?

Ratings are a factor but it isn't the be all end all of what they decide to publish.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

The media is too large and diverse to be completely controlled top down. What's far more common is self-censorship based a desire by individual journos to chase ratings. I've known several reporters and editors in my life and none of them are told what to say, unless the paper is scared of being sued or the editor thinks no one is going to be interested.

I know all about the monolithic nature of modern journalism, I know about Bernays, I know about "manufacturing consent" and "wag the dog" and all of that, but... there's thousands of newspapers, 10s of thousands of journalists and editors, etc., etc. It's impossible to ACTUALLY control all of those people...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by RealTalk

Cool. If you research his true positions, you'll see why he gets no love from Fox, CNN, or MSNBC. He doesn't fit into the false right/left paradigm that only serves the elitists. He is consistently in support of the Constitution and the people...

Love that avatar pic by the way...

Thanks ,and thanks for the constuctive teachings of the...what ever you call them,lol

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
A recent Gallup poll (the most recent poll done at this point) has found Paul's support to be dropping.

In a race with both Guiliani and Palin, Paul was the SEVENTH most popular GOP candidate.

Without those two he was... FIFTH.

His candidacy is, again, faltering.

As I expected, Perry is trying to play the "I'm not a crazy insane person, unless you're a crazy person, in which case... [wink, wink]" gambit, which won't work in a general election. And Romney is still a Mormon.

At this point it's still Obama's to lose.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

At this point it's still Obama's to lose.

Let's see Obama in an open debate with Paul...

How would Obama go without a teleprompter?

Obama: "I'm all for the constitution in each of the 55 states of the US..
"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

He debated repeatedly w/o a Teleprompter last time.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

With Ron Paul??

Or just the other puppets sprouting spin..
Yes, Obama would win the spin contest hands down..
It's when you need to actually state solutions that it gets tough..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Obama has been in a huge number of debates, dozens, w/o a teleprompter.

Obama and Paul will never be in a head to head debate though, so... it's kinda moot point.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Obama has been in a huge number of debates, dozens, w/o a teleprompter.

Obama and Paul will never be in a head to head debate though, so... it's kinda moot point.

That's your opinion and Obama's hope..

Paul would crucify him....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

That's your opinion.

Paul has debated many times in the past, including the last time he ran for President and no one was crucified.

In fact Paul only had 14 sponsored delgates at the end of the campaign, vs:

John McCain 1,378
Mike Huckabee 240
Mitt Romney 148

Ron Paul 14

Watch for a repeat of this performance.

edit on 30-8-2011 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I'll watch....

Roll on 2012...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I'll watch....

Roll on 2012...

Good luck to you and all the Paul fans... I've had my political heart broken in the past.. I hope it doesn't happen to you... but... my brain tells me it prolly will

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think it;s time to bump this thread.... Paul is looking decent in a few polls, but still will never ever get the nod.

I, as always, think he's an honest guy, but the Republicans have no taste for honesty or shaking up the status quo.

It'll still polly be Mitt, but I'd love to see it be Gingrich, for the comedy value.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

And then what?

He isn't going anywhere. There are people who will not vote for him if he cuts their programs (mainly the elderly).

I'm not sure that I buy the racist moniker though. I think that's kind of a lazy excuse to use against him.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I have to admit I was for Newt until I learned or the Fannie and Freddie consulting fee he earned. Ron Paul is becoming a strong force - this time around I think people are ready for the President to abide by the oath of office and truly shrink the gov't. He said last night....too many people are out for power, to rule the world and police it. He stated last night we can't even take care of ourselves and with 900 plus bases all around the world and we are broke. He is resonating wtih many of the people that would be called the middle class as well as "the blue collar" members ready to see a true change. I think his views on Iran can be dangerous but I believe he will listen to the people if "we the people" decide it is necessary.

Lots of other issues to consider and why Paul is the answer. Reading is what is needed to learn about their current, past and present agendas.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

But of course you attitude is exactly why Paul WON'T be informed.

People, for a huge variety of reasons, refuse to take the time to get the information they need to make informed decisions.

In other words, Ron Paul is the candidate that would win if Republicans were selfless, well educated and independent thinkers...

Looks like Mitt or Gingrich then...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Originally posted by XplanetX
The only thing between Ron Paul and the presidency is a bullet.

I hope that he wears kevlar armour.

That's wild paranoia. No one wants to kill Ron Paul. He's soooooooooo unelectable that bullet isn't even on the "Top 1000 ways to deal with Ron Paul" list

Sounds like you buy the MSM's poison candy in saying he is unelectable. You and my mother!!!

Why would there even be a 1000 ways "to deal with" Dr. Paul list if he is soooooooooooooo unelectable? The MSM talking heads have their role to play in taking him down. If someone is thinking bullet, it's not them and there is little doubt in my mind TPTB want him stopped.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This is the kinda of mushbrained reaction that reminds us why RP is seen as a kook. His supporters often spout silly conspiracies, for no reason, when they completely miss the real enemy of RP: Republicans.

Republicans don't want RP.

If they did he'd win.

Pretty simple stuff.

The MSM isn't 'out for' RP. They just recognise that he's unelectable.

Look at what the Register said, Paul's fiscal policies would be disasterous. His foreign policy is more that of a hard-core Liberal. Reagen flaunted the law to intervene. Paul would try and change the laws to stop interventions.

I agree with his foreign policy, basically, and I'm a hardcore liberal.

In other words, RP appeals to individualistic, open-minded, thinkers.

Thats the opposite of the Republican base.

Which is why Romney and Gingrich (and Perry and Bachman) all topped poll after poll.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join